Carolina Panther Watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    The same could be said last year though, it all depends on injuries, which were a main reason for their downfall last year.
    Not really, most everyone had the Saints pegged for 1st in the division last year. Their defense was exposed this year though. Hopefully the Panthers will have an injury riddled season and finish with 2 wins, but you can't bet on them to have injury problems because more often than not injuries are just luck of the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
      Not really, most everyone had the Saints pegged for 1st in the division last year. Their defense was exposed this year though. Hopefully the Panthers will have an injury riddled season and finish with 2 wins, but you can't bet on them to have injury problems because more often than not injuries are just luck of the draw.
      Yeah but if Delhomme goes down that pretty much ends it for them. And they have a new LT who may get expeosed. Its just one thing I know, but I gues what I'm trying to say is this, its to tough to know right now.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

If being injured is just luck, then the Panthers are the luckiest team in the NFL.

Comment

At least last year anyway.

Comment

With The 4th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft from the Panthers the Philadelphia Eagles select Andre Smith OT Alabama

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa, I don't know if they would pick that high, but I certainly wouldn't complain:D.

Comment

Alright some good (bad for them) news coming out of Carolina: Steve Smith punched Ken Lucas in the face on the sideline during training camp. Lucas was carted off the field holding an ice pack to his eye. Repercussions for Smith have not been announced yet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

I like both Lucas and Smith as players, but this will definitely be bad for team chemistry, and Smith could be suspended for a few games.

Comment

If that is the case dependin on how long Smith is out, that could really be a problem for the Panthers. I really don't expect him out more than two games if he even gets suspended. I agree it will affect team chemistry, and that may be was has a larger negative factor for the Panthers.

Comment

The Panthers released a statement saying that Smith will be suspended for the first two games of the season. They will be weaker for those two games, and Smith and Delhomme will probably take another few games after those two to really get on the same page.

Comment

Smith had to be held accountable for his actions, so a suspension was necessary. Training camp fights usually end up in shoving, not punching. Smith got their starting cornerback hurt with a broken nose. 2 games was the right amount.
                      John Fox needed this situation like a kick in the mouth. He has been on the hot seat since last year and now he has to suspend his best player. They probably wouldn't beat San Diego in week 1, even with Smith. But the Chicago game the next week is winnable with Smith. Here I am, making predictions already, can the season start already?

Edit: I just realized this in the Eagles section. You guys should aim for Michael Crabtree.
                      Last edited by MidwayMonster31; 08-03-2008, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Just to throw in my 2 cents, I can't see the Panthers losing to chicago even with Smith out and I couldn't see us beating SD with Smith there so IMO, the Panthers are going to be 1-1 despite Smith being out, which everyone is predicting.

Comment

I agree Blindsite, that is how I would put it anyway, at least it gives Bear Fans hope though. MidMon31, beleive it or not, S and OT, especially LT are bigger needs than WR right now, but by the end of the year, we may need WR, or we may not need one at all. once again, specualtion is almost pointless, but it is fun.

Comment

I am on board with blindsite's assessment. Carolina may have been able to steal the Chicago game with Smith, though you never know. They aren't totally anemic without him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

bsaza, I don't know if you had a typo or what, but it seems like you contradicted yourself. You say you are on board with Blindsite, but you then you say that the Panthers may be able to steal the game against Chigaco. I don't know, that just makes me beleive that you think Chigaco would win that game, when Blindsite's assessment is that Carolina would win.

Comment

You were right. Typo. I mean that Chicago could steal the game. I'm not sold at all on Carolina this year. The only real problem is that I want them to have like the #7 overall pick. I don't want the team to have to give out some sort of ridiculous $65mm guaranteed deal...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information