2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    they? Are you referring to the Eagles? Because they moved up 2 spots, not 10.

Earl Thomas will be available for the Eagles, McClain isn't needed because of Stewart Bradley, Sergio Kindle will be there for the Eagles and so will Everson Griffen. Joe Haden is a top 10 prospect and Derrick Morgan would have to suck at the combine to fall far enough for the Eagles to trade up.
    hey man crazy things can happen, I thought the Eagles were at 28.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      hey man crazy things can happen, I thought the Eagles were at 28.
      No the 28th was traded for Peters

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2MOiEnnF8

The only player I would trade up for is The Eric Berry. Eric Berrrrrrrryyy very scarrrrryyy.

Comment

• Yeah that is the only guy I would even want the Eagles to move up for.

Since a signing of Julius Peppers appears like it has a good chance of happening, my latest mock has been thrown out the window. If the Eagles sign Julius Peppers my mock for the first three rounds would look like this:
          1- Earl Thomas FS Texas
          -I kind of feel like I need to explain this one, yeah he has tackling issues and is weak in run support, but the guy is a playmaker that much is clear, he has good hands and he has the ability to read a QB's eyes. That and he can double as a CB and he can match up with anyone in man to man coverage so he allows the defense to do more stuff than they normally would.
          2- Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
          3 (Seattle)- AJ Edds LB Iowa
          3- Larry Asante S Nebraska

Comment

• 2 safeties? I'd much rather grab a RB in the 3rd.

Comment

• What are the odds we could go:

1) Earl Thomas, S, Texas
              2) Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
              3) Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State or Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest

Comment

• I think if the Eagles move up in the second then Pouncey would be there. Its hard to find a center with his size and he could play guard.

Comment

• 24. Philadelphia Eagles - Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
                  56. Philadelphia Eagles - Larry Asante, S, Nebraska
                  69. Philadelphia Eagles (f/SEA) - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
                  87. Philadelphia Eagles - D'Anthony Smith, DT, Louisiana Tech
                  119. Philadelphia Eagles - LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
                  124. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NYJ) - Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech
                  136. Philadelphia Eagles (f/BUF) - Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida
                  159. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NO) - Taylor Price, WR, Ohio
                  168. Philadelphia Eagles (f/BUF) - Brandon Banks, RS, Kansas State
                  190. Philadelphia Eagles (f/IND) - T.J. Ward, S, Oregon

Final draft.

Did I Win?
                  Last edited by Brothgar; 02-25-2010, 09:06 PM.
                  Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                  oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

• Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                    24. Philadelphia Eagles - Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri

Final draft.

Did I Win?
                    Eagles will never draft a linebacker in the first round, nor should they. The position is just not important enough to warrant a first round pick.

Comment

Final draft.

Did I Win?
                      I won't say moronically douchey things like this guy Morty, but Win? No.

No DE? No Safety until the very last pick? A LB who isn't suited for the strong side? Not feeling it.

Comment

Final draft.

Did I Win?
                        Im not liking DT in the 3rd way too early for someone who will only compete for the last DT spot.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Here's my latest mock (with a couple FA signings)

- Sign Aaron Kampman and Antrel Rolle in Free Agency. - Fills our 2 biggest needs and allows us to draft more for the future rather than putting us in position to have to rely on rookies.
                          - Trade Michael Vick to Buffalo for their 4th round pick. - We ship Michael Vick off rather than Donovan in hopes that McNabb might have 1 final run in him. It's his last chance though because his contract is up in a year.

Draft

Round 1 - Sergio Kindle LB/DE Texas - With LDE and FS filled we can now make a bit of a luxury pick. Kindle can play a similar role as his former teammate Brian Orakpo did for the skins that earned him a pro bowl bid. Kindle can play SLB on first and second downs and then line up at DE on 3rd downs with Kampman moving inside. He actually makes more sense as a LB in the 4-3 than Orakpo did.

Round 2 - Donovan Warren CB Michigan - Sheldon Brown is getting up there in age and the eagles look for his future replacement in the same round they stole Brown. Warren was once hyped as a 1st round pick but with other guys like Kyle Wilson and Devin McCourty flying up draft boards Warren should be around when the eagles pick in the 2nd. Warren is a solid all around corner that doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, but also may not have the star potential of some others.

Round 3a - Montario Hardesty RB Tennessee - With the sudden departure of Brian Westbrook and the 2nd best true halfback on the eagles being Eldra Buckley, it is pretty obvious the eagles will look for a RB fairly early. Hardesty reminds me a lot of a young Correll Buckhalter in that he has good size, runs hard, and is sneaky fast. I think he's good enough to not only be a backup, but will get a pretty solid workload and form a nice 1-2 punch with McCoy, with Weaver being the lead blocker and occasional ball carrier.

Round 3b - Lindsey Witten DE Connecticut - Kampman is great, but he's not exactly a spring chicken. The eagles still need to look to the future at the position and Witten definitely has the ability to be a starter. Could contribute as a rookie in a rotational role, but don't be surprised if this guy is the starter at LDE in a couple years.

Round 4a - Danario Alexander WR Missouri - This guy was getting hyped as a 2nd or even 1st round pick by some people, but I don't see it. He is extremely raw, has pretty average speed and doesn't really know how to run many routes. With our WRs, we can take a risk because he does have a lot of upside. At 6'5, he may finally give the eagles a receiving threat at WR in the redzone. Look for Cornelius Ingram to help there too.

Round 4b - Mike Johnson OG Alabama - The eagles currently have a lot of uncertainty at O-Line. Between Jamaal Jackson and Stacy Andrews' physical health and Shawn Andrews' mental health, the eagles will be looking to pick up some insurance. Johnson is very versatile and can play both guard positions and right tackle in a pinch. May have some starting potential on the inside as well.

Round 4c - Jarrett Brown QB West Virginia - I've had this pick in all of my mock drafts for a reason. The pick makes a lot of sense to me in that they will be looking to not only replace Michael Vick on the depth chart, they will be looking for a future number 2 to Kevin Kolb. Brown fits the offense like a glove and although he doesn't have a lot of experience, he's one of the better developmental guys in the draft.

Round 6 - Michael Hoomanawanui TE Illinois - If Cornelius Ingram can stay healthy the eagles could potentially have one of the better TE duos in the league, but they could use that guy that is like an extra O-Lineman at the TE position. Won't provide much in the receiving game but with Celek, Ingram, and all our WRs, we don't really need another weapon. Also, his name is sure to make him a fan favorite.

Final 53 man roster

Offense (25)
                          QB - Donovan McNabb, Kevin Kolb, Jarrett Brown (3)
                          HB - LeSean McCoy, Montario Hardesty, Eldra Buckley (3)
                          FB - Leonard Weaver (1)
                          WR - DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant, Kevin Curtis, Danario Alexander (5)
                          TE - Brent Celek, Cornelius Ingram, Michael Hoomanawanui (3)
                          LT - Jason Peters, King Dunlap (2)
                          LG - Todd Herremans, Mike Johnson (2)
                          C - Jamaal Jackson, Nick Cole (2)
                          RG - Stacy Andrews, Max Jean-Gilles (2)
                          RT - Winston Justice, Shawn Andrews (2)

Defense (25)
                          RDE - Trent Cole, Lindsey Witten, Darren Howard (3)
                          RDT - Brodrick Bunkley, Antonio Dixon (2)
                          LDT - Mike Patterson, Trevor Laws (2)
                          LDE - Aaron Kampman, Juqua Parker, Victor Abiamiri (3)
                          WLB - Will Witherspoon, Tracy White (2)
                          MLB - Stewart Bradley, Akeem Jordan (2)
                          SLB - Sergio Kindle, Moise Fokou (2)
                          LCB - Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, Joselio Hanson (3)
                          FS - Antrel Rolle, Macho Harris (2)
                          SS - Quintin Mikell, Quintin Demps (2)
                          RCB - Sheldon Brown, Donovan Warren (2)

Special Teams (3)
                          K - David Akers (1)
                          P - Sav Rocca (1)
                          LS - Jon Dorenbos (1)

Free Agent Signing
                          Draft Pick
                          Last edited by Go_Eagles77; 02-25-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havok69 View Post
                            I won't say moronically douchey things like this guy Morty, but Win? No.

No DE? No Safety until the very last pick? A LB who isn't suited for the strong side? Not feeling it.
                            I did address those positins but failed to post

56. Philadelphia Eagles - Larry Asante, S, Nebraska
                            124. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NYJ) - Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech

I should have addressed each a round sooner but weatherspoon has too much value.
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

• Danario Alexander tore some ligaments in his knee and he won't be able to perform at the combine, nor Mizzou's proday so I think he is going to fall a little bit.

I'm also going to pass on Sergio Kindle. I think we take away his best asset (rushing the passer) by putting him at SLB in our defense. He plays fairly well in space, but I'm not sure just how excited I am about him covering Witten, Cooley, Boss, etc.

I'd rather us beef up our dline so we can get a solid pass rush with just 4 guys.

Comment

• Hei is going to fall out of the draft with bum knees like those.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information