How many picks are we getting

is it
    ??????????

if so i wanna fill in the blanks

This year we have a 1,2,3,5,6,7.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

eatw is correct about this year. It is possible we'll lose a 7th rounder to Dallas for signing Fowler.

Next season, we have 2 extra 4th's already from the trades of Hicks and Hollis Thomas, plus I'm sure we're getting some compensatory picks for losing Lewis, Hood, and possibly William James.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        eatw is correct about this year. It is possible we'll lose a 7th rounder to Dallas for signing Fowler.

Next season, we have 2 extra 4th's already from the trades of Hicks and Hollis Thomas, plus I'm sure we're getting some compensatory picks for losing Lewis, Hood, and possibly William James.
        The Titans are now in the runnign for Fowler's services ahead of us. He wouldn't cost a draft pick anyway, he got little playing time and was undrafted. I was told this by a Cowboys fan, so i don't think they would rip themselves off. We have a fourth from the Hank Fraley trade and next year's sixth or seventh from the Parry trade. We will get compensatory picks from Lewis and Hood, but not William James, he RE-SIGNED with us. Donte will also give us a compensatory pick along with Garcia. But I don't see any of those picks being higher than a fouth rounder. Most will be a sixth or seventh. Next year's draft class is looking like it has the makings to be very good already, so having tons of extra picks will be great. We may use some of next year's picks as trade bait to move up this year though.

Comment

Sorry about missing on the James resigning. I was in Atlantic City and away from the comp for like 5 days straight. It kind of sucked not having access.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

The Eagles will get some combination of picks for all of their lost FA's. There is a formula out there. They won't necessarily get single picks for single lost FA's, but they will probably get at least 3 compensatory picks next season. Looks like they have all 7 of their picks next year, plus 2 extra 4th's, plus an extra late rounder, plus compensatories. Lots of prospects...

Comment

Sorry about missing on the James resigning. I was in Atlantic City and away from the comp for like 5 days straight. It kind of sucked not having access.
              Don't be sorry, just thought that was something that everyone was aware of. But you had other circumstances, so I could see why you wouldn't know.

Comment

They won't necessarily get single picks for single lost FA's, but they will probably get at least 3 compensatory picks next season. Looks like they have all 7 of their picks next year, plus 2 extra 4th's, plus an extra late rounder, plus compensatories.

I don't know why the quotes didn't work, but that was said in the post two above. They only have one extra 4th rounder that I am aware of, and that is from the Hank Fraley trade. They have two fourth rounders, but not two extra ones, unless you can find where the other extra one came from, I am pretty sure we only have one extra fourth rounder next year.

Comment

Another thing, I am pretty sure you can't get compensatory picks for combinations of players. You only get the pick if a player is worth one in the first place. Two players can not be combined to make one compensatory pick, as far as I know anyway.

Comment

I was pretty sure the Eagles got 1 from Fraley and another from either the Hicks to the Vikings deal or the trade of Hollis Thomas to the Saints.

Comment

I was pretty sure the Eagles got 1 from Fraley and another from either the Hicks to the Vikings deal or the trade of Hollis Thomas to the Saints.
                      Thoe guys were just used to move up in this past year's draft.

Comment

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they got extra 2008 draft picks for some of those guys.

Comment

We got a 4th round pick for Fraley

Heres the deal on Hicks and Thomas.

As for the Hollis Thomas and Artis Hicks trades, here is how it worked. We traded Thomas to move up 9 spots, where we took MJG. Then we traded Artis Hicks to swap fourths with Minnesota, and we also got their sixth round pick. From there we took Minnesota's fourth and sixth round picks and traded them to Green Bay to move up in the 4th where we took Jason Avant.

Also I believe we have an extra draft pick we got from our trade with Seattle for Josh Parry. I believe it was a conditional 6th/7th rounder, which turned out to be a 7th.

So we have an extra 4th and an extra 7th. Those are the only extra picks that I am aware of right now.
                          Last edited by cunningham06; 03-15-2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                            We got a 4th round pick for Fraley

Heres the deal on Hicks and Thomas.

As for the Hollis Thomas and Artis Hicks trades, here is how it worked. We traded Thomas to move up 9 spots, where we took MJG. Then we traded Artis Hicks to swap fourths with Minnesota, and we also got their sixth round pick. From there we took Minnesota's fourth and sixth round picks and traded them to Green Bay to move up in the 4th where we took Jason Avant.

Also I believe we have an extra draft pick we got from our trade with Seattle for Josh Parry. I believe it was a conditional 6th/7th rounder, which turned out to be a 7th.

So we have an extra 4th and an extra 7th. Those are the only extra picks that I am aware of right now.
                            Thats what I have been trying to say.

Comment

The Eagles got lae round picks in 2008 for both Josh Parry and Hank Fraley. I believe Artis Hicks and Hollis Thomas were part of trades up in last years draft. My memory might be failing me but it seems one of them was part of oving up for Max Jean Gillis.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information