No announcement yet.

2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Draft/Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen, Sly, and Carter all played well IMO. KLew continues to impress me. Ike was great once again. The OL played well. Kemo needs to GTFO, though. I'd resign Starks for a few more years, keep Gilbert at RT, move Colon to RG, and draft DeCastro, Osemele, or Glenn in the draft to play LG.

Our team played great. I just hope that our LBs get healthy for next week. I want Harrison and Wood back to play the Ravens.

Comment

• gotta love our next man up attitude... someone goes down, someone fill in and pick him up

whata beatdown on beantown

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
        Allen, Sly, and Carter all played well IMO. KLew continues to impress me. Ike was great once again. The OL played well. Kemo needs to GTFO, though. I'd resign Starks for a few more years, keep Gilbert at RT, move Colon to RG, and draft DeCastro, Osemele, or Glenn in the draft to play LG.

Our team played great. I just hope that our LBs get healthy for next week. I want Harrison and Wood back to play the Ravens.
        Yeah, Wood was straight up beasting up until his injury, and not only in this game.

Good momentum for next game too.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
          Leigh Bodden was released today. I'd give him a look, even though we're apparently ok at CB now.
          I would try him out at least, Im sick of Mundy playing CB in some sub packages

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• I actually like Mundy. Is he a star? No, but he's a solid back up who has improved each year he's been here. He's a pretty damn good STer and I think he filled in quite fine when Troy was out last year.

Comment

Allen, Sly, and Carter all played well IMO. KLew continues to impress me. Ike was great once again. The OL played well. Kemo needs to GTFO, though. I'd resign Starks for a few more years, keep Gilbert at RT, move Colon to RG, and draft DeCastro, Osemele, or Glenn in the draft to play LG.

From what I've heard, Woodley will very likely play.

whats up with Harrison though?? hasn't he been out for like a month now? something with his eye?

and what about Farrior?

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post

whats up with Harrison though?? hasn't he been out for like a month now? something with his eye?

and what about Farrior?
                harrison will practice this week, prolly wont play

farrior is out

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post

and what about Farrior?
                  From what I understand, his eye has been Ok for a little bit now, but they don't want to risk an infection, so they have been keeping him out. This is one injury I'm OK with him being out from.

I think he'll be back either against Cincy or after the bye.

Comment

• God I hope Woodley and Harrison can play. I really can't wait for Timmons to get back inside.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                      God I hope Woodley and Harrison can play. I really can't wait for Timmons to get back inside.
                      Yeah Timmons is not suited for the outside. Is Worilds even rotating in with him there. I figure it would be a good opportunity to get him snaps, I know sunday he was inactive.

Comment

• Worilds would be starting if he wasn't having a gimpy hammy. Sucks because I love his potential.

Harrison will not play this week, but Wood will. Carter showed a lot to me this past week that I hope he continues to get more and more snaps. He's still raw, but man he looked nice out there.

Edit: Just read that Wood is out and could be out for a little bit. ****!!!!!!!!!
                        Last edited by Hines; 11-01-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Oh, and Emmanuel Sanders' mother passed away this morning. Keep him and his fam in your prayers.

Comment

Worilds would be starting if he wasn't having a gimpy hammy. Sucks because I love his potential.

Harrison will not play this week, but Wood will. Carter showed a lot to me this past week that I hope he continues to get more and more snaps. He's still raw, but man he looked nice out there.

Edit: Just read that Wood is out and could be out for a little bit. ****!!!!!!!!!
                            woodley is questionable, and id say most likely out.

harrison could make his return but i would say doubtful at best

worilds is ******* terrible, im glad hes hurt...i wanna see more chris carter

that being said with the current group of LBs id suggest heavy 43 looks....im saying keisel, cam, casey, hood on the line, its a lot of beef but the ravens want to run anyway. keep a rotation of timmons, carter, foote, sly at LB and keep it interesting with the secondary, maybe more troy/mundy/clark looks keeping troy playing a LB role.

im shocked how bad timmons has been outside, or maybe not bad but not productive on the stat sheet. injuries might be a great thing for the steelers though, the defense with farrior, foote, smith, and casey looked old and slow but when you put mclendon, hood, cam, timmons, sly, woodley, and allen on the field even clark, keisel, and foote look young and hungry and fast out there.
                            E]

Comment

• also, im loving what marcus gilbert is doing. 3 gators on the line separated by a bum each but starks, pouncey and gilbert are killin it

love that he starts over scott, and even though he cant seem to not get banged up he always seems to come back and scott isnt even THAT terrible in his absence
                              E]

Comment

• I did read that the Steelers could go heavy 4-3 sets, and I like it. I could also see Troy playing in the box quite a bit and having Mundy playing deep. Chris Carter is good and showed me a lot Sunday, but he's still not ready and it sucks.
                                Cortez Allen is a gamer and I'm excited to continue to see him grow under Lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information