2009/2010 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
    It could happen if somehow the Ben thing goes down in the worst possible way and he is cut.
    I still don't think we'd pick in the top 5.

Comment

• To pick 5th this past season we would have had to go 4-12 or worse. I think we are a long way away from being that bad.

Comment

• We're really interested and impressed with QB Jevan Snead from Ole Miss.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=1571

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          I still don't think we'd pick in the top 5.
          Ok maybe your right but how many games do you think we win with Dixon or Batch at the helm?

6 maybe 8

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
            We're really interested and impressed with QB Jevan Snead from Ole Miss.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=1571

Can we get him in the 3-4 round?

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Ok maybe your right but how many games do you think we win with Dixon or Batch at the helm?

6 maybe 8
              I could see us being a wildcard team with Dixon. Not a Super Bowl winning team.

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
              Can we get him in the 3-4 round?
              There or even the 5th.

Comment

It could happen if somehow the Ben thing goes down in the worst possible way and he is cut.
                Cut? lol

Steelers released Joey Porter because they were doing him a favor letting him go to the team of choice. If they were that pissed at Ben, they'd trade him to a bottom feeder who needs a franchise QB (Raiders), who would more than willing trade the farm for (Couple 1st rounders). I doubt the Steelers waste that money on the contract he just signed as well.

Comment

• http://twitter.com/1250ESPN/status/10990512605

Comment

• I wouldn't mind that at all he could be a dominant center or guard for us.

Comment

• I'm fine with that pick, even at 18. I think we need to focus on C, RG, CB, NT, and ILB as our biggest needs.

I really believe Pouncey or Iupati could start from day 1 and improve our run game.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• I also read that we are very high on Kareem Jackson. I'd take him in the second easily. He fits our system to a T and can even mad up on people.

Comment

6 maybe 8
                          Good question. Ben is our best player on offense, so removing him could be devastating to a team that only won 9 games last year. But if the defense is healthy and we don't drop easy interceptions and such we make the playoffs this past year.

Anyways, I'd say that if we had Dixon and Batch as our top 2 QB's this year I'd suspect you are right, but would lean towards 6-10 over 8-8 as our record.

Comment

• I'm not sure we would cut Ben. I realize sexual assault is nothing to take lightly, but notice he's being charged with sexual assault and not rape. And look at a guy like Harrison, who smacked his wife and got nothing. I think he would have to do jail time like Vick for us to cut him. It's certainly a possibility, but unlikely at this point. Now if more evidence comes out...

Anyways, I like Iupati or Pouncey as our picks, although I'd like to see us trade down a little bit and take them. Maybe somewhere into the low 20's and get an extra pick later on. If we just take them at 18 I'd be alright with that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
                              I'm not sure we would cut Ben. I realize sexual assault is nothing to take lightly, but notice he's being charged with sexual assault and not rape. And look at a guy like Harrison, who smacked his wife and got nothing. I think he would have to do jail time like Vick for us to cut him. It's certainly a possibility, but unlikely at this point. Now if more evidence comes out...

Anyways, I like Iupati or Pouncey as our picks, although I'd like to see us trade down a little bit and take them. Maybe somewhere into the low 20's and get an extra pick later on. If we just take them at 18 I'd be alright with that too.
                              I don't think you get what I mean. I meant that if the worst case scenario happens and ben goes to jail, he will be cut and then we need to draft a first round qb, not this year but in the next two years.

Mike Tirico

Comment

• Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
                                I'm not sure we would cut Ben. I realize sexual assault is nothing to take lightly, but notice he's being charged with sexual assault and not rape. And look at a guy like Harrison, who smacked his wife and got nothing. I think he would have to do jail time like Vick for us to cut him. It's certainly a possibility, but unlikely at this point. Now if more evidence comes out...

Ben isn't being charged with sexual assult. He got accused, not charged.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information