This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
    Well, what else should people have to think when it comes to the QB position in the NFL? You either: A. Believe that the guy can be it or B. Dont believe that he can be it.

I dont think very many NFL teams go into each year thinking to themselves "well, I think this can be a servicable starting QB for us and hopefully we'll be fine". I would think that most NFL teams would rather go into the year saying "we've got our guy at the QB position, this shouldnt even been thought of by anyone as being a concern, no worries here".

Think about how many teams that there are in the NFL that can go into next year saying that they dont really have any concerns about who their starting QB should be and is going to be. It turns out to be a lot higher of a percentage than the teams that are going into next year worried about their starting QB position.
    Or you can do something logical and look at facts and make your judgement from that standpoint.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Here is something I just thought of regarding our QB situation. Whatever we decide to do during the draft or going into the season when it comes to who will be QB'ing the 49ers... we will be taking a CHANCE.

If we decide to draft a QB in the 1st round, we are taking a chance that he will the future of our team.

But...

If we decide to not draft a QB in the draft, we are taking a chance that Shaun Hill (or Alex Smith) will be able to become our QB of the present and future.

As of this time, none of us can say which scenario will play out and which will be the correct decision. The only observation that we can really make at this point is that if a QB is selected #10 overall we will have a good amount of money tied up in him over the next few years. Thats it.

Look at last year, for example. I'm sure that there were many Falcon fans that wanted the team to draft Matt Ryan, but I'm also sure that there were just as many fans that didnt want the team to take a chance on a rookie QB. A lot of fans probably said, "start by building the team up around the QB position, then lets get our guy" (I see talk of this a lot on this website by different users. You can see quite a bit of it with the Detroit Lions fans right now actually.)

Well, we all know what happend last year with the Falcons and Matt Ryan. I know that this scenario doesnt happen very often, but it did happen. The Falcons took a chance with Matt Ryan and it paid off. I'm sure all of those Falcons fans that were against them selecting Ryan are singing his praises right now.

I cant say what exactly the 49ers should do. Only time will tell. If we do not draft a QB and Shaun Hill has a great season I will admit that I was wrong about him, thank the team for NOT drafting a QB, and start singing praises to the great Shaun Hill. If we do not draft a QB and Shaun Hill stinks it up next year, I will be very disappointed and be back here making a case again for the 49ers to draft a QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
        Or you can do something logical and look at facts and make your judgement from that standpoint.
        This is a very touchy subject for you Menardo75. I understand that. But you should realize that just as fast as you are about putting down and shutting people out who mention we draft a QB, that others may be just as fast in not agreeing with you.

I try and discuss my feelings regarding the 49ers and our QB'ing situation. You cant really say I'm wrong if I feel that Hill is not the answer. I cant really say that you are wrong by saying that Hill is the answer. I can discuss it though and I will. So will others. Get used to it.

Comment

Here is something I just thought of regarding our QB situation. Whatever we decide to do during the draft or going into the season when it comes to who will be QB'ing the 49ers... we will be taking a CHANCE.

If we decide to draft a QB in the 1st round, we are taking a chance that he will the future of our team.

But...

If we decide to not draft a QB in the draft, we are taking a chance that Shaun Hill (or Alex Smith) will be able to become our QB of the present and future.

As of this time, none of us can say which scenario will play out and which will be the correct decision. The only observation that we can really make at this point is that if a QB is selected #10 overall we will have a good amount of money tied up in him over the next few years. Thats it.

Look at last year, for example. I'm sure that there were many Falcon fans that wanted the team to draft Matt Ryan, but I'm also sure that there were just as many fans that didnt want the team to take a chance on a rookie QB. A lot of fans probably said, "start by building the team up around the QB position, then lets get our guy" (I see talk of this a lot on this website by different users. You can see quite a bit of it with the Detroit Lions fans right now actually.)

Well, we all know what happend last year with the Falcons and Matt Ryan. I know that this scenario doesnt happen very often, but it did happen. The Falcons took a chance with Matt Ryan and it paid off. I'm sure all of those Falcons fans that were against them selecting Ryan are singing his praises right now.

I cant say what exactly the 49ers should do. Only time will tell. If we do not draft a QB and Shaun Hill has a great season I will admit that I was wrong about him, thank the team for NOT drafting a QB, and start singing praises to the great Shaun Hill. If we do not draft a QB and Shaun Hill stinks it up next year, I will be very disappointed and be back here making a case again for the 49ers to draft a QB.
          If the last paragraph happens we will be right there with you. Until then though all Shaun has done is win, and I think he deserves a shot.

Comment

This is a very touchy subject for you Menardo75. I understand that. But you should realize that just as fast as you are about putting down and shutting people out who mention we draft a QB, that others may be just as fast in not agreeing with you.

I try and discuss my feelings regarding the 49ers and our QB'ing situation. You cant really say I'm wrong if I feel that Hill is not the answer. I cant really say that you are wrong by saying that Hill is the answer. I can discuss it though and I will. So will others. Get used to it.
            I'm sick of hearing I don't think he is. If you really want to debate it with me present some facts and debate it. If you don't think he is the guy fine i'm good with that. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. If you are going to actually debate it with me then make sure your facts are ready.

Comment

If the last paragraph happens we will be right there with you. Until then though all Shaun has done is win, and I think he deserves a shot.
              I will not complain if they give him that shot. I cant argue over his W-L record as a starter.

Comment

I will not complain if they give him that shot. I cant argue over his W-L record as a starter.
                I don't mean to be touchy, but almost three months of this has gotten really old especially when you hear the exact same stuff over and over again.

Comment

I'm sick of hearing I don't think he is. If you really want to debate it with me present some facts and debate it. If you don't think he is the guy fine i'm good with that. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. If you are going to actually debate it with me then make sure your facts are ready.
                  I'd actually like to see more info thrown out there by you. I see every mock draft that people make and they ask for "constructive critisism" if you dont like the pick. When people give us Sanchez, you say horrible 49ers pick, give us Oher (or some other O lineman). You dont debate why we shouldnt pick a QB in the 1st round. You just say NO, call people morons or some such, and move on.

Oh, and I dont think he is. You'll just have to be good with that. I'll be good with you think he is. Cool.

Comment

I'd actually like to see more info thrown out there by you. I see every mock draft that people make and they ask for "constructive critisism" if you dont like the pick. When people give us Sanchez, you say horrible 49ers pick, give us Oher (or some other O lineman). You dont debate why we shouldnt pick a QB in the 1st round. You just say NO, call people morons or some such, and move on.

Oh, and I dont think he is. You'll just have to be good with that. I'll be good with you think he is. Cool.
                    Well for the first month I did, and eventually I got tired of saying the exact same explanation over and over again, I was starting to feel like CJ.

Comment

I don't mean to be touchy, but almost three months of this has gotten really old especially when you hear the exact same stuff over and over again.
                      Not everyone will agree with you. Keep in mind that those same people have to hear the same thing from you. It would be a lot easier for you if they said "hey Menardo, you know what, you are right!" I dont think the 49ers need a new QB and Shaun Hill is great.

Things arent always that easy. Its cool though, I like having "discussions" with people regarding this situation. You wont just see me say "I think the 49ers should draft a QB" "Shaun Hill sucks" and leave it at that. I will always give more.

Comment

Well for the first month I did, and eventually I got tired of saying the exact same explanation over and over again, I was starting to feel like CJ.
                        I can understand this.

You should just know that I am a diehard 49ers fan and I will always respect the team and whatever desicions they make. I'm not someone who knows nothing about the 49ers and will just drop in and say "you guys need a QB, Hill sucks". I consider myself a very knowledgable 49ers fan.

Maybe just dont give me the harsh treatment, then? lol. I can take it, but I wont bust your balls by you saying you like Shaun Hill and think he will be a very good QB for us.

Comment

I can understand this.

You should just know that I am a diehard 49ers fan and I will always respect the team and whatever desicions they make. I'm not someone who knows nothing about the 49ers and will just drop in and say "you guys need a QB, Hill sucks". I consider myself a very knowledgable 49ers fan.

Maybe just dont give me the harsh treatment, then? lol. I can take it, but I wont bust your balls by you saying you like Shaun Hill and think he will be a very good QB for us.
                          I'm sorry my problem isn't with you it was just bad timing lol. Seeing gpngc come into our forum and with a smart ass comment and watching him make the same one in numerous other threads is what really chaps my ass.

Comment

I'm sorry my problem isn't with you it was just bad timing lol. Seeing gpngc come into our forum and with a smart ass comment and watching him make the same one in numerous other threads is what really chaps my ass.
                            haha. No problem. I'm not here to make enemies, but I will debate topics. I had better get to bed now. See you around.

Comment

haha. No problem. I'm not here to make enemies, but I will debate topics. I had better get to bed now. See you around.
                              Same to you bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic.
                                So was I... ??

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information