2009/2010 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
    A) steel - hope you can control your stress and live a long and healthy life
    B) yeah, BJJ, sick sig
    C) off topic but anyone have any cool draft day plans this year now that rd 1 is on a thurs night?? -- I think some buddies are comin over and we're gonna order some wings / pizza and grab a couple cases and see whose mock sucks the least...

anyone else doin anything fun?
    My friends and I used to do something similar every year for a few years in school and after. You should do a draft day drinking game. I think they have one for mel kiper and the different stuff he says. Also we each took a mock draft (or you could make your own) and for each pick, if your mock was right you handed out a couple drinks, and if it was wrong you took a couple. Pretty fun. We were pretty buzzed by the time the 1st rd ended.

Now that they changed the format to this 3 day bs, we can't really do it anymore. Plus i think that the PSU Blue White game is the same weekend, so people will be doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
      Scott has a new mock up.

Surprised to see Earl Thomas fall a bit.

Good first round pick. Really like the second one.
      Meh. I don't know about McCluster in the 2nd. I'd prefer to wait until the 3rd. He has such a small frame to be a RB in the NFL. I'd go Thomas then Walton in the 1st two rds over what Scott had.

Comment

• Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
        Meh. I don't know about McCluster in the 2nd. I'd prefer to wait until the 3rd. He has such a small frame to be a RB in the NFL. I'd go Thomas then Walton in the 1st two rds over what Scott had.
        Our coaches are suckers for position flexability. Since Pouncey can play both guard and center, they'll like him a lot more than someone who can play one position IMO. That's why they liked Stapleton so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJJ3rd View Post
          very good point and hope all will be well in the future for you.
          Love that sig man

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• Interesting tidbit on your sig, DeathbyStat:

With their first round pick in the 2011 Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers Select Jake Locker QBWashington

Expecting a 2-14 season? Or simply a gigantic man crush?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Interesting tidbit on your sig, DeathbyStat:

With their first round pick in the 2011 Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers Select Jake Locker QBWashington

Expecting a 2-14 season? Or simply a gigantic man crush?
              Sorry dude I'm just over reacting to all this ben garbage...but this would be truly the case scenario right?

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

My friends and I used to do something similar every year for a few years in school and after. You should do a draft day drinking game. I think they have one for mel kiper and the different stuff he says. Also we each took a mock draft (or you could make your own) and for each pick, if your mock was right you handed out a couple drinks, and if it was wrong you took a couple. Pretty fun. We were pretty buzzed by the time the 1st rd ended.

Now that they changed the format to this 3 day bs, we can't really do it anymore. Plus i think that the PSU Blue White game is the same weekend, so people will be doing that.
                Yeah the blue and white is the same weekend, I'll be there

A Mayock drinking game would include when he says, core special teams player and heavy legged waist bender

Mike Tirico

Comment

lol, two tubs of ice cream it is, then.

How many of them, all 4?
                  hahaha yeah i love ice cream. and umm yeah i think all 4. my one bottom one is already breaking through my gums though and there is no pain so they think that one will come out pretty easily. i use to practically rip teeth out for fun when i was younger though. I'd get $5 from the "Tooth Fairy" haha everytime i lost a tooth when i was like 9 or 10 so i'd lay in bed at night and just work on a tooth that wasn't loose at all. within 45 min to an hour i'd have that tooth out. so hopefully i'll handle it pretty well.

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                  thats terrible... you gotta parlay that into somethin good for you tho... free ice cream or better odds or something
                  Free ice cream would indeed be nice.

And btw, thank you to all who have complimented my sig. credit goes to BoneKrusher

Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• If it falls the way Scott has it.

I would take

1.Earl Thomas S Texas

2.Cam Thomas DT North Carolina

3.O-line

4. Power Back

Mike Tirico

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                      Sorry dude I'm just over reacting to all this ben garbage...but this would be truly the case scenario right?
                      Lol, yeah, if the Ben thing goes wrong, Locker would be great.

If those comparison to Steve Young have any truth to them, he'd be ideal.

Great QB, and since he can run we can forget about upgrading the O-line, lol.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

No different than Sproles spelling Tomlinson.

Comment

• Inside Pittsburgh Sports just wrote that a player to watch for the Steelers is Shawnbrey McNeal to compliment Mendenhall.

Some other points they covered...

* Highly very interested in Iupati, but many believe they'll have to move up to get him

* Steelers very interested in Earl Thomas as a CB

Visits Scheduled thus Far:

* LaGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
                          * Anthony Dixon, RB, MSU
                          * Donald Jones, WR, Youngstown State
                          * Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
                          * Mike Iupati, OL, Idaho
                          * Nolan Carroll, CB, Maryland
                          * Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
                          * Earl Thomas, S/CB, Texas
                          * Navarro Bowman, LB, Penn State
                          * Adrian Tracy, DE, William and Mary's

Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• We went to Boise State's Pro Day to watch Wilson. We are also expected to bring him in for a visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              We went to Boise State's Pro Day to watch Wilson. We are also expected to bring him in for a visit.
                              nooooooooooo

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                                Yeah the blue and white is the same weekend, I'll be there

A Mayock drinking game would include when he says, core special teams player and heavy legged waist bender
                                Yeah, last year my friend had a wedding (she's from PSU no less) the same weekend, so I missed out on everything. As of right now I'll be there for BW this year though. They need to schedule these things better so I can partake in all of them though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information