No announcement yet.

2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Draft/Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players that you would punch a hole in the wall if we draft?

I can't really think of any off the top of head......

I guess Jimmy Smith if his off the field stuff is true. And Clayborn as his medical scares the hell out of me.

Also Baldwin would be a luxury pick we can't afford

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• Nate Solder.

Comment

• Would you guys be opposed with this draft?

1. Derek Sherrod, OT, Miss St
        Unlike Solder, Sherrod has the strength and diversity to start out on the right side and eventually move over to the left. A little raw, but the potential is there.

2. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
        Once the second or third CB on the board, a senior season marred by injury have really dropped his stock. He showed at the combine that he's healthy. When you go back and look at his junior tape, its amazing that he's not a first round lock.

3. Chris Conte, FS, California
        One year wonder? Maybe, but he has the athleticism, protypical size and speed to really help out in the secondary. It'd actually be nice to draft a free safety with some sort of coverage ability. He's a very willing tackler and has youth on his side.

4. John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin
        Moffitt would be the perfect compliment to Pouncey on the inside, the type of pulling guard that our scheme can use. Would be a value pick here that fits a HUGE need.

5. Julius Thomas, TE, Portland St
        Kind of a sleeper pick before the combine. This type of TE set would provide a matchup problem for any defense. Solid blocker and great pass catcher. This is not another Matt Spaeth.

6. David Carter, DE, UCLA
        Prototypical LDE for our scheme. Shows the athleticism to latch on to blockers and create gaps. Would be a bit of a project, but so was Keisel and Harrison.

7. Blaine Sumner, NT, Colorado School of Mines
        Sleeper, but this late in the draft I don't believe I'd let him test the UDFA road. He seems more of a weight-lifter than a football player right now. Another project, but his strength alone should warrant being drafted.

I just completed an exhausting 7 round mock, and that's where I ended up at.
        Last edited by ellsy82; 04-02-2011, 09:37 PM.
        "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
          Nate Solder.
          Yeah i think he is one of the guys most likely to bust

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• Originally posted by ellsy82 View Post
            Would you guys be opposed with this draft?

1. Derek Sherrod, OT, Miss St
            Unlike Solder, Sherrod has the strength and diversity to start out on the right side and eventually move over to the left. A little raw, but the potential is there.

2. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
            Once the second or third CB on the board, a senior season marred by injury have really dropped his stock. He showed at the combine that he's healthy. When you go back and look at his junior tape, its amazing that he's not a first round lock.

3. Chris Conte, FS, California
            One year wonder? Maybe, but he has the athleticism, protypical size and speed to really help out in the secondary. It'd actually be nice to draft a free safety with some sort of coverage ability. He's a very willing tackler and has youth on his side.

4. John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin
            Moffitt would be the perfect compliment to Pouncey on the inside, the type of pulling guard that our scheme can use. Would be a value pick here that fits a HUGE need.

5. Julius Thomas, TE, Portland St
            Kind of a sleeper pick before the combine. This type of TE set would provide a matchup problem for any defense. Solid blocker and great pass catcher. This is not another Matt Spaeth.

6. David Carter, DE, UCLA
            Prototypical LDE for our scheme. Shows the athleticism to latch on to blockers and create gaps. Would be a bit of a project, but so was Keisel and Harrison.

7. Blaine Sumner, NT, Colorado School of Mines
            Sleeper, but this late in the draft I don't believe I'd let him test the UDFA road. He seems more of a weight-lifter than a football player right now. Another project, but his strength alone should warrant being drafted.

I just completed an exhausting 7 round mock, and that's where I ended up at.
            Haven't watched enough of Sherrod can't really trash the pick

I want to like Dowling but he just can't stay healthy if he falls to the 3rd or fourth i would give him a shot

Colorado School of Mines, thats a new one

Mike Tirico

Comment

• Too be honest...I've never heard of the place either, but the dude benched 49 at 225 and that's something. You could spend a second rounder of Paea and get more production early, or draft this guy and teach him a thing or two. We do have time. Hampton might be slowing down, but he's not done. We've been in the top 3 of NFL defenses the last 5 years. I guess we'll see how the draft works out. Here's his link on nfldraftscout.com:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DT
              "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

• Ras-i dowling visits today....so happy. PEttis and a few others as well
                E]

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
                  Ras-i dowling visits today....so happy. PEttis and a few others as well
                  I want to like Dowling but dude can't stay healthy, Love pettis, the kinda of WR we need to replace Hines

How about this mock?

1.Aaron Williams CB Texas

2.Marcus Cannon G TCU

3.Marcus Gilbert OT Florida

4.Taiwan Jones RB Eastern Washington

5.Cortez Allen CB The Citadel

6.Mario Addison LB Marshall

7.Frank Kearse DT Alabama A&M

Mike Tirico

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                    I want to like Dowling but dude can't stay healthy, Love pettis, the kinda of WR we need to replace Hines

How about this mock?

1.Aaron Williams CB Texas

2.Marcus Cannon G TCU

3.Marcus Gilbert OT Florida

4.Taiwan Jones RB Eastern Washington

5.Cortez Allen CB The Citadel

6.Mario Addison LB Marshall

7.Frank Kearse DT Alabama A&M

I would be fine with this!

Comment

• i dont think one year of injury is enough to label him injury prone...he plays tough through injuries and 2 years in a pro s&c program he will beef up his lower body, timmons was injury prone until he got bigger and more durable, i think that might be what dowling needs
                      E]

Comment

• Some interesting prospects.....

Kevin Hughes OT SE Louisiana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDRDdBFOOw

Byron Bell OT New Mexico State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYd8mzD5qnE

Nasty~!

I think he is a guard

Mike Tirico

Comment

• Phil Taylor is visiting today. I don't think Hughes would fit our scheme IIRC.

Comment

• I made three mock drafts today, which includes one trade down mock.

Mock one:

1) Cameron Heyward De Ohio State
                            2) James Carpenter OT/OG Alabama
                            3) Curtis Marsh CB Utah State
                            4) Austin Pettis WR Boise State
                            5) Da'Rel Scott RB Maryland
                            6) Mario Harvey LB Marshall
                            7) Frank Kearse NT Alabama A&M

Mock Two:

1) Aaron Williams CB Texas
                            2) Kenrick Ellis NT/DE Hampton
                            3) Greg Little WR UNC
                            4) Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
                            6) Alex Henery K Nebraska
                            7) Mario Harvey LB Marshall

Mock Three:

Trade down from 31 to early second and get a fourth rounder

2a) Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
                            2b) Sam Acho OLB Texas
                            3) Will Rackley G Leigh
                            4a) Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
                            4b) Austin Pettis WR Boise State

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                              I made three mock drafts today, which includes one trade down mock.

Mock Three:

Trade down from 31 to early second and get a fourth rounder

2a) Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
                              2b) Sam Acho OLB Texas
                              3) Will Rackley G Leigh
                              4a) Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
                              4b) Austin Pettis WR Boise State
                              I think a trade down would be idea, but not probable. I mean, when has Colbert traded up or down in the first round while Tomlin has been there? I'd like it this way.

2a) Ras-I Dowling, CB
                              2b) Marcus Cannon, OT/OG
                              3) John Moffit, OG
                              4a) Roc Carmichael, CB
                              4b) Deunta Williams, FS
                              5) Alex Hener, K - I think he'll go before the six round
                              6) Charlie Gantt, TE
                              7) Frank Kearse, NT

Comment

• Originally posted by ellsy82 View Post
                                I think a trade down would be idea, but not probable. I mean, when has Colbert traded up or down in the first round while Tomlin has been there? I'd like it this way.

2a) Ras-I Dowling, CB
                                2b) Marcus Cannon, OT/OG
                                3) John Moffit, OG
                                4a) Roc Carmichael, CB
                                4b) Deunta Williams, FS
                                5) Alex Hener, K - I think he'll go before the six round
                                6) Charlie Gantt, TE
                                7) Frank Kearse, NT
                                I like Roc, but the dude does not tackle nor is he explosive. I'd pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information