Clear All

• 1st Pick of the Draft.

Chargers will pick up Michael Griffen.

i say we pick up a middle linebacker.
    hm. looks like i need a sig...

Comment

Originally posted by edge_V View Post
      i say we pick up a middle linebacker.
      I don't think we can rely on kiel anymore.

Comment

How about Sidney Rice or another WR?

Comment

It's beginning to look like Dwayne Jarrett might be there at 30. How awesome would that be? Forget 40 times, any game film will show you that DJ is a big game player.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
            How about Sidney Rice or another WR?
            Rather not have Rice. I'd much rather have Jason Hill right now. We need some big play recievers to complement VJ. Hill's a polished reciever, but also a home run hitting deep threat.

As far as Safety, lets see how Griffin and Weddle work out. I've said I really like Weddle personally, but we'll see how they work out. You could throw Meriweather into that group as well.
            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
              It's beginning to look like Dwayne Jarrett might be there at 30. How awesome would that be? Forget 40 times, any game film will show you that DJ is a big game player.
              I'll believe Jarrett is falling that far when I see it. Considering the USC influence in Tennessee, if he is there, the Titans would take him I think. He's just too good of a player to fall that far.
              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Right now, either Jarret, Meachem, or Griffen. Hopefully they are all there. Meachem probably won't be after his 4.35 40 at the combine

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
                RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Meachem would be a dream, but we will look real hard at the available wideouts.

I guy I really like in round 2 is Safety Josh Gattis, and hopefully we can pick up a guard like Manny Ramirez in round 3.

Comment

Here's the other thing, we could have as many as five day one picks, depending on what happens with Turner, and possibly two first rounders. That's alot of ammo for a trade-up. I know that's not AJ's style, but if a guy like Landry or even Ginn could be obtained via trade up, that's a possibility that he needs to explore.
                    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by BoltHype View Post
                      Meachem would be a dream, but we will look real hard at the available wideouts.

I guy I really like in round 2 is Safety Josh Gattis, and hopefully we can pick up a guard like Manny Ramirez in round 3.
                      Gattis? Are you kidding me? He shouldn't be a day one pick. I don't think he could ever be a starter for anyone. A typical backup/special teams player. I would rather have Rouse,Wendling,White, Weddle, Meriweather. Ramirez probably won't last untill the 3rd
                      Last edited by sdpads24; 02-26-2007, 11:19 PM.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
                      RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Originally posted by sdpads24 View Post
                        Gattis? Are you kidding me? He shouldn't be a day one pick. I don't think he could ever be a starter for anyone. A typical backup/special teams player. I would rather have Rouse,Wendling,White,Weddle, Weddle, Meriweather. Ramirez probably won't last untill the 3rd
                        yes gattis. didnt get the hype coming from a smaller school, but the dude can play and has the size we need, not to mention high-character, smart, and a leader. oh and also all-acc with 70+ tackles and 5 INTs in each of his last two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                          Here's the other thing, we could have as many as five day one picks, depending on what happens with Turner, and possibly two first rounders. That's alot of ammo for a trade-up. I know that's not AJ's style, but if a guy like Landry or even Ginn could be obtained via trade up, that's a possibility that he needs to explore.
                          i would rather hang on to Turner for one more year and guarantee that we have a strong offensive backfield. we dont have as many holes on the team that we NEED two first rounders. it would be nice, sure, but unless we can trade turner for a top 15 pick, I'd rather keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoltHype View Post
                            i would rather hang on to Turner for one more year and guarantee that we have a strong offensive backfield. we dont have as many holes on the team that we NEED two first rounders. it would be nice, sure, but unless we can trade turner for a top 15 pick, I'd rather keep him.
                            The problem is, do you keep him for 2007 as a luxury and let him walk next year for nothing? Or get what you can for him now? I'm a big Turner fan and he's been a key part of our running game. But the guy is going to probably be offered starters money, and a first rounder could be obtained in the exchange.

Turner doesn't really have much long term value for the Chargers, because he is gone no matter what after 07. But a first round pick has lots of long term value, and the team was built from the ground up by having lots of day one draft picks.
                            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                              The problem is, do you keep him for 2007 as a luxury and let him walk next year for nothing? Or get what you can for him now? I'm a big Turner fan and he's been a key part of our running game. But the guy is going to probably be offered starters money, and a first rounder could be obtained in the exchange.

Turner doesn't really have much long term value for the Chargers, because he is gone no matter what after 07. But a first round pick has lots of long term value, and the team was built from the ground up by having lots of day one draft picks.
                              With Norv Turner as the new head coach, there will be tremendous pressure for the Chargers to start fast in 2007. Getting to the playoffs and making some noise once there is the expectation in San Diego, and all eyes will be on AJ Smith and Norv Turner. With all weight of the entire football world’s eyes on the Chargers’ backs, I don’t think AJ Smith can afford to let a known commodity and consistent performer leave the team right now. I see Turner coming back for one more season, intrigued by the possibility of becoming more involved in the offense with Norv at the helm.

Let’s also acknowledge the fact that while Tomlinson is Superman-like, the threat of injury is still very real. Mike Turner is extremely familiar with the system and is more than capable of handling the load should LT go down for an extended period of time. Keeping Mike for one more season fits another one of AJ Smith’s themes of having capable backups in place in case of injury. Sproles clearly isn’t an every-down back and shouldn’t be relied on to handle the backup duties exclusively.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information