Getting to 53...Roster...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
    So you see them as equal. You say that Oliver is just as good as Gordon whos a veteran at a position which strives on experience, and that his potential gives him the nod? i'll give you one thing, the potential gives him the nod, gordon seems to be all hes ever gonna be, but hes a finished product. Despite what you may think, they are not equal, and oliver needs more time. we're trying to win the super bowl before thats the playoffs.. the afc is so tough so every game counts.. what if oliver gets beat for tds that end up losing us the game? hey even cromartie got burned by a simple double move.. gordon may not be the better prospect but hes better for now-
    But if we're relying on Gordon to make a play to win us a game anyway, we're screwed no matter what the result is. Gordon's a finished product, and he's no good. Oliver has one game under his belt so far, and a preseason game at that. I don't see us depending on our fourth corner desperately at all this year, but if we do, no matter who it is, Oliver or Gordon, we're not in great hands for this year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
      But if we're relying on Gordon to make a play to win us a game anyway, we're screwed no matter what the result is. Gordon's a finished product, and he's no good. Oliver has one game under his belt so far, and a preseason game at that. I don't see us depending on our fourth corner desperately at all this year, but if we do, no matter who it is, Oliver or Gordon, we're not in great hands for this year anyway.

you kinda missed it a little.. i didnt say we would be depending on them.. what im sayin is that gordon would be less likely to be exposed because hes a veteran.. whereas a raw rookie could easily be

basically gordon is less likely to screw things up- by no means is he a catalyst

sig by bosanac01

Comment

you kinda missed it a little.. i didnt say we would be depending on them.. what im sayin is that gordon would be less likely to be exposed because hes a veteran.. whereas a raw rookie could easily be

basically gordon is less likely to screw things up- by no means is he a catalyst
        Eh, I get what you mean, there's less things he could screw up because he won't be making rookie mistakes, whereas Oliver, being more raw then most rookies, could...is that right?

Even so, Gordon won't be stopping much of anyone this year, and I'm willing to let it ride on Oliver being the 4th corner this year. For all we know, we may carry five corners, we'll have to wait and see...Anyway, what it comes down to is my perferring Oliver's potential, and your perferring Gordon's exp...which no amount of debate will end.

Comment

You have to remember that Florence is probably leaving after the end of the year so we will need a #3 corner for next year. I know that this team is built to win now, but you have to think about the future aswell. Usually the #4 corner doesn't play in pressure moments so his inexperience shouldn't hurt us too much.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
          RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Originally posted by sdpads24 View Post
            You have to remember that Florence is probably leaving after the end of the year so we will need a #3 corner for next year. I know that this team is built to win now, but you have to think about the future aswell. Usually the #4 corner doesn't play in pressure moments so his inexperience shouldn't hurt us too much.

id rather both made the team so you could pick and choose when to use oliver, i understand that experience would be very valuable to him, and inturn us as well... but if i had to choose between the two, unless oliver shows he can play... then gordon should get the nod..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Eh, I get what you mean, there's less things he could screw up because he won't be making rookie mistakes, whereas Oliver, being more raw then most rookies, could...is that right?

Even so, Gordon won't be stopping much of anyone this year, and I'm willing to let it ride on Oliver being the 4th corner this year. For all we know, we may carry five corners, we'll have to wait and see...Anyway, what it comes down to is my perferring Oliver's potential, and your perferring Gordon's exp...which no amount of debate will end.

yes your right..

the debate will go nowhere i agree.. i'm just not convinced that oliver is a top-prospect.. which makes me reluctant to over value his potential..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Andrew Pinnock is a lot more visible this Chargers training camp. Still stuck as the backup fullback, he is getting his work on special teams and figures to play a lot there this season. "I worked hard this summer," said Pinnock, who is lighter and quicker this season. "Whatever I'm needed, I'm having fun doing." Pinnock, active for just three games last year, is among the possible successors to backup running back Michael Turner for 2008, but he knows how he will get on the field in '07. He is working on the punt, punt-return and kickoff-return teams. -- San Diego Union-Tribune

looks like pinnock isnt going anywhere...

sig by bosanac01

Comment

What do you all think of that kid you all signed as an UDFA out of Fresno State, Louis Leonard? I watched you allís games against the Seahawks and Rams and he kinda caught my attention. Heís a pretty big kid and seems to have some hustle to him, eventhough lack of hustle was one of the knocks against him coming out of college. I know heís like 4th on you allís depth chart behind Williams, McKinney, and Bingham. But I thought this kid showed some real potential the last two weeks.

What are you allís thoughts on him and his chances of making your final roster?

Comment

Originally posted by KaneMarko View Post
                    What do you all think of that kid you all signed as an UDFA out of Fresno State, Louis Leonard? I watched you allís games against the Seahawks and Rams and he kinda caught my attention. Heís a pretty big kid and seems to have some hustle to him, eventhough lack of hustle was one of the knocks against him coming out of college. I know heís like 4th on you allís depth chart behind Williams, McKinney, and Bingham. But I thought this kid showed some real potential the last two weeks.

What are you allís thoughts on him and his chances of making your final roster?
                    slim

Chargers first-round pick Craig Davis has settled in as the team's starting receiver opposite Vincent Jackson.
                    Beat writer Kevin Acee says Davis could retain the job once Eric Parker gets back from his bum toe.

sig by bosanac01

Comment

slim

Chargers first-round pick Craig Davis has settled in as the team's starting receiver opposite Vincent Jackson.
                      Beat writer Kevin Acee says Davis could retain the job once Eric Parker gets back from his bum toe.
                      Yeah, I kinda figured you all wouldnít keep 4 NTs. I think Leonard has some skill. I think anyone needing a backup 3-4 or 4-3 NT should take a real good look at this kid. Because I think with some development he can really help some team in time.

Comment

Originally posted by KaneMarko View Post
                        Yeah, I kinda figured you all wouldnít keep 4 NTs. I think Leonard has some skill. I think anyone needing a backup 3-4 or 4-3 NT should take a real good look at this kid. Because I think with some development he can really help some team in time.
                        I could see him making the team as a practice squad player...maybe.
                        He's looked pretty good in his play, but it was against weaker oponents and just the preseaosn.

Comment

I could see him making the team as a practice squad player...maybe.
                          He's looked pretty good in his play, but it was against weaker oponents and just the preseaosn.
                          sounds like paul oliver... just without the 'looked pretty good'

sig by bosanac01

Comment

sounds like paul oliver... just without the 'looked pretty good'
                            I woulnd't be opposed to instead of putting Oliver on the roster, put him on the practice squad....

but with his commodity coming out in the supplemental draft, I think what they have to do for practice is squad is initally put them on waivers, and if they go unclaimed in 24 hours, but them on the squad...

I don't think Oliver could go the 24 without getting an offer by another team.

Then again, thats just what I remember about the process I could be wrong.

Comment

i say put gordon on the practice squad, oliver as a 4th cb, but let him ride the pine. put jue or weddle in as the 4th cb in pressure situations. the fact of the matter is there is very very little chance siler makes the team. 5 cb's is fine with me although i'd rather have camarillo at WR honestly.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                              Titty sprinkles

Comment

The roster has been set.

Here's the link

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlin...release-15.htm

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
                                RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information