• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Laundry falls we gotta take him.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
      If Laundry falls we gotta take him.
      Why?

Where would he play? We're set at safety. We have 3 guys that could all potentially start, and Carter wasn't too shabby filling in for Troy P. last season. If you feel the need to take a safety, at least take one capable of moving to Corner.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Yeah, I don't think we would take Landry.

Plus, with Smith resigned, no Carriker. Hampton and Smith give us a NT and UT for the Cover 2. We need DEs for the cover 2, which usually fits guys like Jarvis Moss, Quentin Moses, Anthony Spencer, etc. With Porter out especially, an OLB is a need and a rush backer that can play DE in Cover 2 would be PERFECT.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post

Plus, with Smith resigned, no Carriker. Hampton and Smith give us a NT and UT for the Cover 2. We need DEs for the cover 2, which usually fits guys like Jarvis Moss, Quentin Moses, Anthony Spencer, etc. With Porter out especially, an OLB is a need and a rush backer that can play DE in Cover 2 would be PERFECT.
          Antwan Peek in UFA

Charles Johnson/Anthony Spencer in the draft. We'll be set.

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post

I don't like Moss or Moses... Moses showed up unathletic and overweight.. Moss put in average times for a speed rusher and wasn't as fluid as people though. He also posted to worst reps of DE's. I think he'll be a good Speed Rusher, but thats all he brings and neither of those 2 are worth a 1st/2nd to us.

Another guy that tested really well and isnt' getting much hype.. Tim Crowder. He showed he could play OLB (Being really fluid) Posting good times/strength indications.

I wouldn't mind the duo of Spencer/Johnson and Crowder.

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
              no, we dont pass on anyone

if any of them fall to us at 15 then we wake them and figure out a way to paly them or trade them after we take em
              The point of his question was IF THEY WERE ALL THERE. You can't take them all with one pick. So...if they were ALL there at 15 (and believe me, we all know it won't happen) who do you take?

I like this question because it gives us a chance to determine what our individual priorities are. If you take Branch over the rest then we know where your priorities are and vise versa if you take Calvin over the rest. It's kinda like asking what you would do with the 1st overall pick.

Comment

I want Willis now. After locking up Smith for 4 more years DE isn't as pressing of a need as LB. Willis is very athletic, has great size and ran a great 40 time. I'd love to get him at 15. He can't play DE in a 4-3, but he can play any linebacker.

I don't think Moss or Moses are worth taking at 15. Maybe Woodley in round 2.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                  I want Willis now. After locking up Smith for 4 more years DE isn't as pressing of a need as LB. Willis is very athletic, has great size and ran a great 40 time. I'd love to get him at 15. He can't play DE in a 4-3, but he can play any linebacker.

I don't think Moss or Moses are worth taking at 15. Maybe Woodley in round 2.
                  Woodley is falling. Some predict Day 2. I don't like Willis, I don't think he's as good of a tackler as some thing. I'd prefer Rory Johnson over him in rd 3. I think since we're sticking to a 3-4, I'd rather get good Ol David Harris.

Comment

so the question is...

who do we take at 15?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

so the question is...

who do we take at 15?
                      Everything the Jets or Denver will give us for it.

With Denver getting a CB, don't rule out they may trade up for good Ol Marshawn Lynch.

I could still see us trading down with GB for a 4th, then trading down again.

Frankly I wouldn't mind doing a ton of things.

our first for NYJ's 2-2nds and a 4th.
                      Our first for a future 1st and a 2nd/3rd.

you know the usual.

At 15... Adams, Branch, or BPA.

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of Timmons, Okoye, or Willis.

Comment

given adams and brach are gone and we dont/cant trade down...

what do we do?

do we reach for moss / spencer? (2 guys i do not like personally in the first)

do we go offensive and grab jarrett? bowe?

if levi is there do we grab him??

Comment

given adams and brach are gone and we dont/cant trade down...

what do we do?

do we reach for moss / spencer? (2 guys i do not like personally in the first)

do we go offensive and grab jarrett? bowe?

if levi is there do we grab him??
                          Personally. I may strike a nerve here. but..

If Adams/Branch are gone. And Being I don't want Carriker/Okoye/Willis.

Levi Brown, Ted Ginn, or BPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                            Personally. I may strike a nerve here. but..

If Adams/Branch are gone. And Being I don't want Carriker/Okoye/Willis.

Levi Brown, Ted Ginn, or BPA.
                            BPA i agree but i think jarrett is a beter fit for us right now than holmes is

ginn and holmes are very similiar type players

Comment

BPA i agree but i think jarrett is a beter fit for us right now than holmes is

ginn and holmes are very similiar type players
                              Granted, but I dont' trust Jarrett, it's not the Mike Williams theory.

But he just seems to reek of Lendale White Syndrome.

Ginn and Holmes are Similar players. You can add a big possession WR Next year or later in the draft (There's tons these next 2 years).

However, with Ginn, you get a monstrous Gunner, with great Special Teams ability and gives us a solid Possession Reciever. Holmes is more of a make a play with the ball in his hands Vertical threat (As seen in Cincy in overtime) whereas Ginns a Catch me if you can big Play Reciever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                                Granted, but I dont' trust Jarrett, it's not the Mike Williams theory.

But he just seems to reek of Lendale White Syndrome.

Ginn and Holmes are Similar players. You can add a big possession WR Next year or later in the draft (There's tons these next 2 years).

However, with Ginn, you get a monstrous Gunner, with great Special Teams ability and gives us a solid Possession Reciever. Holmes is more of a make a play with the ball in his hands Vertical threat (As seen in Cincy in overtime) whereas Ginns a Catch me if you can big Play Reciever.
                                what about bowe?

i knowww you dont like him cuz of the dropsies, but hes a big physical guy who can also make plays

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information