Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I look at the Michael Vick signing as getting rid of AJ Feeley and having some really good QB depth. I have no idea how they're going to use him, but if I think about it enough I would go crazy with all the formations, etc.

Jeremy Maclin wasnt that impressive in the return game. I expected a little bit more than the muffed punt return and average kick returns. He did do well catching, but I think he is going to be featured more returning this year and he will need to get better at that.

Our oline needs Todd Herremans and Shawn Andrews back, and I wont judge them until we at least have Todd back. I think our starting oline without Shawn would be from left to right: Peters, either Max or Stacy, Jackson, either Max or Stacy, and Todd.

Comment

• what do you guys think of Vick? I'm intrigued.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

• EATW, I just wanted Demps to show a little bit more out there, and I probably was a bit generous with the word stud.

And as for Vick, he looks MUCH bigger and he has obviously lifted a lot of weights. And on the Eagles website there are pictures of him practicing, two of which show Vick lined up wide, catching a ball from McNabb and the rest are him throwing the ball. Trickery!

Could you imagine Vick lined up wide, the Eagles run what looks like a screen play to him, he gets the ball the defense runs towards him and he makes a deep throw to DeSean? Wow, I can't wait.

Also the Eagles cut Byron Parker to make room for Vick.

And in news that I absolutely love, the Eagles cleared Abiamiri, Laws and Westbrook for practice. Yes, hopefully Abiamiri can do better than Parker and show that he deserves the starting job he got.

Comment

• When is Shawn gonna come back?

I think we should consider trading him if he keeps up his injury prone ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
            When is Shawn gonna come back?

No, I am not a huge Shawn Andrews fan but when he is healthy he is one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. Granted, he hardly ever is healthy but still... Great talent when he is healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              No, I am not a huge Shawn Andrews fan but when he is healthy he is one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. Granted, he hardly ever is healthy but still... Great talent when he is healthy.
              I agree that he has great talent, but its never used because he is always injured. Even right now, he cant seem to stay healthy. If he cant get through this season, I hope we get something of value before he has no value. Its not like we dont have good depth at our oline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                EATW, I just wanted Demps to show a little bit more out there, and I probably was a bit generous with the word stud.

And as for Vick, he looks MUCH bigger and he has obviously lifted a lot of weights. And on the Eagles website there are pictures of him practicing, two of which show Vick lined up wide, catching a ball from McNabb and the rest are him throwing the ball. Trickery!

Could you imagine Vick lined up wide, the Eagles run what looks like a screen play to him, he gets the ball the defense runs towards him and he makes a deep throw to DeSean? Wow, I can't wait.

Also the Eagles cut Byron Parker to make room for Vick.

And in news that I absolutely love, the Eagles cleared Abiamiri, Laws and Westbrook for practice. Yes, hopefully Abiamiri can do better than Parker and show that he deserves the starting job he got.
                Keep in mind Demps' style and the team we were up against. We were up against a team known for the prolific passing attack, which put him in coverage a lot. Now we don't have the camera angles to confirm it, but throughout those pass plays, which made up a good amount of NewEngland's offense, we didn't hear at all from Demps. That is a good thing, meaning he had taken care of his responsibility in coverage. He also came up and made that tackle on Randy Moss, who was far away from his responsibility, but he came up and made the play anyway due to his range. He also was up in the action on the run plays. If there would have been a missed tackle by one of our front 7 guys, Demps was in position to make a play afterwards, but since there were very few missed tackles, we didn't see him make many, if any tackles, in the run game. But he was there, which is important, and from what I've seen of him at TC, he can and will make those plays. Don't worry about the lax use of "Stud", its just something I wanted to point out...

I am real excited about Vick's role(s) in the offense. I truly can't wait. He really can be used almost anywhere due to his versatility. I don't want to get too excited yet, I want to see him on the field. I'm not surprised about Parker being let go, he wasn't having the best camp in comparison to our other DBs.

Getting those guys back is big. I really wish we could at least have gotten Laws and Abiamiri back before TC was over, but I believe Abiamiri will be great, and Laws showed a lot last year. Two more guys I can't wait to watch play.

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                When is Shawn gonna come back?

No, we shouldn't trade Shawn, and we most likely wouldn't anyway. He is one of the most dominating O-Linemen in the league when he is playing. He missed a lot of time last year and is missing time now, so his injury situation is getting over-analyzed. If he would miss a lot of time this season, it woudl realkly bother me, but with the team bringing in Stacey, that should symbolize that these two will be playing together in the near future for the team.

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                I agree that he has great talent, but its never used because he is always injured. Even right now, he cant seem to stay healthy. If he cant get through this season, I hope we get something of value before he has no value. Its not like we dont have good depth at our oline.
                See above...
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                  I look at the Michael Vick signing as getting rid of AJ Feeley and having some really good QB depth. I have no idea how they're going to use him, but if I think about it enough I would go crazy with all the formations, etc.

Jeremy Maclin wasnt that impressive in the return game. I expected a little bit more than the muffed punt return and average kick returns. He did do well catching, but I think he is going to be featured more returning this year and he will need to get better at that.

Our oline needs Todd Herremans and Shawn Andrews back, and I wont judge them until we at least have Todd back. I think our starting oline without Shawn would be from left to right: Peters, either Max or Stacy, Jackson, either Max or Stacy, and Todd.
                  I see the team getting Vick as Feeley being the most likely one gone. I need to go through and make a roster just to see how this would shake up, because I could also see this as the team keeping less WRs than in recent years as well, or less O-linemen, or DEs. It could go a bunch of different ways.

Maclin will need to improve his return abilities a bit. He was nervous last game, so that plays a role in it, but it seemed once he calmed down, he was able to do what we expected of him. Its nothing I am all too worried about right now.

I agree we can't truly evaluate our OL when three out of 5 of our starters weren't playing. We really need to see what we have with ALL of them in there. But with the depth we have, it really is nice to know if someone goes down, we have almost as good of a player to fill in for them, if not just as good.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                    Keep in mind Demps' style and the team we were up against. We were up against a team known for the prolific passing attack, which put him in coverage a lot. Now we don't have the camera angles to confirm it, but throughout those pass plays, which made up a good amount of NewEngland's offense, we didn't hear at all from Demps. That is a good thing, meaning he had taken care of his responsibility in coverage.
                    It's he same reason why some people say Taylor Mays sucks. If the deep cover safety isn't heard from, it's good. Take it from someone who's watched Stevie Brown play the deep safety. You always see him...problem is that he's always chasing receivers.

Also, trading Shawn Andrews is an idea that's full of fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      It's he same reason why some people say Taylor Mays sucks. If the deep cover safety isn't heard from, it's good. Take it from someone who's watched Stevie Brown play the deep safety. You always see him...problem is that he's always chasing receivers.

Also, trading Shawn Andrews is an idea that's full of fail.
                      I knew it was going to be mentioned sooner or later, I didn't want to be the one to mention it though, lol. Demps' role is a little different than that of Mays though, as Demps was at the line of scrimmage a lot during TC. But against the Pats I think the team decided to keep him closer to that of the Deep Safety due to the Pats passing attack.

Comment

• I never noticed Demps aside from his tackle of Randy Moss. Now I realize he was probably in coverage but there were a few runs that were cut back to the outside since the middle was impenetrable and I never saw him make a tackle on those plays. And as to the deep coverage, where was he? On two deep throws to Randy Moss he was not there, when they targeted Asante on Moss, Mikell was in deep coverage and was the closest safety to the play and on the Sheldon Brown interception Brown was in one on one coverage with no over the top help.

I just want to see more, that is all and I hope that I can against Indianapolis and Jacksonville in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

• Also, I really like the fact that he is going through QB school right now. Every practice he stays after and works with the coaches, but what I like more is the receiver staying out there with him... None other than Jeremy Maclin. Jeremy has stayed out and worked with him the past two days and I think that is good for both players. This will be really good for Vick IMO because he was never a true QB and the Eagles are telling him not to run, instead they're focusing on footwork and timing, some coaching he never really got in Atlanta.

Also the extra work for Maclin is extremely helpful IMO because while Maclin certainly showed he has the skills, he looks like he needs a bit more polish on offense because all of the plays that he made on Thursday were obviously focused on him, a screen pass, a fly route and something else that is slipping my memory, nothing that he didn't do in college.

Also Maclin and Jackson seem to be developing quite the rapport with Vick. I read that he completed at least three 45+ yard passes to Maclin yesterday and he completed a long bomb to DeSean Jackson. Maclin is staying after practice and DeSean Jackson spent a bunch of time talking to him today and later said this:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/
                          "It's a blessing to be on the same offense. We've got a lot of firepower. It's crazy."

Jackson said Vick still has that natural ability that once made him one of the premier quarterbacks in the game. He especially likes the way he delivers the football.

"There's just something about that left-hand release. It's just like he flicks it," Jackson said. "He's got a real nice touch on his ball."

The signing looks better and better every day IMO.

Comment

• Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-plaxico-too/

As it turns out, Mike Vick wasn't the only NFL wayward soul whom Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb (supposedly) wanted to bring to Philly.

McNabb also said during a Monday press conference that he has suggested pursuing receiver Plaxico Burress.

"I don't think it would hurt," McNabb said.

Burress currently is a free agent, but he reportedly will face a stiff suspension if/when a team signs him.

The bigger problem is that Burress has been indicted on felony weapons charges, and that he still might go to trial on those charges before the end of the 2009 football season.
                              Maybe we can sign O.J to be our running back, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-plaxico-too/

Maybe we can sign O.J to be our running back, too.
                                Well I think it is pretty obvious that neither parties woudl want this at this point, thank god.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information