No announcement yet.

2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Troy stays healthy, I still like our chances. Losing Smith hurts bad, but I believe we'll be fine. If Smith is indeed gone, McClendon to active roster, Worthington to PS. Eason and Ziggy share the reps. I've been impressed with Eason as of the last year and a half.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      FFuuuuuucckkk. there goes the season. Smith is just as important as Troy Polamalu is.

Dough Worthington, is going to signed off our PS. If he shows enough maybe we don't have to draft a 3-4 end. But NT we do need.
      Worthington isn't on our PS. Steve McClendon might get promoted, and Worthington signed to the PS. Or maybe Sunny Harris.

Read somewhere that Charles Grant might be given a call.

Also, I love the way Wallace doesn't have to stop to catch the ball. Those bombs that hit him in stride are just beautiful. And more importantly, unstoppable.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• My thoughts from the Dolphins game;

If anybody thinks that our offensive play calling was other than abysmal, give me your home address and I will come over and gouge your eyes out with an icepick. 2nd and long every set of downs. First and goal from the four, so we use mewelde moore, then a qb keeper? Wallace cannot be covered so we go to him 3 times total? I went beyond blaming Ariens, it is totally Tomlins fault for this type of disaster. We score in spite of the play calling, because of the effort of our players.

I'm not sure how to evaluate Lebeau's "bend but don't break" gameplan. Henne looked like Joe Montana because he never had pressure. The only blitz that worked was where we sent two lbs up the middle; Foote got our only sack and Harrison almost got there. where are all the creative blitz schemes from previous years?

O-line got butchered. Legursky looks to be a weak spot. May be the only time we see Pouncey run with the ball.

I understand that Legs' holding calls were valid, but I counted at least 5 phins holds that were'nt called.

Ben had some mysterious misses on wide open guys, still seems a little rusty. Of course, after watching highlights of all the superstar qbs throwing interceptions all over the place, Ben at his worst is still the best.

I guess its Ziggy Hood time. Smith is done! Eason and Hood held their own, lets hope they play lights out the rest of the season.

My man Harrison got manhandled by Jake Long. He may be the best left tackle ever, repeat EVER in the nfl.

Remember about 4-5 years ago when it was generally accepted that Hines Ward was washed up and ready for retirement? He is better right now than he ever was.

this season reminds me of 08 when we just seemed to win games we shouldn't have. better to be lucky than good.

Comment

• PittPete, you must be a Michigan fan. You give Jake Long way too much credit. He is a top 3 LT in the game today but I'm sure you are counting 3 of those 5 holding calls on Long against Harrison. Harrison got under him a ton and Long would just hook him by the neck. Aka a hold.

In the last 10 yrs alone there have been 3 better LT without question, so please let's not go there.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Post Week 7 Mock:

1) Mike Pouncey G Florida
            2) Christian Ballard DE Iowa
            3) Rashad Carmichael CB Virginia Tech
            4) Phil Taylor NT Baylor
            5) Cecil Shorts WR Mount Union
            6) Alex Henery K Nebraska
            7) Weslye Saunders TE South Carolina

Comment

• Well with Woodley out it made a considerable difference in our pass rush as well, but given that was after the 3rd quarter.

I don't know how our pass rush will be with our patchwork of a dline now.

Comment

• Woodley is fine.

Comment

• my biggest knock on worilds coming out of college was his ability to not finish a play and be the guy that almost gets there...thats exactly what he was yesterday
                  E]

Comment

• I don't see how you blame it on him. He got there in like 5 steps but Henne just got rid of the ball. How many times does Woodley 'almost' get there?? Like 8 times a game.

Pressure is just as important as a sack. And he was pressuring the hell out of Henne.

Comment

• i didnt say he was doing a bad job....he showed some good moves, i just wanted to see him rip henne up once or twice, he never even really touched him
                      E]

Comment

• He got a sack and FF on the last play of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          He got a sack and FF on the last play of the game.
                          And with that he's already got a more productive career than Alonzo Jackson.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• KTrain just mad Gibson wasn't in. Haha. We all know that is the case. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
                              my biggest knock on worilds coming out of college was his ability to not finish a play and be the guy that almost gets there...thats exactly what he was yesterday
                              probably the dumbest thing ive heard all season

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                                KTrain just mad Gibson wasn't in. Haha. We all know that is the case. ;)
                                lol theres some truth to that
                                E]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information