Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very possible that next season is Trotter's last as an Eagle. He signed a 4 year deal, but he lost a step this season. It is well known that Trot has degenerative arthritis in his knees. He was basically born with it, and the crush of his weight, playing, and the knee injuries have worsened the condition. I think doctors put 32 as the latest he could play in the league. I think Trot is 29 now. Eagles need a replacement for him in the pipeline now.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• BBD....the main reason the Eagles are so bad against the run is because of the pitiful DTs and the LBs don't help much either. Walker is absolutely awful against the run. Patterson isn't as good as one would believe. The only DTs that can play the run, Bunkley and Rayburn, never touch the field because of poor coaching decisions.

Bsaza, he signed a 5 year deal. We went over this, remember?

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
        BBD....the main reason the Eagles are so bad against the run is because of the pitiful DTs and the LBs don't help much either. Walker is absolutely awful against the run. Patterson isn't as good as one would believe. The only DTs that can play the run, Bunkley and Rayburn, never touch the field because of poor coaching decisions.

Bsaza, he signed a 5 year deal. We went over this, remember?
        Typo. I meant 5. Either way, his knees aren't going to hold up over the length of the contract.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I love the guy...but he's as close to done as possible.

Also, please, no one suggest HB Blades as the next MLB. I don't want another MLB that is absolutely worthless in coverage, especially one that's slow.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• To be fair, Dillen, I only proposed Blades as a downhill type player that would be a better fit for the Eagles than Poz. That's it.

Comment

• I was just talking in general, I never saw that post you're talking about. I definitely agree with what you said.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• btw, scott has us taking drew stanton in the second round of his mock.

Comment

• Yeah, we haven't talked about that yet...

Comment

• I'm not huge on McNabb like most here, but I still don't like the pick at all. Stanton is way too inconsistent. You don't take 4-5 year backups in the 2nd round, especially when he's a backup to one of the best players at his position, and they already have a good backup like Feeley.

More info on Andre Waters' death

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• I don't think Stanton is a second rounder. I like him as a pro prospect, from a physical standpoint, but not for the Eagles in any round. I don't think he has that winning edge that the Eagles look for in their QB's. He played against Big 10 competition and generally struggled against slower competition. His mobility is minimal, and he will zero in on targets, making him an INT machine. I also don't like his deep ball.

I would much prefer Jordan Palmer as a 3rd rounder because he has better overall tools and has the pedigree of his brother (Carson Palmer).

Comment

• I actually love Stanton, I really don't know why but I really like the way he plays. I watched alot of UM games and he played very good IMO, the leadership everything.
                        But a QB isn't the right move for us. McNabb might seem to be an injury prone QB, but alot of the injuries were fluke, which noone can do anything about..

And after wathing tape on Michael Griffin, I really liked him. He is an amazing special teams guy, great hitter, pretty good tackler, but could work on technique, and good cover guy. I'd want him with our 1st pick.

Comment

• Stanton.... or any other QB

I really dont think that the eagles will go with a QB in the 2nd round.... If Andy follows what he has done in the past then they may take one in the later rounds who has potential and try to groom him over the years. I especially dont think the eagles will take a QB in the 2nd round this year because that will add fuel to the fire that they may think that Donovan is all he's cracked up to be, and they need a better secondary option. And you know how the fans will take that and how andy likes to protect his players. I just dont see that happening especially so early in the draft

Comment

• Griffin

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan
                            And after wathing tape on Michael Griffin, I really liked him. He is an amazing special teams guy, great hitter, pretty good tackler, but could work on technique, and good cover guy. I'd want him with our 1st pick.
                            Couldnt agree more with you As of right now Griffin is definitely the guy i want in the 1st round, we'll see how he does at the combine..... I like Patrick Willis if he is there but I dont think that they could go wrong with Griffin

Comment

• Griffin will probably be the best defensive player on the board at #26 so I'd have no problem taking him.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
                                Griffin will probably be the best defensive player on the board at #26 so I'd have no problem taking him.
                                Agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information