2009/2010 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    We signed P Dirk Johnson, WR Shaun McDonald, Piotr Czech, along with Ratliff. Not Lelie, but I like McDonald.

Edit: Czech and Johnson will only be competition for Reed and Sepulveda. I don't think Ratliff makes the team after our moves at cornerback, and I hope we save a spot for Madison still.
    Where'd you read this? I'm looking for it but can't find it.

Yeah, out of those guys I think that McDonald is the most likely to stick with the team after the 53-man roster.

Ah, Kevin Colbert and his knack for finding solid players in former Lions.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

The Broncos released RB Selvin Young.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Should we take a look?

I know we already have four RB's that pretty much fill up every single role our team could have, but he's a good RB and would probably come cheap. And last year we also tried to sign Kevin Jones, already having Willie, Mendenhall, Moore, and Russell on our squad.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        We signed P Dirk Johnson, WR Shaun McDonald, Piotr Czech, along with Ratliff. Not Lelie, but I like McDonald.

Edit: Czech and Johnson will only be competition for Reed and Sepulveda. I don't think Ratliff makes the team after our moves at cornerback, and I hope we save a spot for Madison still.
        Still haven't found anything on McDonald....

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

We still won't have enough to sign all the rookies, and that includes cutting/trading Foote. More big-ish signings are unlikely.
          Last edited by Strongside; 04-30-2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
            http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pitts...eiver-McDonald

It was also on the official Steelers site, but now it's gone for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
              NVM, found this on BTSC:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...haun?ref=yahoo

It says there we signed him. And it also has the video I told you guys about Mike Wallace and Keenan Lewis. The interview on ESPN2's First Take.

It also has an article where Ziggy Hood was asked if he believed that scouts where right when they said he needed more lower body strength.

Ziggy responded saying he can squat 720 freaking pounds.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

My family and I have a horse and it just gave birth to a boy, so we're naming it Ziggy :)

Comment

idk if we did sign shaun, when clicking on the link to the steeler site, the link doesnt work

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by Steelersfan4life View Post
                    My family and I have a horse and it just gave birth to a boy, so we're naming it Ziggy :)
                    Congrats and nice!

He's gonna be a strong, tough, and durable horse with a non-stop motor. :)

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

are we going to use this one now?

Matthew 19:26
                      Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Superbowl plays redone in the upcoming Madden 10.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vid...ted/index.html

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

The Steelers added five free agents today prior to the start of their annual minicamp, the team announced. The team added cornerback Keiwan Ratliff, punter Dirk Johnson, wide receivers Shaun McDonald and Jayson Foster, and kicker Piotr (peet-er) Czech.

Ratliff and McDonald I think end up staying, making the roster

Comment

I love the Mcdonald signing. He's got great speed and played well in Detroit.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                              Ratliff and McDonald I think end up staying, making the roster
                              I don't see Ratliff making it.

I see our corners as Ike, G ay, DT, Lewis, Smokin Joe, and Madison.

Comment

First day of minicamp was today. I read that Dixon threw the ball very well and could unseat Batch for the backup job. I hope we dress Dixon because we could run the wildcat or just have him run the option with Mendenhall and/or Parker. I read Mendenhall has looked very, very good. I see Parker out soon. I hope Mendenhall gets the bulk of the carries. Sweed has gotten over his wrist injuries and is catching the ball very well. Should be the number 3 IMO.

I see our recieving corps being:

1. Holmes
                                2. Hines
                                3. Sweed
                                4. McDonald
                                5. Wallace

Very solid if you ask me. McDonald will come in on third down if we need a first down.

Stefan Logan looked good returning punts. Our special teams should be improved a lot this season. I think this could be a special season for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information