Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
    I'd take Hood at 32... not the others.
    Let's say the board is clear and we're still at 32,....you wouldn't take Harris over an overrated O-lineman ? (With maybe the exception of Duke Robinson),.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQwDW66yCY

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
    Victor "Macho" Harris CB
    A.Q Shipley C
    Johnny Knox WR
    Zach Potter DE
    Sammie Lee Hill NT

Stop giving the Steelers Unger or Mack in the 1st round !

Comment

Originally posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
      Let's say the board is clear and we're still at 32,....you wouldn't take Harris over an overrated O-lineman ? (With maybe the exception of Duke Robinson),.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQwDW66yCY
      sittin at 32 if it were between harris, duke.. id take harris

but if hood is there too id take him over the other two..

its still too early to tell, id like to wait til after the combine to make final assesments...

hood just seems like a steeler player to me

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

I'd take Hood at 32... not the others.
        Of those 3 I'd take Fili Moala.

Harris doesn't have first round speed, or the ability to play man coverage. He also struggled a lot with pro-schemes in senior bowl week.

Evander hood is going to be a decent DT but I'm not really a fan of him in the 3-4.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

Harris doesn't have first round speed, or the ability to play man coverage. He also struggled a lot with pro-schemes in senior bowl week.

Evander hood is going to be a decent DT but I'm not really a fan of him in the 3-4.
          hood reminds me of aaron smith... not the best physical skills but he is a great technician and always gives it everything hes got

Comment

I like Fili a just bit more than Hood though i'am impressed with Hood's motor and ability to hold his gaps. I give the slight edge to Fili because of his height and wingspan. He also reminds me of Kimo with a little more explosiveness.

My only concern would be whether or not he (Fili) would be less "streaky" than he was at SC ?

As far as Harris,...i'm aware of his lack of top end speed, but the kid is a "football player" and even as a rookie would be an upgrade over William G and Townsend, and a better corner than McFadden within 2 seasons. He may struggle a bit in man coverage, but he has exceptional ball skills and we run mostly zone anyway. Think young Ronde Barber, with return skills.
            Last edited by SteelCzar76; 02-07-2009, 01:48 PM.

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
            Victor "Macho" Harris CB
            A.Q Shipley C
            Johnny Knox WR
            Zach Potter DE
            Sammie Lee Hill NT

Comment

sittin at 32 if it were between harris, duke.. id take harris

but if hood is there too id take him over the other two..

its still too early to tell, id like to wait til after the combine to make final assesments...

hood just seems like a steeler player to me
              I'm with you there man,.in terms of waiting until after the combine to issue "final grades". I just like brainstorming so to speak,..especially considering how late in the first we're selecting.(Almost as if it's a high 2nd round pick)

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
              Victor "Macho" Harris CB
              A.Q Shipley C
              Johnny Knox WR
              Zach Potter DE
              Sammie Lee Hill NT

Comment

i won't even try a mock, I don't know how you guys do it? I'm in awe of it all, I just know the players I really want to see in BlackandGold next year and they are:

Ron Brace
                Macho Harris
                Eric Wood

...each seem to have the toughness and nastiness to make it in this league, and would be able to help out immediately!
                ...The Pittsburgh Steelers represent a way of life...

Comment

I want percy, but ya that gators wr thing is kinda scary.

Comment

Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
                    I want percy, but ya that gators wr thing is kinda scary.
                    Percy isn't a WR.

He's a weapon.

Comment

Steelers are set at QB, RB, WR, S, NT, TE

Team Needs: OT, OG, OC, DE, possibly LB and CB in the later rounds.

Fenuki Tupou - Run Blocking OT. Huge guy. Could be what the Steelers need for goal line situations.

Chris Baker - NT/DE - Rotational guy, could possibly start in a couple years. Experienced in the 3-4. Insurance for Hampton, and could also give the big guy some much needed time to breathe on the bench.

Cody Brown - OLB - Harrison is 30 years old. Take a shot on Brown in round 3 if he's still around, let him sit and learn for a couple years, and could eventually be a starter opposite of Woodley.

Comment

Originally posted by HellonEarth84 View Post

Fenuki Tupou - Run Blocking OT. Huge guy. Could be what the Steelers need for goal line situations.

Chris Baker - NT/DE - Rotational guy, could possibly start in a couple years. Experienced in the 3-4. Insurance for Hampton, and could also give the big guy some much needed time to breathe on the bench.

Cody Brown - OLB - Harrison is 30 years old. Take a shot on Brown in round 3 if he's still around, let him sit and learn for a couple years, and could eventually be a starter opposite of Woodley.
                        apparently Bruce Davis is really coming along and will be harrisons replacement

Comment

Originally posted by HellonEarth84 View Post

Set at WR/NT?

Hampton is still one of the better NT's but he's aging and he's not as dominant. Chris Hoke is solid as a rotational DE/NT... But It's certainly a place to look up. I don't think Baker is a NT because he's better set as a 3-tech.

WR We may lose Nate Washington and we're only 4 deep at WR as it is.

Right now we have:

Santonio Holmes
                          Hines Ward
                          Nate Washington - Free Agent, could leave
                          Limas Sweed - Unproven
                          Martin Nance - Unproven Practice Squad.

if a guy like Harvin is at 32, I'm running the card to the podium.

Comment

Set at WR/NT?

Hampton is still one of the better NT's but he's aging and he's not as dominant. Chris Hoke is solid as a rotational DE/NT... But It's certainly a place to look up. I don't think Baker is a NT because he's better set as a 3-tech.

Right now we have:

Santonio Holmes
                            Hines Ward
                            Limas Sweed - Unproven

Out of curiosity, IF we resign Nate, do you still 'run the card to the podium' with Percy's name on it?

In either scenario, let's assume Harvin is gone, who do you turn to next?

Comment

Set at WR/NT?

Right now we have:

Santonio Holmes
                              Hines Ward
                              Limas Sweed - Unproven

I would rather have DHB at 32 over Harvin. That is JMO though.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                I would rather have DHB at 32 over Harvin. That is JMO though.
                                Why?

Holmes and Sweed are a great pair of 1/2's

I think I'd have Sweed at the 1, Holmes at the 2.

DHB is a 2 with 1 potential?

Why not get a slot receiver? DHB is not a punt returner either.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information