X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GaMeTiMe
    Originally posted by Dillen
    HAdalius Thomas is 5x better than Trent Cole. I have no problem admitting that. Could you imagine how awesome this defense could be with a STUD at SLB? It's just a shame that he's already 30.
    Exactly, he's thirty. I think Cole will be at his level by that time too.

Since when is Briggs a product of the system? It seems like you just made that up.
    Just what I've heard. That's the reason they supposedly would be ok with letting him go.

Imagine June in a 4-3.
    Since when doesn't Indy run a 4-3?
    That my friend is crazy, not that I wouldn't love it if he was :D . Trent Cole is good, and has the potential to be very good, but Adalius Thomas plays and has played 9 different positions on defense for the Ravens. Cole has versatility as well, but I don't think he has a chance of becoming versatile enough to play defensive back, and he doesn't have heft enough to anchor the defensive line at nose tackle like Thomas can. All I am saying is that Thomas is one of a kind and can be plugged in anywhere while Trent Cole can't.

As for Briggs, maybe he's a product of the system, I don't think he is though, he's big he's fast and he's a playmaker, he would be a good but expensive addition.

I would be pissed if we wasted money to bring in June. He can't defend the run at all, and would actually be worse than what we have right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
      Originally posted by bsaza2358
      Sounds like a long list, Dillen. Still, if the Eagles win their first playoff game, they won't draft until 25th at the earliest. Tough to say they'll do any worse than that, especially if they have the home game agaisnt the weak #6 seed.

I can't find much on Timmons on this and other sites. Can you give us some details?
      Ha, yeah long list. 5 deep, always be prepared.

Timmons has pretty good size, off the top of my head 6'3" 230. He looks pretty stocky to me though, although it might be the pads. Really fast. Strong. Very good blitzer. Hard hitter.

I looked up his stats. He's listed at 6'3" 227. 74 tackles, 13 TFL, 5 sacks, INT, 2 FR, 3 TDs, 2 blocked kicks.
      Based on that Timmons sounds pretty good to me. It sounds like he can bring more to the LB position than just tackling, maybe some sacks and qb pressures? That would be a nice change, and if we replace Dhani at SLB we could probably use him as a backup at both OLB spots since he has played them both. Nelson and Revis I don't know enough about but I will take a look at them. As for Waters, if he has his speed back before the draft, I hope we draft him, if not, I hope we stay away. We could use some speed for our MLB after Trotter is gone.

Comment

• If the guy is 227 lbs, he'd have to get bigger. I haven't seen him play. I'll try to find some video's of him, or do u guys have any?

Anyways I don't really like Dhani's play hes been alright but nothing special. But Gaither should stay a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan
          If the guy is 227 lbs, he'd have to get bigger. I haven't seen him play. I'll try to find some video's of him, or do u guys have any?

Anyways I don't really like Dhani's play hes been alright but nothing special. But Gaither should stay a starter.
          227 out of college isn't that bad, he can get up to 245 pretty soon I bet, and 6'3 245 is a pretty good size for a SLB, maybe even a little heavier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan
            If the guy is 227 lbs, he'd have to get bigger. I haven't seen him play. I'll try to find some video's of him, or do u guys have any?

People overblow size way too much. I can understand if he's 5'11" 220 like Cato June, but he's going to bulk up for the NFL anyways. You think it really matters if a mammoth guard is blocking a 227 pound guy versus a 235 guy? The only thing that matters is the players strength, not mass.

Eagles signed Herremans to a 5 year extension worth $16M with a $5M signing bonus. You can always trust the current front office with the lineman. They do an absolutely fantastic job with them.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Do you think the extension is so that we can keep him entrenched at LG for the long-term, or because we plan on moving him back outside in a year or two?
              Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

• Originally posted by GaMeTiMe
                Do you think the extension is so that we can keep him entrenched at LG for the long-term, or because we plan on moving him back outside in a year or two?
                I'm pretty sure the plan is to keep him at guard for a little, but once Runyan leaves he will move out to RT. MJG will eventually take over, hopefully he will be ready, but since we have Juan Castillo as our offensive line coach, I have no doubt that he will be. Seriously, there are only a few if any who are better at bringing along young offensive linemen than Castillo, I'm glad we have him.

Comment

• I'd actually throw Justin Blalock into my list of 6 players. Justice - Herremans - Jackson - Andrews - Blalock is awesome. Maybe Joe Staley at RT.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
                    I'd actually throw Justin Blalock into my list of 6 players. Justice - Herremans - Jackson - Andrews - Blalock is awesome. Maybe Joe Staley at RT.
                    That would be one big o-line, but yet great. Imagine if we cud get a big RB. Because even though Westbrook has ran greta this year he hasn't had as much touches as he cud get with his great ypc. I'd like to see him behind that o-line in a couple years though. But knowing Reid we proly won't need a RB that would run 25-35 times a game.

Comment

• Any chance you guys lay down tomorrow to skip the Giants?

Be another way of screwing the Cowboys.

Seattle is easily more beatable. You get a better draft choice.

Comment

• How has my boy Omar Gaither been? He's been starting recently right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pit Bull #53
                          How has my boy Omar Gaither been? He's been starting recently right?
                          He has looked very good filling in for Matt McCoy on the weakside, very strong against the run, and solid in coverage. I would really like to see them have Omar battle it out with Gocong next year for the starting SLB spot.

Sig by Kramer

Comment

• Originally posted by jblaze66
                            Originally posted by Pit Bull #53
                            How has my boy Omar Gaither been? He's been starting recently right?
                            He has looked very good filling in for Matt McCoy on the weakside, very strong against the run, and solid in coverage. I would really like to see them have Omar battle it out with Gocong next year for the starting SLB spot.
                            He should get the SLB start.
                            The Eagles are set though wuth the DLine. Mike Patterson, Darwin Walker or Bunkley, Kearse, Cole or Howard who will be strting out of them

Comment

• Darwin Walker is awful. He actually showed up last game, but that was the first time since like week 4. I'd love for the Eagles to trade him for a 4th rounder or so, to a team that only sees his production with 6 sacks or whatever it is.

Next year it should be Kearse - Patterson - Bunkley - Howard but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rayburn start.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Definately agree with you there. We got to get Walker out here. It's time to get Bunkley some more reps. And, I don't think Gocong has a chance to start over Gaither. Gaither has looked really solid for us. We have yet to see anything from Gocon which is partially from the injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information