Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope you guys don't sign Runyan back. Runyan owned Tuck last year.

Comment

• Justice us the rt and Todd herramens is undoubtedtly the backup

Comment

• Justice at RT?

Sweeeeet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Justice at RT?

Sweeeeet.
          I thought he looked good against Carolina. It's his natural position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            I thought he looked good against Carolina. It's his natural position.
            I was always a fan of his. I was fuming when we passed on him in the draft for Kiwi.

But I just don't think he can handle Tuck 1 on 1 the way Runyan did. I thought Andrews had a chance bc he's so big he can outmuscle Tuck the way Runyan did.

But Tuck should have his way with Justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              I was always a fan of his. I was fuming when we passed on him in the draft for Kiwi.

But I just don't think he can handle Tuck 1 on 1 the way Runyan did. I thought Andrews had a chance bc he's so big he can outmuscle Tuck the way Runyan did.

But Tuck should have his way with Justice.
              I suppose we'll see. I fully expected Tuck, with his absurd size/speed/quickness combo, to handle Runyan, and he didn't. So, I don't know what to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                I suppose we'll see. I fully expected Tuck, with his absurd size/speed/quickness combo, to handle Runyan, and he didn't. So, I don't know what to expect.
                Tuck for all his ogreness, doesn't play with the leverage that Stray did. Runyan was just stronger, yet quick enough to handle Tuck's speed. Tuck isn't a burner, but he's typicall either too strong for smaller OTs, or too quick for bigger ones.

Runyan was one of the few RTs in the game who had a great combo to match him.

To be fair to Tuck though, I noticed while at the playoff game (i was there at the stadium) that the Eagles tripled Tuck on every play. With Osi back and our improved depth, he should see more 1 on 1 matchups this year.

To clarify the triple team, it was either RG + RT + chipping back, or RT + TE + chipping back, or RT + chip from TE + back in the block.

Comment

• http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...line-westbrook

Eagles decline Westbrook's option, thus ending his contract in 2010.

Comment

• Interesting move to say the leasst. Wondering why it is released now, if this is indeed true. But it shows the confidence they have in Shady...

I was expecting the contract to be cut short, but to have it only two years, and hearing about that in one year is certainly strange...
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• All is well, for we shall draft Brandon Minor and own the world!

Comment

• If only Shawn Andrews was put on the trade block before this training camp. I dont see him coming back to play football ever again, or atleast on the level he was capable of playing.

And I dont understand the whole Westbrook thing. Pay the man his money and keep him in an Eagles uniform for a couple more seasons.

Comment

• Andrews had no legitimate value for any team to trade for him and for the Eagles to recoup on his potential. Coming off back surgery, no team was going to risk a big pick for that salary.

It is certainly likely that Andrews doesn't come back to that level ever again, but he's also still pretty young and has a lot of skills. He could have value, but I would prefer if the Eagles restructured his contract to make him earn back his money...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• As for Westbrook, the guy can be explosive, but he's now 30 and really isn't good to play in 16 games every year. For the money he's making, it's hard to guarantee that much more. Even though he's a FA after next season, the team can still pay him money and keep him if they want...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Good move by the Eagles. Westbrook is old and so banged up. He's not worth that kind of money. I may be in the minority, but I don't think he'll give you the same effect the he has in the past. I'm not talking about his production... that's a given. I'm talking about that explosiveness to get you 15-20 yards when it should be only 3-5. I don't see him being a big play threat too often anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Good move by the Eagles. Westbrook is old and so banged up. He's not worth that kind of money. I may be in the minority, but I don't think he'll give you the same effect the he has in the past. I'm not talking about his production... that's a given. I'm talking about that explosiveness to get you 15-20 yards when it should be only 3-5. I don't see him being a big play threat too often anymore.
                                The truth hurts.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information