X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    No move for Boldin plz.

Jackson, Maclin, Curtis, Avant, Brown, Baskett FTW!

Also I am actually waiting to see what the special teams looks like. The return game should be ELECTRIC. Demps, Jackson, Maclin, Hobbs, Harris, Thigpen and maybe even Booker.

Not to mention the Eagles will unveil Joe Mays. He should KILL some people on special teams.
    He is the definition of wedgebreaker. I love Mays, and think if it wasn't for what we have at our starting LB positions already, he would be starting...

Our special teams looks good this year both in returning and covering...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Didn't the NFL just eliminate the wedge?

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
        Didn't the NFL just eliminate the wedge?
        Yes the three man wedge not 2 man.

I think they did something with the wedge breaker as well no sure.

Comment

• That sucks, I love the wedge. Probably a good idea safety-wise I guess, during football season one of my friends always tried to break the wedge, and even once tried jumping the wedge which resulted in him falling on his head.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            Yes the three man wedge not 2 man.

I think they did something with the wedge breaker as well no sure.
            I think it was changed to one less wedge breaker as well. The components are there, but you're just allowed to use less of them...

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
              That sucks, I love the wedge. Probably a good idea safety-wise I guess, during football season one of my friends always tried to break the wedge, and even once tried jumping the wedge which resulted in him falling on his head.
              It's a good idea safety-wise, but football is slowly becoming less physical. There are so many things allowed in the early years that they don't allow now. I wish they would just keep it the way it was, because eventually there will be no need for helmets and pads. (An exaggeration, of course)

Comment

• OK guys I have a few buddies who are Cowboy/ Giants fans, and I challenged them to name a glaring weakness on this team. Besides defensive leadership (Dawk leaving) they honestly could come up with nothing. Now I think we have guys who can come in and help fill that leadership void, but from your perspective, where is this team weakest, because I am having a hard time finding a weakness. Its not that I'm being overconfident, there are zero legitimate weaknesses on this team. Now we have some minor weaknesses, but nothing that will drastically affect the team this year IMO. What is everyone else's opinion on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                  OK guys I have a few buddies who are Cowboy/ Giants fans, and I challenged them to name a glaring weakness on this team. Besides defensive leadership (Dawk leaving) they honestly could come up with nothing. Now I think we have guys who can come in and help fill that leadership void, but from your perspective, where is this team weakest, because I am having a hard time finding a weakness. Its not that I'm being overconfident, there are zero legitimate weaknesses on this team. Now we have some minor weaknesses, but nothing that will drastically affect the team this year IMO. What is everyone else's opinion on this?
                  Ask D-Unit. He thinks the Eagles' safeties "suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck". His basis for Quintin Mikell sucking? Colt Brennan tore up Boise State when Mikell played there.

Comment

OK guys I have a few buddies who are Cowboy/ Giants fans, and I challenged them to name a glaring weakness on this team. Besides defensive leadership (Dawk leaving) they honestly could come up with nothing. Now I think we have guys who can come in and help fill that leadership void, but from your perspective, where is this team weakest, because I am having a hard time finding a weakness. Its not that I'm being overconfident, there are zero legitimate weaknesses on this team. Now we have some minor weaknesses, but nothing that will drastically affect the team this year IMO. What is everyone else's opinion on this?
                    Experience, or lack of experience at certain positions. I'm not expecting the rookies at the skill positions to explode, or make huge impacts, play like age vets. If they do make a impact that will be great, but I don't want to see them handed a starting role, unless they earned it.

A lot of the positions have stating caliber players, not spectacular players, game changers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Ask D-Unit. He thinks the Eagles' safeties "suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck". His basis for Quintin Mikell sucking? Colt Brennan tore up Boise State when Mikell played there.
                      Well, IIRC, D-Unit loves Brennan, but wow, wasn't that like 5 or 6 years ago, haha.

Comment

Well, IIRC, D-Unit loves Brennan, but wow, wasn't that like 5 or 6 years ago, haha.
                        Before Q had his name on the All-Pro squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                          Experience, or lack of experience at certain positions. I'm not expecting the rookies at the skill positions to explode, or make huge impacts, play like age vets. If they do make a impact that will be great, but I don't want to see them handed a starting role, unless they earned it.

A lot of the positions have stating caliber players, not spectacular players, game changers.
                          Our experience is valid, but we only have 3 or 4 guys who will be starting that are truly young (DeSean, Demps, Celek and Abiamiri[not really though]). Now there are a lot of key contributors that are young (Shady, Ingram, Maclin) but shouldn't be relied on too much unless they really show a lot. The only position we lost experience (to a young guy) at was FS, but the rest of those guys have either been around long enough, or have a year of starting experience.

Here is where I say we have above average (or higher) starters...
                          QB, RB, FB, WR (DeSean), LT, LG, C (whoever wins it), RT, RE, LE, UT, NT, MLB, SS, both CBs, and K.

Where they are average (approximately) TE, RG, SLB, WLB, WR (Curtis), and P

And we don't know for sure about Demps, but he looks very promising IMO, and if I had to bet, I'd say he ends up above average. We have no below average starters, IMO, and some of the approximate average guys can move up with good seasons. We have spectacular players in McNabb, Westy, DeSean, Peters, Shawn Andrews, Trent Cole, Bunkley, Bradley, Mikell, Sheldon, and Samuel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            Before Q had his name on the All-Pro squad.
                            He really has developed quite a bit since he got to the Eagles. He is a perfect example of what hard work and a good attitude will get you. He deserves all the accolades he gets, and then some. When I talked with him at Training Camp last year, he truly seemed like just an average guy who just so happened to be a great football player.

Comment

Our experience is valid, but we only have 3 or 4 guys who will be starting that are truly young (DeSean, Demps, Celek and Abiamiri[not really though]). Now there are a lot of key contributors that are young (Shady, Ingram, Maclin) but shouldn't be relied on too much unless they really show a lot. The only position we lost experience (to a young guy) at was FS, but the rest of those guys have either been around long enough, or have a year of starting experience.

QB, RB, FB, WR (DeSean), LT, LG, C (whoever wins it), RT, RE, LE, UT, NT, MLB, SS, both CBs, and K.

And we don't know for sure about Demps, but he looks very promising IMO, and if I had to bet, I'd say he ends up above average. We have no below average starters, IMO, and some of the approximate average guys can move up with good seasons. We have spectacular players in McNabb, Westy, DeSean, Peters, Shawn Andrews, Trent Cole, Bunkley, Bradley, Mikell, Sheldon, and Samuel.
                              I think Demps could actually play very well this year. He'll be starting on a top 5 defense in the league with no glaring holes. Therefore, he won't have to cater to one side or the other he can just make plays without worrying about a lapse in coverage or someone screwing up, since he is the safety net of the defense. I also could see him playing a lot in center field, with Mikell in the box, and especially in a 3 safety set with Jones in there as well.

As for Mikell, if your defensive coordinator says he was the MVP of the defense, and this defense was 3rd in the league, I think that says something about what he's been doing on the field.

Comment

I know you've got an Abiamiri boner, but it's pretty early to say he's an above average starter considering he hasn't been the starter for us yet. I like him a lot though and he has potential. I'd say LE for us last season was pretty average. Parker does well but wears down as the season progresses. We've got a lot of bodies at the position, but no one who has established themselves as being a good starter.

That being said I don't really consider LE a weakness because I think Abiamiri will be fine, but if he doesn't develop as expected or gets injured again, that will definitely be one of the weaker spots on our defense.

As for safety, Demps will have growing pains and make his share of mistakes since it's his first year as a starter, but that's to be expected. He has found himself in a similar situation to the one Dawan Landry was in a few seasons ago with the Ravens. He came in to a very good secondary so that made his job easier. Granted Mikell isn't quite Ed Reed, but our CB's are better than theirs were at the time.

TE I would consider somewhat weak. Celek is pretty average and although I really like Cornelius Ingram, who knows how he will turn out. Celek had a great game for us in the NFC championship, but he isn't a consistent threat from week to week. We could be much worse off at TE, but we could also use a better player at the position. I'm hoping Ingram can be that guy, I'm a big fan of his.

WLB I'd also consider a weakness because Akeem Jordan isn't much of a playmaker. He did make some nice plays behind the line of scrimmage, but the WLB position in our defense calls for a guy who can get sacks, interceptions, and pass deflections. Now if Gaither could become more consistent we would have something. He would have some monster games followed by some very quiet ones. However, I see Akeem Jordan holding on to the starting spot, so we'll see how he does this season.

So while they aren't glaring weaknesses, there is certainly a lot of room for improvement at TE and WLB. But this is probably the strongest the Eagles have looked on paper in a very long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information