No announcement yet.

2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate baldwin lol, the more i watch him the more turned off i get.

i dont know why they insist on running wallace on reverses, hes just not that kind of player. sanders a decent route runner, brown is feisty and aggressive..they need to be on the field at the same time.

i thought wallace would be holmes 2.0, but hes clearly not that type of player....holmes was tough and fearless and a willing blocker...wallace is a **** it, im running deep kind of guy
    E]

Comment

• Ideally, that is perfect. Baldwin type guy and Sanders outside. Wallace and Brown inside. But I still think Sanders has the ability to be a decent #1. Pittsburgh doesn't need a true elite #1 to be a good team. Ben spreads it out too much.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Ideally, I'd wished Sweed would step up, but I think he's done in Pittsburgh.

Comment

• id love a julio jones or michael floyd to be the #1....even hines is a glorified slot WR....i mean we won a superbowl with ward, el and wilson...thats ******* terrible and they still got it done....it would b great to have a dominating #1 and have all these potential #2s and deep threat/slot guys.

its just a long time dream of mine to have a calvin/andre johnson, plax could have been that guy but **** him lol
          E]

Comment

• Floyd would be unbelieveable, but he's too damn injury prone. Greg Little would be nice as well. Leonard Hankerson is dreamy as well.

Comment

• #1's don't get enough passes to stay in Pittsburgh. Granted I don't think Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson would have a problem playing for Pittsburgh.

It is a weird situation. We don't need it to win but it would be nice.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• I hope one of our rookie WRs step up so Hines can go to his natural slot position. IMO, he could play another 2-3 seasons as a slot guy. But if we win the Super Bowl this year, he'll be gone and I'll cry.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                  Floyd would be unbelieveable, but he's too damn injury prone. Greg Little would be nice as well. Leonard Hankerson is dreamy as well.
                  i think jones would be unbelievable....i <3 him

crushing blocker and unreal athlete....ill take the inconsistencies with his hands. i like floyd too, alot...but he has the lack of quickness that makes WRs like him flop, hes got superstar potential at the same time though

id love little and hankerson too.

i just cant stand baldwin
                  E]

Comment

• Baldwin has the most bust potential, but he has so much upside that it rivals Green. When Baldwin is on, he's damn near unstopable.

Comment

• I'd love to have an elite #1, and if there's a year to get one it's this year.

But Ward would have to retire for it. Granted, it's very possible. This could be the first year in quite a while where we enter the draft with real holes, not just needs.

Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Charlie Batch, and Hines Ward could all retire this off-season.

I'm not worried about Farrior retiring, as Timmons finally became a stud and we've got Foote, Fox, and Sylvester there. Same for Batch, we've got the #2 in Leftwich and #3 in Dixon.

But if Smith and Ward retire, boy are we in trouble. This year we've got a pretty good situation with Ward in there, as he's our clear #1 and defenses still can't stop him. But as some of you have mentioned, Wallace doesn't seem to be on his way to becoming a #1. Part of it is due to the play-calling, but some of it has to be due to his ability. He can still improve a bit, but not enough to constantly command double teams, like Andre and Fitzy and Moss do, and actually beat them. Wallace, as of right now, is a one trick pony, and if you ask me, he should be that. He's virtually unstoppable as a deep threat and he should keep doing that. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But if Ward retires, then we have Wallace, Randle El, Sanders, Brown, Battle, and Sweed as our receivers. I don't expect Battle to return next year, even if he is a good special teams player. Randle El is a #3 guy now, no longer a #2. Reliable hands, but not really athletic anymore. Basically a poor man's Hines Ward when it comes to receiving. Sanders does seem like a Holmes' type of player, and Brown could be a good slot receiver as well. But we still need that #1.

And if Smith retires, then we've got NO depth anymore. Hood would become the starter, and the only depth for BOTH DE positions would be Nick Eason. Add in the fact that he'll be 31 and Keisel 32, and it's definitely a big area of need.

Fortunately for us, this upcoming draft is really rich and deep in the positions we need to address. CB, 3-4 D-line, WR, interior O-line, there are many players in those areas. I usually don't like the idea of this, but I think we should trade future picks for picks this year. Future first for a first or second this year, future second for a third this year, etc.

And regarding the WR's, I've got them 1. A.J. Green, 2.a Floyd, 2b. Baldwin, 2c. Jones. A,B,C has no order whatsoever, just have Green above them.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• id love to have a real #1 step in and ward take the slot and dominate....ward is a master of the slot routes, he plays like a mini TE.

could you imagine Wallace on the left, and Julio Jones on the right with ward in the slot? Brown and sanders would be stud rotations in and running towards jones/wards side wouldnt be fair...they get a hand on the defender and they are DONE
                        E]

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
                          i think jones would be unbelievable....i <3 him

crushing blocker and unreal athlete....ill take the inconsistencies with his hands. i like floyd too, alot...but he has the lack of quickness that makes WRs like him flop, hes got superstar potential at the same time though

id love little and hankerson too.

i just cant stand baldwin
                          That's what worries me about Jones though. I agree with you that he's a great athlete, but those dropsies are something that players usually struggle. Braylon Edwards never fixed it, and there are other similar cases.

I like Little and Hankerson too.

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          Baldwin has the most bust potential, but he has so much upside that it rivals Green. When Baldwin is on, he's damn near unstopable.
                          Right on. When he's on his game, I've seen him do unreal things. And if he had a good QB, he'd be doing those things more often than not. On his game, he's like a slower Calvin Johnson, but Johnson runs a 4.3, so it's not as if Baldwin is slow.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                            That's what worries me about Jones though. I agree with you that he's a great athlete, but those dropsies are something that players usually struggle. Braylon Edwards never fixed it, and there are other similar cases.

I like Little and Hankerson too.

Right on. When he's on his game, I've seen him do unreal things. And if he had a good QB, he'd be doing those things more often than not. On his game, he's like a slower Calvin Johnson, but Johnson runs a 4.3, so it's not as if Baldwin is slow.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVV70efL26Q

that grab gives me a boner. i really think he will be a MUCH better pro than college player

see i HATE the calvin johnson comparison that baldwin gets, thats a smack int he face to calvin who is in a class of his own. Baldwin has no quickness, good straight line speed and a huge body but he looks ******** in and out of his cuts. if he compares to any GT WR its demaryius thomas and a big deep threat with a long stride and good straight line speed. he looks like a TE playing WR and not in a good way like ward or boldin
                            E]

Comment

• I mean, Baldwin is 6'5 230 pounds, has a 40 inch vert, and runs a 4.45-4.55. He's strong, physical, and has nice hands. He's a matchup problem waiting to happen. He's just not as consistant, but he has ****** QB play.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVV70efL26Q

that grab gives me a boner. i really think he will be a MUCH better pro than college player

see i HATE the calvin johnson comparison that baldwin gets, thats a smack int he face to calvin who is in a class of his own. Baldwin has no quickness, good straight line speed and a huge body but he looks ******** in and out of his cuts. if he compares to any GT WR its demaryius thomas and a big deep threat with a long stride and good straight line speed. he looks like a TE playing WR and not in a good way like ward or boldin
                                Baldwin had a similar catch, but with two people around him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information