Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like him or not, Dave does run one of the better NFL websites in the business. He may be a massive homer but that's where I get most of my eagles info so I can't really complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
      Like him or not, Dave does run one of the better NFL websites in the business. He may be a massive homer but that's where I get most of my eagles info so I can't really complain.
      Does he really run it though? I mean there is a whole department that takes care of that stuff. All he does is interview guys, give updates, etc. I give more credit to the people who we don't see, as the Eagles easily have the best website.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Apparently Weaver, Maclin, McCoy, Ingram (especially), and Harris have looked real good in the minicamp so far. Its no pads or contact, but thats just what I saw on the team site.

Comment

• It should be noted that Victor Harris is playing as the second string FS and not as a CB.

Also Thigpen is playing WR not RB.

MJG, Todd Herramens and Stacy Andrews are all rehabing so the line looked like this:

LT: Peters
          LG: McGlynn
          C: Jackson
          RG: Cole
          RT: Sh. Andrews

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            It should be noted that Victor Harris is playing as the second string FS and not as a CB.
            Not surprising, considering the CB depth and the lack of FS depth.

Comment

• http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...nicamp-report/

Comment

• nooooooo, I wanted to see Mikell and Jones as the safety pair. Maybe they'll play Mikell as FS and Jones as SS.

I figured Harris would play S, he is good at hitting and covering, playing zone, but he doesn't have the speed to stick with his man, but he has great recovery speed, and reaction speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  It should be noted that Victor Harris is playing as the second string FS and not as a CB.

Also Thigpen is playing WR not RB.

MJG, Todd Herramens and Stacy Andrews are all rehabing so the line looked like this:

LT: Peters
                  LG: McGlynn
                  C: Jackson
                  RG: Cole
                  RT: Sh. Andrews
                  I think that was anticipated, I was a little surprised when I saw he was listed as a CB on the roster

It'd be tough for him to make the team strictly as a WR, but if he can show he's a valuable return man, his chances are much better.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think we could win with that OL?:)

Comment

• Abiamiri will win the LE spot;)...

I have thought that Demps would end up winning the starting job, not only is he younger, but then the team wouldn't have to move Mikell from SS to FS. Mikell will be a Pro-Bowler this year, barring injury.

I haven't found anything, besides the team site, about the minicamp until that, thanks for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      nooooooo, I wanted to see Mikell and Jones as the safety pair. Maybe they'll play Mikell as FS and Jones as SS.

I figured Harris would play S, he is good at hitting and covering, playing zone, but he doesn't have the speed to stick with his man, but he has great recovery speed, and reaction speed.
                      I personally am happier to have Demps in there, that means the team must think very highly of him instead of putting in a proven veteran, which means we'll have high level of S play for a long time.

Comment

• I'm just procrastinating from doing homework, but I got to thinking, who has less percent body fat?

Desean Jackson:

or
                        Gollum?

Comment

• Ha. DeSean is a beast, but I'll say he's got less body fat. :D

By the way, it turns out Quintin Demps got fined $7,500 for his hit on Warner. I don't know if it got mentioned. Apparently, Sean McDermott tore him a new one for the hit (no surprise)

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            nooooooo, I wanted to see Mikell and Jones as the safety pair. Maybe they'll play Mikell as FS and Jones as SS.
                            We're probably going to see quite a few three-safety sets.

Comment

• Looks like Shawn Andrews is the RT for now...

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...oved-to-tackle

Comment

• http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/...a112937935.txt

Sheldon Brown shows up to camp in a BMW...How dumb can you be? Is this really the same guy who claims he doesn't make enough money?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._contract.html

During a discussion about his contract situation, Eagles cornerback Sheldon Brown suggested other players will eventually have contract complaints.

Brown mentioned defensive end Trent Cole and defensive tackle Mike Patterson as examples. Both players signed contract extensions in 2006. Cole signed a five-year extension that runs through 2013 and received $12 million in bonus money, and Patterson signed a seven-year extension that runs through 2016 and received $9 million in bonus money.

"I love the Eagles," Cole said after one of yesterday's minicamp practices. "I like playing for the Eagles. I'm going to keep playing and let the process take its course. I signed a contract with them, and I'm happy with my contract. People don't make decisions for you. You make your own decision. When I signed my contract, I signed my contract."
                                Nice to see someone gets it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information