No announcement yet.

Kevin Curtis an Eagle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he would have to battle really hard to get the #1 spot. It doesn't really matter though, because the Eagles don't really have a true #1 receiver when Donovan is QB anyway. He likes to spread the ball and finds th open receiver. It doesn't matter who it is, if there open, they get the ball.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Curtis will not be the #1. Reggie Brown will be. It doesn't really matter that much anyway because I doubt there will be much of a difference between receptions between our #1 and #2 this season. ^^It's not because Donovan is qb, if we get a great WR Donovan gives them the football quite a bit. Donovan only spreads it when he doesn't have the #1, it's not the other way around. When TO was on the team in 2004 before he got injured he had more receptions than the rest of the team combined.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
        Curtis will not be the #1. Reggie Brown will be. It doesn't really matter that much anyway because I doubt there will be much of a difference between receptions between our #1 and #2 this season. ^^It's not because Donovan is qb, if we get a great WR Donovan gives them the football quite a bit. Donovan only spreads it when he doesn't have the #1, it's not the other way around. When TO was on the team in 2004 before he got injured he had more receptions than the rest of the team combined.
        I know what you're getting at here and I can agree with you to an extent. But we all know that a lot of htose throws were to keep TO happy, which didn't seem to work anyway.

Comment

So Curtis is looking more like a reality since he wanted to sign with Detroit but they signed his teammate McDonald, so i think us getting Curtis is pretty good

Comment

I sure hope so. And maybe if we get Donovan and/or Kearse to restrucrure contracts we could go after a good Safety as well, or make some smaller signings likt DT or RB.

Comment

yeah i think Kearse needs to take a paycut instead of restructure, so we can get a extra DT, though not that many good S or Rb out there, Hamlin is a FS, i like him but would be too expenisve there is Mike Doss,

there still is cory dillion for rb i like him hope hes not asking for too much

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                yeah i think Kearse needs to take a paycut instead of restructure, so we can get a extra DT, though not that many good S or Rb out there, Hamlin is a FS, i like him but would be too expenisve there is Mike Doss,

there still is cory dillion for rb i like him hope hes not asking for too much
                Hamlin did play FS in Seattle, but he is more suited to be a SS because he is better in run coverage than pass coverage. I don't want to start another argument about this, just please take my word on in. With how little attention he has gotten, he could come cheaper than most of us are expecting.

Comment

Kevin Curtis an Eagle

Just saw on ESPN that the Eagles signed Kevin Curtis to a six year deal. What do you think? I like the signing, and will tell some more once I find our more info.

Comment

i like the signing, but in the back of my mind i was hopeing for a 1st round draft pick ie: Sidney Rice Robert Meachem

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

I'm jealous. Curtis is a vastly underrated WR with fantastic hands and top gear speed. His hard work ethic and has the ability to return kicks should quickly make him a fan favorite.
                      Your current WR core of R. Brown / Basket / Avant is very solid indeed.

Comment

Yeah, it's 6 years, $32 million, $9.5 million guaranteed, as reported by NFL.com. Apparently the Titans and Vikings might have offered him more, but he chose us in the end:) I do agree with you some jbrodo, I kind of would have liked to see Meachem drafted by us IMO, but this takes care of that. Also they said Ron Dayne visited us today, though I don't know if I'd be fond of signing him even if he's come around a little the past few years.

Comment

chances are we wouldn't have drafted meachem or rice unless they slipped to 3rd round or later
                          sig by Frisco49ers, the man

i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                            I'm jealous. Curtis is a vastly underrated WR with fantastic hands and top gear speed. His hard work ethic and has the ability to return kicks should quickly make him a fan favorite.
                            Your current WR core of R. Brown / Basket / Avant is very solid indeed.
                            That's what I think. Withink a few years' these three could be a great receiving tandem in the NFL, and Donovan will finally have some receivers he likes and will be able to keep around for a while.

Comment

this news has literally lightened my mood after Duke's loss. Not that i like duke but i picked them to make the S16

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Originally posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
                                i like the signing, but in the back of my mind i was hopeing for a 1st round draft pick ie: Sidney Rice Robert Meachem
                                I'm the exact opposite. I'm glad we will pass on those guys to take some of the amazing defensive talent available in the draft this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information