No announcement yet.

Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is an uphill battle for us. Everyone thinks every above average player we get is overrated(Ward, Ben, Troy, Porter) They might be but every one just comes at us about it(I hate to sound like a b**tch. Eli is very overrated until he succeeds in the playoffs were his brother has failed. He is an above average QB...maybe massively above average, but if his name wasn't manning he may not have gone number one(what GM could live down passing up a manning.) He will never be at the level of his brother.(he is inaccurate and is gets rattled by the rush even more than Peyton this leads to many throws off his back foot and he also backs up when being rushed instead of stepping up.) River has looked absolutely sick, I really think he is the best of the bunch. As far a Ben, he is an above average QB, when healthy he is top ten or top 15 in the league (maybe top 5 but thatÂ’s stretching it) but when he isn't completely healthy can be the worst and I mean worst QB in the league. However he is more than a game manager. Plus I don't know why that title is such an insult QBs attempt to learn a feel for the game so they can manage it and not look for a big play on every play and just take what the defense gives you. The other factor to consider is that its only Ben's and the rest of these QBs third year in the league they could be much worse or much better down the road its hard to tell.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Rivers has only played 9 games in the league. Wait until he has a couple of years under his belt before we see how good he is.

Just think if everyone judged Ben off of his first 9 games. Thats right a perfect 9-0 record as a rookie with wins over two underfeated teams that both eventually went on to the superbowl.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Big games to watch this weekend

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets
        New York Giants @ Jacksonville Jaguars
        Cincinatti Bengals @ New Orleans Saints
        Atlata Falcons @ Baltimore Ravens

We need the Bears, Giants and Saints to get wins to help us out in the wildard scenarion. Atlanta @ Baltimore is obvious. If Baltimore wins this week the division will be all but impossbile to win.

Plus its Cleveland week. Always a big game.

Comment

Steelers | Polamalu cleared to play Week 11
          Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:51:29 -0800
          Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers SS Troy Polamalu (concussion) has been medically cleared to play Week 11 and will start in the game.

All good injury news today. Every Steeler was upgraded to probably other than Willie Reid who is out.

Comment

A ratings success

Fox's decision to move the starting time of the Steelers-Saints game to 4:15 p.m. proved to be beneficial: The game had more viewers than the marquee matchup Sunday night between the New York Giants and Chicago Bears on NBC and ranked as the third most-watched program for the week. The Steelers' game, which was switched because of the NFL's new "flex scheduling" with the networks, had 21.8 million viewers. The only programs with more viewers last week were ABC's "Desperate Housewives" (22.3 million) and "Dancing With The Stars" (22 million).

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
              A ratings success

Fox's decision to move the starting time of the Steelers-Saints game to 4:15 p.m. proved to be beneficial: The game had more viewers than the marquee matchup Sunday night between the New York Giants and Chicago Bears on NBC and ranked as the third most-watched program for the week. The Steelers' game, which was switched because of the NFL's new "flex scheduling" with the networks, had 21.8 million viewers. The only programs with more viewers last week were ABC's "Desperate Housewives" (22.3 million) and "Dancing With The Stars" (22 million).
              I'm excited for us to jump to only 1 game behind.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

In the early going we've got some no-name chump running straight up the gut on us!

Comment

Can we please fu#king cover Edwards!!!

Comment

What a win. BEn dominated the second half and won us the game. Polammalu made huge plays on defense to end their drive with 4 minutes left.

Game started out bad but they turned it around and made a win out of it. Exciting win.

Comment

i wanted a big time LBer in the 1st round of the draft but after watching this game we have to get protection for Ben, so i hope we get the best ol in the 1st and take an ol in 3 of the 1st 4 picks(with us taking Brian Leonard in the 2nd or 3rd). we have a great,great future hall of fame QB and he is getting hit so much and he is taking way to many hard hits. just because he is tough and dont give up and is like the energizer bunny and keeps and going and going and going dont mean we should let it keep happening and it is also going to shorten his career. we have our QB so we need to take care of him.

Matthew 19:26
                      Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

I have wanted OT and LB in the frist two rounds for awhile now.

Najeh looked very good returning kicks and he had a couple of catches today. I think he is solidifing his role on the team to the point he'll be signed back this offseason.

Comment

I think that Ben needs to scramble around in the pocket more, because you can really see the difference in his play when he moves around when things start to break down. At the beginning of the year he seemed to try to stay in the pocket to avoid getting hit because of his injuries, and we couldnt do anything. Now when he scrambles, our recievers have time to get open and make some plays.

As for getting an O-lineman in the 1st, Im guessing we'll end up picking somewhere around 15-25 (just a feeling), so I dont really know what might be available by then, especially we go in the 20's. I think a right tackle is the biggest concern because Starks is playing pretty bad, and Kemo is right behind Simmons and could take over there. Maybe a center too because I have a feeling Hartings might retire.

Comment

If we would just stop turning the ball over we would be unstoppable. 2 of the int's should have been caught. This is just ridiculous. Nice big victory though. Sitting at 4-6 is alot better than 3-7, but we have along way to go to make the playoffs. Always tough to play on the road and beat a rival, so this is a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by skarocksoi
                              I think that Ben needs to scramble around in the pocket more, because you can really see the difference in his play when he moves around when things start to break down. At the beginning of the year he seemed to try to stay in the pocket to avoid getting hit because of his injuries, and we couldnt do anything. Now when he scrambles, our recievers have time to get open and make some plays.

As for getting an O-lineman in the 1st, Im guessing we'll end up picking somewhere around 15-25 (just a feeling), so I dont really know what might be available by then, especially we go in the 20's. I think a right tackle is the biggest concern because Starks is playing pretty bad, and Kemo is right behind Simmons and could take over there. Maybe a center too because I have a feeling Hartings might retire.
                              if we take a Center I want mozes.

Lineman in the 15-25 range: Levi Brown, Jake Long, Sam baker, Justin Blalock.

I'm thinking we keep trading down, I'm seeing that our secondary is letting too many stoppable passes through. Ike isn't playing to his caliber.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Levi Brown at RT would be a monster. He's a beast with the run and can pass block pretty well too, plus he's a high character guy that the steelers love. Being a Penn State student, I've gotten to watch him for a couple of years and hes really a stand up guy. One game this year, the fullback did something stupid and yelled at a coach or something and Levi came over and put the guy in his place. But yeah, I think he'd be a good pick if we go O Line in the first.

Oddly enough, I ended up drafting him in my Madden franchise and moved him to RT to replace starks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information