Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT's taken high are always risky, but I like Raji. I like him overall better and think he's a much safer pick than Dorsey was last year. That being said, he may not make it to 10, unless Oher and the other 3 elite OTs all go before then.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by mac25fan View Post
      I think that another RB is a need, BUT a compliment to Gore is less of a priority than RT, Pass Rushing LB, Stud NT and CB/S. This pushes the RB pick down to round 4 or later. It appears that there will be some nice options at RB based on the Mocks that I've seen.

Andre Brown and Rashad Jennings would be great picks on the second day.
      We're running a 1 gap NT so we dont need that traditional plugging Nose. Im not sure how good Sopo will be but i imagine we wont be picking a NT unless Raji is by far the BPA at 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
        Cutler formally asked for a trade. He's a young, decently proven in his short career, Pro Bowl caliber franchise QB that is available. The Niners need to make a move. I bet he can be had on the cheap.
        I'd give pick 10 straight up for Cutler the player, but his actions have really turned me off. McDaniels isnt perfect but Cutler is really exaggerating the situation. I really doubt Singletary would want a guy like that.

Comment

• Pick #10 + Alex Smith for Cutler. Denver gets Alex for this year at a reduced salary and can take Sanchez at #10 to groom for 2010. They still can plug another hole with their pick #12. We get our QB of the future.

Get it done Scotty Mac!
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Cutler just wants to be wanted. He's still young, but I like his confidence that he feels that he IS the franchise, and was stunned that his name would be mentioned in trade talks. If the Niners traded for him, he'd fell wanted. It's not like it's Brandon Marshall we're talking about trading for. Whoever gets him will have one of the best QBs in football for the next decade plus.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
              Pick #10 + Alex Smith for Cutler. Denver gets Alex for this year at a reduced salary and can take Sanchez at #10 to groom for 2010. They still can plug another hole with their pick #12. We get our QB of the future.

Get it done Scotty Mac!
              Haha. I was thinking this would be the best scenario as Denver wants a QB in return. Could you imagine the look on Nolan's face when they announced that Alex would be a Bronco? Priceless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                Pick #10 + Alex Smith for Cutler. Denver gets Alex for this year at a reduced salary and can take Sanchez at #10 to groom for 2010. They still can plug another hole with their pick #12. We get our QB of the future.

Get it done Scotty Mac!
                With the amount of early picks that Detroit has, coupled with the fact they were already in the mix with these Cutler talks, make them a more attractive trade partner than us at #10.

That would give them the #1 and #12, with the opportunity to draft Stafford instead of Sanchez, and then whoever eleven picks later.

As much as I want it to happen, It just doesn't make much sense for them to deal with us.
                Originally posted by Babylon
                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• They may not want to obtain the #1 pick with the amount of money it takes to sign that player. 10 may be a better option for them, but yes, #1 is a better value.

Comment

• No thanks to Cutler. Cutler is the one who asked to be traded and then tried to act pissed off when the team tried to trade him despite the fact that it was him who asked for a trade to begin with. Again, no thanks.

As for a NT, the only option would be Patriots NT Vince Wilfork who has one year left on his contract but with NE clearing over $20m in cap room with the Cassel and Vrabel trade, I dont see him being available whatsoever.

I wouldnt mind seeing us going back to the 4-3 with Smith at DE, Sopoaga and Balmer at DT, Lawson and Spikes at OLB and Willis in the middle but who would the other DE be? Unless there's a pass rushing DE stud available at 10, I would stay on course with OLB Everette Brown or OT Michael Oher.

Comment

• At this point I've narrowed down my wants to Everette Brown, Brian Orakpo, and Michael Oher at the 10 spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        At this point I've narrowed down my wants to Everette Brown, Brian Orakpo, and Michael Oher at the 10 spot.
                        What about Andre Smith? I know about all his "stuff," but he is arguably the most talented tackle in this class, and he might fall to 10. Singletary won't let him FAIL.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          No thanks to Cutler. Cutler is the one who asked to be traded and then tried to act pissed off when the team tried to trade him despite the fact that it was him who asked for a trade to begin with. Again, no thanks.
                          Yet you always say you'd be OK with welcoming the Saint known as Terrell Owens back on to this team? He's never tried to force anyones hand or anything...
                          Last edited by farfromforgotten; 03-17-2009, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• im pretty sure if sf wanted cutler, they would be talking to denver more than just the 10th pick. the only team i can see getting him right now would be detroit. they have 5 picks in the 1st day of the draft. thats enough to give any team a hard on.

Comment

• my mock
                              1. everette brown - de/ olb
                              2. phil loadholt - ot
                              3. patrick chung - rt
                              4. jermiah johnson - rb
                              5. worell williams - ilb
                              6. myron pyror - dt
                              7. brian hoyer - qb

btw on your guys argument, sopo looks lost more times in a game than waldo

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                                im pretty sure if sf wanted cutler, they would be talking to denver more than just the 10th pick. the only team i can see getting him right now would be detroit. they have 5 picks in the 1st day of the draft. thats enough to give any team a hard on.
                                They said they want a quarterback in return, they are not very interested in picks.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information