Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be shocked if Phil Loadholt is any better than Kwame Harris.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      I'd be shocked if Phil Loadholt is any better than Kwame Harris.
      lmfao wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        I'd be shocked if Patrick Chung fell out of the second round.
        i think he will. only reason i'm saying that is there really isn't a clear favorite as to who the best safety is. its all opinion. delmas, johnson, or moore. somebody is going to fall thru the rounds. i'm going to assume chung & hamlin are those guys.

Comment

to begin with, harris should have stayed an extra year. i knew erickson was blowing it when he traded down to get this bum. loadholt isn't going to be the next orland pace or johnathan ogden but he will be a solid player. i'm sure sing will get him to produce if he was picked up. sd could always go after troy kropog if you like!

Comment

Comparing both as left tackles? I don't think you're off the reservation on that.

Comparing both as right tackles (which I believe Loadholt is 100%)? I think you're nuts.
            Originally posted by Babylon
            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Kwame Harris was a TREMENDOUS run blocker on the right-side as well. Loadholt has an even worse waist-bending technique than Kwame does. Loadholt will be another of a long line of bull-fighting type right tackles that get killed off the edge all day.

Comment

• the other guy i like is Eben Britton. he won't be there in the 2nd round however. unless Oher, E.Brown, or B. Raji aren't there @ 10 then i would hope they look @ moving down & still getting a quality tackle in day 1.

Comment

• I should qwell my Phil Loadholt hate with saying that I think he is a better LEFT tackle prospect than Kwame. I think he has a better "mean-streak" and also won't make as many mental mistakes, but as far as his ability to stop edge rushers on the RIGHT side, I think he will struggle just as Harris has.

My favorite RIGHT tackle prospects outside of the first round are...

Jamon Meredith
                  Gerald Cadogan
                  TJ Lang

Comment

• Loadholt has way better confidence, and is way more aggressive in his pass pro than Kwame, he will be much better.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I don't argue that he could be better. Unfortunately his aggression in pass pro could be disastrous unless he fixes his technique issues. In the NFL, a defender will easily use his aggression against him to make him off-balance. His poor knee bend and heavy feet will make it impossible for him to recover.

I respect your opinion on him however. I will not and cannot say your analysis is wrong. I just evaluate him differently. If the 49ers select him, I hope that my analysis = FAIL
                      Last edited by phlysac; 03-24-2009, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• But, Loadholt can't play Chopin on the piano.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• EXACTLY !!!

Piano playing Offensive Tackles FTMFW

Comment

• I respect your opinion Phlysac, I just feel that with the way Staley is developing into a franchise left tackle, we will have the luxury to lock him 1 on 1, and chip with Gore on the right which would help Loadholt tremendously in pass pro.

Not to mention at right tackle, he's not going to be seeing the stud defensive ends, as all our quarterbacks are righties.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                              I respect your opinion Phlysac, I just feel that with the way Staley is developing into a franchise left tackle, we will have the luxury to lock him 1 on 1, and chip with Gore on the right which would help Loadholt tremendously in pass pro.

Not to mention at right tackle, he's not going to be seeing the stud defensive ends, as all our quarterbacks are righties.
                              Again, I don't want to draft a tackle with the plan of "helping him" in pass pro.

Kwame Harris and Barry Sims have shown just how easy it is to block the DE's that aren't "studs". If a member of your line is weak in pass pro, a good coordinator is going to send pressure on that side. Hence Joey Porter making Sims look stupid at the end of the Dolphins game.

Comment

Again, I don't want to draft a tackle with the plan of "helping him" in pass pro.

Kwame Harris and Barry Sims have shown just how easy it is to block the DE's that aren't "studs". If a member of your line is weak in pass pro, a good coordinator is going to send pressure on that side. Hence Joey Porter making Sims look stupid at the end of the Dolphins game.
                                Maybe I didn't write that as clearly as I should have. I don't want to draft someone knowing that i'm going to have to help him out with schemes either. What I meant was if push came to shove, we would have that capability early on as he got use to the pro game. I still think he comes with a better pass pro set than people give him credit for. And whatever short comings he DOES have, I don't think outweigh the capabilities he has in the run game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyTOOKEOIFo
                                Last edited by king2am; 03-24-2009, 08:15 PM. Reason: link

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information