Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakland Raiders Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by D4rk 0ne
    Originally posted by jmanz
    Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss gave a reason for why he has dropped so many passes this year. "Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too excited about what's going on, so my concentration and focus level tends to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood. So all I can say is that if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results," said Moss.

    What a joke.
    Frankly, I completely understand. Either get Walsh out or make him change his scheme and add plays that Walter and the offense can run efficiently. Although I don't think there's any excuse that justifies Moss's performance this year... IMO we should dump Walsh and hire someone new (Fassel?)... It's hard to tell where we actually need help on offense because no plays ever develop. If Walsh and Davis want a deep threat stretch-the-field passing game, we have to open it with trap runs, screens, slants, and other quick plays to keep the D on their heels. Walsh is running a flat offense and I definitely see where Moss is coming from.

    Also, I agree with Walter's statement that was posted (obviously). If Shell benches Walter for that, we need to have a rebellion or something... I don't want to say that Shell can't coach anymore, but sometimes business means hiring the best man for the job, and Walsh doesn't fit that description. He should have to earn his position and work to keep it, or this organization will go nowhere anytime soon.
    Well i can see why he would be frustrated but his venting to the media about it is BS. I guess maybe i've seen too much of his bitching from his Viking days being up North close to that scene. It gets old.

    Comment


    • hmm

      You Canadian jmanz? I'm from Edmonton.

      Look at the Ravens improvement on offense after firing their OC. I don't know why Davis is hesitant on firing him. I understand we've had a high turnover in the past couple years, but Walsh is flat out doing a horrible job.

      Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

      Comment


      • raiders

        its time to get rid of moss.


        "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

        Comment


        • Due to some computer trouble (ie: exploding), I just got back on this site.

          The Broncos game was nothing short of incredibly frustrating. During the first half Walsh's play calling was greatly improved, and the offense was running smoothly (it took by such suprise that I suspected I had missed the announcement of a replacement for Walsh). The plays were varied (fake handoff to fake reverse to screen play...genius) and effective. I don't know what happened at half-time, but Walsh reverted to his old self, trying stuff that obviously hadn't worked all year. Terribly frustrating.

          On the bright side, I'm convinced this defense is for real.

          Comment


          • Re: hmm

            Originally posted by Komp
            You Canadian jmanz? I'm from Edmonton.

            Look at the Ravens improvement on offense after firing their OC. I don't know why Davis is hesitant on firing him. I understand we've had a high turnover in the past couple years, but Walsh is flat out doing a horrible job.
            No sir, from North Dakota actually.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
              Due to some computer trouble (ie: exploding), I just got back on this site.

              The Broncos game was nothing short of incredibly frustrating. During the first half Walsh's play calling was greatly improved, and the offense was running smoothly (it took by such suprise that I suspected I had missed the announcement of a replacement for Walsh). The plays were varied (fake handoff to fake reverse to screen play...genius) and effective. I don't know what happened at half-time, but Walsh reverted to his old self, trying stuff that obviously hadn't worked all year. Terribly frustrating.

              On the bright side, I'm convinced this defense is for real.
              welcome back....interesting that they would do some tricky plays in the first half but go dormant in the second half. I only saw the last quarter so I wasn't fortunate enough to see the brief flash of life from Walsh's playbook.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                Due to some computer trouble (ie: exploding), I just got back on this site.
                That sounds interesting. :|

                Comment


                • If I could go to one away game, it'd be at Arrowhead

                  Comment


                  • I really hope the line plays like they did against pittsburgh

                    Comment


                    • Looks like Green is starting for the Chiefs...I guess he wants another concussion...

                      Comment


                      • haha

                        lol the man in the cape...nice....

                        Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jmanz
                          welcome back....interesting that they would do some tricky plays in the first half but go dormant in the second half. I only saw the last quarter so I wasn't fortunate enough to see the brief flash of life from Walsh's playbook.
                          It really confused me. The play calling in the first was plays I hadn't seen get called all year. Zone-blocking sweep to Zach Crockett? That reverse I mentioned? It appeared as if Walsh had rubbed the bed n' breakfast out of his eyes. Sadly, that was not the case. I'd be very interested in knowing what happened though. The offense looked really good with real playcalling.

                          That sounds interesting.
                          Not really, considering I'm operation on a terrible little laptop which can barely handle me running this site and some music to go along with it. New computer's in the mail though, so wohoo.

                          Comment


                          • hmmm

                            We're not starting Brooks this weekend are we?

                            Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

                            Comment


                            • Re: raiders

                              Originally posted by RaiderNation
                              its time to get rid of moss.
                              No it's time to get rid of Jerry Porter.


                              Thanks to jackalope

                              Comment


                              • Re: hmmm

                                Originally posted by Komp
                                We're not starting Brooks this weekend are we?
                                Gosh I hope not.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information