Oakland Raiders Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by portermvp84
    I would take Ad in the first and see if Brohm drops down to the second then take him win win situation.
    i think cj and brohm is a better win win situation cuz u still have jordan and curry.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation
      im not saying there isnt any chance of picking a qb. i just think we wont be able to pass up the talent that cj brings to the table. if we trade down id really want to get russell. i want russell more than AD.
      I like Johnson but what good will he do if the Raiders don't have a QB? I would much rather draft a WR in the 2nd/3rd round than one in the 1st. No team builds their team around a WR.

I like Peterson too but he has been hurt 2 years in a row and there is no way the Raiders will draft a RB that has been hurt often with the #1 pick.

We have no idea what Al Davis is going to do. I won't be suprised if he doesn't trade Moss, Porter. He won't trade them away for nothing and the value for each players right now isn't that great.

Comment

• Originally posted by NIN1984
        No I don't want Leak...

Raiders struggles will continue until they get a QB both Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell come with the franchise QB label and that’s what I want. Andrew Walter is not the future did you guys not hear all the Raider fans chanting TUI!TUI!TUI! at the games in Oakland? That’s not good for Walter plus I can’t imagine what the guys on the defense would think about Walter as the starting QB (I remember reading about Derrick Burgess yelling at him) So what are we gonna do about QB sign yet another old washed up vet
        :roll:

Face it Peterson is differently not worth the 1st overall pick maybe not even top 5, What’s the point of drafting a WR? So we are going to re-build the offense around a WR? That’s so stupid the whole point of drafting a QB is so we can build around him.
        Nothing about Brady Quinn says "#1 overall pick" to me. Regardless of your feelings for Walter, Quinn just does not warrant the pick.

Russell is a tools guy. I don't know that he's as good from the neck up as he is from the neck down. Be that smarts or dedication to film study or whatever. I don't think his head measures up to his muscle, and that's a near definite recipe for a bust.

To say that Peterson isn't worth the #1 pick is al ittle strange to me. He's a fantastic RB with unreal vision, great size/speed, and addresses a very real need for us.

Why take Johnson? Well, we have the first pick and he's basically the best football player in the class. He also addresses a very real need. Imagine how much better our QBs would have been if they had someone to throw to this year? Whitted was a joke from Day 1 and Moss never even made the effort to finish a route that was over 7 or 8 yards deep.

No matter how you feel about Walter/Brooks, they had absloutely nothing to work with. Tom Brady would have sucked on this team. That's undeniable.

We have question marks at QB. We have nothing at RB and only Curry at WR. QB just isn't a position we need to address this high. Maybe when we've created an environment where a QB can succeed. But until then, this team is a career death sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oaktown1981
          Because people on this board have no clue.
          I've read your posts on different boards. You're not exactly a GM candidate anywhere yourself.

Comment

Come on bro don’t tell me you want Rattay as the QB that = 4 wins at the most, aren’t you sick of the same thing every year for the Raiders this formula has won us nothing its time for a change...
            It won us a whole lotta division championships and an AFC title.

Rattay isn't a bad QB. He's played on bad teams. I ain't saying he's a savior by any means. But bringing in guys like him, Huard, and retaining Walter make more sense than drafting some flavor of the month hype byproduct at the top of this draft when there's some amazing talents like Johnson and Peterson available who we don't see every year. We'd b foolish not to take advantage and grab one of them.

Another thing its funny how everyone brings up Raiders don’t draft first round QB’s, ok so lets go back 20 years in 20 years of drafting Raiders have drafted 1 QB in the first round and 1 RB so why doesn’t anyone bring that up?
            Maybe because we've actually had success drafting RBs. You think Al doesn't think about that? As trivial as it may seem, I have no doubt that Al remembers the horror and embarrassment this team endured after blowing a top pick on a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84
              I would take Ad in the first and see if Brohm drops down to the second then take him win win situation.
              i think cj and brohm is a better win win situation cuz u still have jordan and curry.
              Jordan may be cut, so I wouldn't rely on his being here.

Still, he's not very good anyway. AP would make a lot of sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crow
                Originally posted by RaiderNation

if jordan is cut i think we will take bush in the 2nd if brohm isnt there. i really want to see if jordan can comeback good next year so i think he gets 1 more chance. he did what was expected in his first year but he got hurt this year. him and fargis should make a good combo

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• i know lamont has a big contract. if we cut him how would that effect the cap?

Comment

• Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
                    i know lamont has a big contract. if we cut him how would that effect the cap?
                    i dont exact but it should be alot i think. thats 1 reason why i dont want to let him go yet. do u think there is any chance of us trading him?

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Come on bro don’t tell me you want Rattay as the QB that = 4 wins at the most, aren’t you sick of the same thing every year for the Raiders this formula has won us nothing its time for a change...

Another thing its funny how everyone brings up Raiders don’t draft first round QB’s, ok so lets go back 20 years in 20 years of drafting Raiders have drafted 1 QB in the first round and 1 RB so why doesn’t anyone bring that up?
                      because Kaufman was a success in the NFL.whereas Marinovich was a complete bust.not to metion in that stretch of 20 years they had Allen and Jackson in the backfield please explain why they needed to draft a RB in the 1st.a stupid argument.
                      I think its funny that people insist on the Raiders drafting a first round QB.they have no valid reasoning behind it.
                      the usual reasoning behind it is they desperately need a QB.besides Gannon Oakland has needed a QB since before the Hostetler years.
                      a completely pointless argument to make.
                      I like it even better when they point out that the last time Oakland drafted a WR in the 1st ROund was 88 whereas the the last time they drafted a QB in the 1st was 94.the difference is that Brown is a future HOF whereas Marinovich is a bust.shame he wore #12.
                      as it is Al Davis doesnt care what the fans think.Walter will most surely be the only QB who has a chance at being the future QB for Oakland next year.
                      Please explain to me why AP is not worth a top five pick.you obviously dont knwo what your talking about.
                      Jamarcus Russell isnt worth a top five pick.that statement makes much more sense.he cant read defenses and has bad decision making.not to mention hes lazy.he may have all the physical qualities you look at in a QB but he most certainly doesnt have the brains.
                      AL could careless what the fans,announcers,analyts,draft analysts,and everyone else say about him get used to it.
                      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

• Originally posted by Crow
                        Originally posted by Oaktown1981
                        I've read your posts on different boards. You're not exactly a GM candidate anywhere yourself.
                        Say the guy that wants Tim Rattay as the QB.

Originally posted by Crow
                        Originally posted by RaiderNation

Until Jordan is cut I doubt the Raiders draft a RB. Is it Jordans fault the OL didn't do their job this year? Is it his fault that Art Shell was a terrible HC? Is it his fault Tom Walsh was the OC?

All I know is that Jordan had around 1500 total yards in 2004 with around 10+ tds.

Do you really think Al would draft a RB that has been hurt 2 year in arow? Other than his freshman year he isn't been healty. Unless the Raiders trade down ( which al never does ) they won't draft Peterson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oaktown1981
                          Originally posted by Crow
                          Originally posted by Oaktown1981
                          Say the guy that wants Tim Rattay as the QB.
                          tim is better than brooks. we still dont know about walter. doingthisinsteadofwork really got u with his comment above. no way u can defend ur self against that IMO

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• give me some examples of when jamarcus has been lazy?

jamarcus russell has a career 20-3 starting record. its hard for me to believe he cant read defenses at all. yea, he might not be have the greatest decision making in the world. he has a great arm and solid mobility those are hard things to teach an nfl quarterback. decision making you can teach especially with a quarterback guru like sarkisian.

im not saying i want russell, i'd actually prefer calvin johnson but some of these generic responses about his laziness and his brains really bother me.

Comment

• also u said rattey would only get us to 4 wins. more than this year buddy. 08 should be the year we try to find our future qb is walter sucks next year. either in FA/trade or draft one in first 3 rounds

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

also u said rattey would only get us to 4 wins. more than this year buddy. 08 should be the year we try to find our future qb is walter sucks next year. either in FA/trade or draft one in first 3 rounds
                                What makes you think Rattay would even want to come here? He isn't on this team so why even talk about him?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information