No announcement yet.

Raiders make offer for McCown? (Lions)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCown is much better than Trent Green, come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Romyrick View Post
      Are you serious? If that is not a joke then you need to watch some football. From 02-05 Trent Green never had a QB rating below 90, he was one of the top QB's in the game. He struggled last year because he was recovering from a concussion and only played in the 2nd half of the year. I know Green is old as dirt but he would be a good short term fix and could provide competition for Walter and excellent veteran leadership for any QB on the roster.

What has McCown ever done besides suck? I know he's athletic but that doesn't make him a good QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Romyrick View Post
        omg what are u talking about. mccown only has a strong arm and has okay modility. he was 3rd string on the lions last year. yes the lions

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Unlike McCown, Green has proven to be starter quality.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

i dont care...ill take green or mccown. hell i wanted mccown when he was leaving arizona.

as long as we draft cj ill be good.

Comment

Originally posted by andre patton View Post
              i dont care...ill take green or mccown. hell i wanted mccown when he was leaving arizona.

as long as we draft cj ill be good.
              amen to that

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I wouldn't mind Mckown, he's a little better upgrade than Bledsoe and Carr are. I wouldn't give up very much for him 5th round tops. But def not a 4th. I'd rather take a chance on Walter over Mckown because Mckown hasn't proven anything, and Walter is still very young. Lets just say if we don't get him or Trent Green, I want Jamracus Russell.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

It's telling that McCown isn't even being considered as a starter in Detroit. Hes' entering his 6th season, which should be the prime of his career and he can't beat out the 35 year old Kitna and his 22 Int's last year. Detroit NEEDS a QB of the future to lead that offense. If they are willing to let him go for a day 2 pick, then his value is low.

Comment

Trust me, ask any scout who'd they rather have Green or McCown... especially when you consider upside. You guys simply don't know how good McCown is and what his upside could be.

He's seriously the only option that I'd be okay with instead of Russell

Comment

Dude, I like McCown too, but for all his "upside," he's still a decent backup at best.Plus, we're most likely going to draft a QB so his upside isn't an issue. Like someone else mentioned, he didn't even sniff any playing time in Detroit, was a marginal starter in Arizona, and hasn't proved anything. I'd rather sign Rattay, Green or Carr, at least they have proven their ability to start in this league.

Comment

rotoworld.com

Josh McCown-QB-Lions Apr. 5 - 8:10 pm et

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Raiders have entered trade talks with the Lions concerning backup quarterback Josh McCown.

Comment

I hope we don't get him.

Comment

Any idea what type of compensation we are talking about? Just seems dumb for us to eliminate your need at QB even though trading for McCown doesn't mean you wouldn't take Russell.

Comment

McCown is a back up that's all, some people think this means Calvin Johnson is a lock because we have McCown.

that's funny
                              Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                                McCown is a back up that's all, some people think this means Calvin Johnson is a lock because we have McCown.

that's funny
                                I agree. I love CJ but I don't think McCown alters the draft plans much at all, he will just compete with Booty to hold the clipboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information