This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by twista6002 View Post
    Since 2006 he's had 5, 4 and 4 picks the last 3 years. That's pretty even distribution. Even more impressive considering the team he's on. I don't know if he'll be that great with us, but nonetheless I'm pumped to see this team on the field.
    That is pretty even, I was execting more of a 7-3-4 or something like that, but at least I wasn't totally off... He had the most picks in the year I expected. Still picks are overrated stats for Safeties. Its more of combining it with there passes defended, tackles, TFLs, sacks, hurries... The safeties can be judged just by one of those stats, but the compilation of them all, and that doesn't even show the whole picture...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
      you guys got sean jones?????? i really wanted him. good signing
      I really think the Jones and Hamlin signing for the Cowboys are eerily similar...

Both very good Safeties, not elite, but very good.

Both are capable of playing either spot, but both suited best for SS.

Both lasted longer in FA than expected due to injury concerns (Jone-knee, Hamlin-head)

Both signed to one year deals to respective teams...

Hopefully Jones can have a smiliar impact for us that Hamlin did with the Cowboys...

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
        That is pretty even, I was execting more of a 7-3-4 or something like that, but at least I wasn't totally off... He had the most picks in the year I expected. Still picks are overrated stats for Safeties. Its more of combining it with there passes defended, tackles, TFLs, sacks, hurries... The safeties can be judged just by one of those stats, but the compilation of them all, and that doesn't even show the whole picture...
        His stats will probably be much better in JJ's scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          His stats will probably be much better in JJ's scheme.
          'Tis true, however, the emphasis on INTs by twista is a bit befuddling. I was just mentioning how all those other aspects reflect, in some way, the effectiveness of the safety. And as a whole I think the stats will be better for Jones as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            'Tis true, however, the emphasis on INTs by twista is a bit befuddling. I was just mentioning how all those other aspects reflect, in some way, the effectiveness of the safety. And as a whole I think the stats will be better for Jones as well...
            I was just displaying his INT to make a point. If he's in any company with Ed Reed and OJ Otogwe, he must be doing something right. He also did this on a team with no pass rush and no real other viable players on its defense. Scheme is a bit different here but having guys like Mikell, Sheldon and Asante as well as a great pass rush will only help.

Comment

I was just displaying his INT to make a point. If he's in any company with Ed Reed and OJ Otogwe, he must be doing something right. He also did this on a team with no pass rush and no real other viable players on its defense. Scheme is a bit different here but having guys like Mikell, Sheldon and Asante as well as a great pass rush will only help.
              But if he's getting roasted in coverage most of the time that he's not picking off passes, he's really not helping much.

And to answer your comment, I'm definitely an Eagles fan. You just think that whoever doesn't agree with you is a troll. I can't help you with that.

Comment

But if he's getting roasted in coverage most of the time that he's not picking off passes, he's really not helping much.

And to answer your comment, I'm definitely an Eagles fan. You just think that whoever doesn't agree with you is a troll. I can't help you with that.
                I don't have any tape of the Browns, but I don't think he was that frequently burned. Not to say he's great in coverage, but he's doing something right if he has 14 picks in 3 years. And keep in mind he did this with no pass rush, and having Brandon McDonald and Eric Wright as his corners I know he wasn't the only guy in the Browns secondary being targeted

And disagreeing with me is fine. But to try to ridicule and hate on an Eagles fan for having differing opinions is pretty troll-esque.

Comment

I don't have any tape of the Browns, but I don't think he was that frequently burned. Not to say he's great in coverage, but he's doing something right if he has 14 picks in 3 years. And keep in mind he did this with no pass rush, and having Brandon McDonald and Eric Wright as his corners I know he wasn't the only guy in the Browns secondary being targeted
                  I never said he was frequently burned. I meant that as a hypothetical statement. He's not Roy Williams, but he's not LaRon Landry either.

Originally posted by twista
                  And disagreeing with me is fine. But to try to ridicule and hate on an Eagles fan for having differing opinions is pretty troll-esque.
                  Funny, I've disagreed with numerous Eagles fans before and never been called a troll. It's not because you have different opinions. It's because your opinions make zero sense.

Comment

Funny, I've disagreed with numerous Eagles fans before and never been called a troll. It's not because you have different opinions. It's because your opinions make zero sense.
                    I guess thinking a running back who had 1,850 yards, a 6.0 YPC and 20 touchdowns is better than a back who had 1,197 5.8 YPC and 8 TD makes no sense.

Comment

I guess thinking a running back who had 1,850 yards, a 6.0 YPC and 20 touchdowns is better than a back who had 1,197 5.8 YPC and 8 TD makes no sense.
                      Because they had the exact same amount of carries and played the exact same competition, right?

Comment

Because they had the exact same amount of carries and played the exact same competition, right?
                        Yep, they did play the same exact competition. As a matter of fact, Greene did better against Northwestern, Wisconsin, Purdue, Michigan State and Penn State than did Wells. Whose opinions make zero sense now?

Comment

Yep, they did play the same exact competition. As a matter of fact, Greene did better against Northwestern, Wisconsin, Purdue, Michigan State and Penn State than did Wells. Whose opinions make zero sense now?
                          No, they didn't play the exact same competition. Maine, Florida International, Iowa State, Pitt...ringing a bell? There are games out of conference too. Just a little FYI, in case you didn't know.

Not to mention, anyone who saw both Iowa and OSU play can tell you Iowa's OL was infinitely better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper
                            http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30123

I didn't make a single post in that thread. I didn't even know you created it. Try otra vez.
                            Why don't you tell me more about this thread I allegedly posted in?

Comment

• Mike Hart was second in the Big 10 in rushing as a junior. He was clearly a superior prospect to guys like your beloved Tony Hunt, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Wells etc...

Comment

No, they didn't play the exact same competition. Maine, Florida International, Iowa State, Pitt...ringing a bell? There are games out of conference too. Just a little FYI, in case you didn't know.

Not to mention, anyone who saw both Iowa and OSU play can tell you Iowa's OL was infinitely better.
                                Iowa's offensive line has about as many NFL prospects as Ohio State's, and even though he sucked at pass pro, Alex Boone was still a decent run blocker.
                                Last edited by twista6002; 03-07-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information