X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article on Clayton from Niners website:

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5232

It would be nice to see hi make the final roster this year. He needs to work on his pass pro, but I think he can be a good weapon. Chances are, the Niners will take a big back in the Draft, so he may not get his chance. Maybe he'll go to Rams and joining Brandon Williams and Larry Grant as former Niner draft picks.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
      I think he will have Sanchez gone before our pick to the Jags or the Broncos/Jets after they trade up. Maybe he will even have us swapping 1st with the Jets and picking up another 2nd. That would be the best scenario.
      I really dont want to trade back unless we get two first rounders, which i dont expect to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
        I really dont want to trade back unless we get two first rounders, which i dont expect to happen.
        I feel the same way, I really like where we are sitting.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Same here, and I think we all know I am fully capable of embracing a "trade down" game-plan.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Since Scott didn't get his mock up tonight, :( , I got bored and threw together a niners mock. Here's my latest thought:

1.OT Michael Oher, Ole Miss.
            2.OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati
            3.RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
            4.ILB Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina
            5.WR/RS Brandon Tate, North Carolina
            5b.DL Chris Baker, Hampton
            6.QB Tom Brandstater, Fresno St.
            7a.LB Nick Reed, Oregon
            7b.CB Ellis Lankster, West Virginia

Comment

• I don't know if anyone posted about this but the Buffalo Bills are shopping WR Roscoe Parrish. Drafting Hardy last year, getting Owens this year, and signing Evans to an extension made Parrish expendable. Would any of you guys/girls make a trade for him?

I would give the Bills a 4th rounder for him because he would bring much needed speed to the WR corps to stretch the field and instant contributions to the return game. What do some of you think?

Comment

Since Scott didn't get his mock up tonight, :( , I got bored and threw together a niners mock. Here's my latest thought:

3.RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
                7a.LB Nick Reed, Oregon
                I like this one. I had something similar.

Comment

Since Scott didn't get his mock up tonight, :( , I got bored and threw together a niners mock. Here's my latest thought:

3.RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
                  7a.LB Nick Reed, Oregon
                  I like this mock but I think you should replace Brandon Tate with Stroughter or Manuel Johnson because Tate won't be there in the fifth.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                    This is pretty good. 6, 7a and 7b aren't what i would do, but still very good.
                    hughes is pretty solid. i've met him a couple times @ alumni meetings. nice guy.
                    fiametta u have to figure quinn will be gone & is younger than norris as well.
                    drew willy however is that mold where he won't be the next tom brady but he is a solid player who does all the small things right. plus sing's nephew was the lb's coach @ buffalo so he may pitch the word.

Comment

3.RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
                      7a.LB Nick Reed, Oregon
                      That looks great but my opinion is that it is very unlikey.

I think Barwin, Greene, Brinkley, Tate, and Baker will all go a round higher than you have them.

Comment

3.RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
                        7a.LB Nick Reed, Oregon
                        I - F*****G - deal.. One change I would make is Brandstater. Stephen McGree might be available around that time.. I think he's worth the look more than Brandstater.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                          That looks great but my opinion is that it is very unlikey.

I think Barwin, Greene, Brinkley, Tate, and Baker will all go a round higher than you have them.
                          I disagree with you on Barwin, Greene, and Brinkley. I think they're all where they should be. Baker and Tate on the other hand should go earlier than predicted in the mock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haralson98 View Post
                            I don't know if anyone posted about this but the Buffalo Bills are shopping WR Roscoe Parrish. Drafting Hardy last year, getting Owens this year, and signing Evans to an extension made Parrish expendable. Would any of you guys/girls make a trade for him?

I would give the Bills a 4th rounder for him because he would bring much needed speed to the WR corps to stretch the field and instant contributions to the return game. What do some of you think?
                            I wouldn't bother going after him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by FG4prez View Post
                              as others said the D was better than you are claiming. terrell brown showed signs and regardless of what he was listed on last years preseasons guidebook or whatever, he got a fair amount of burn and showed signs. he only fell late in the draft because of character concerns, which havent come up again. the guy has talent.
                              as for guys falling through the cracks, most late rders dont make it. The niners actually have 21 out of 25 of the players drafted in the last three years on their roster. larry grant is somewhere else, so really thats 3 guys who havent worked out at all.
                              You might add last yr's #1 pick Kentwan Balmer as someone who's fallen halfway thru the cracks at this point, he had a high ankle sprain in camp I think & never really was effective in the d-line rotation. McDonald & Fields, based on last yr's performances, are probably the selections for the DE opposite Justin Smith, who's name was called on defense more than any other, one of the few bright spots I remember from that godawful early p/o last season when the Martzball experiment was crashing & burning as J.T. O'Sullivan was establishing his reputation as the most strippable QB in the NFL & every passrusher they faced knew it. JTOS put their defense in nightmarish situations time after time with those turnovers.

I just hope somebody nails down the other DE spot after they had a FA revolving door there, Andre Carter, then KGB, etc. The smoke signals coming from Singletary & Santa Clara about which direction they're going with #10 seem to be just that, misdirection this close to the draft. Maybe they really are going QB, & the 2nd interview with Stafford yesterday here in the Bay Area was just for diplomacy & making nice after Stafford objected to questions about his parents divorce in Dallas, like yall said, a tempest in a teapot, maybe their coaching staff didn't find a QB they liked in the Senior Bowl, maybe they are harboring clandestine love for Sanchez, who knows.....

Good call Haralson98 on Sammie Stroughter, I've had him on my annual All Draft team for a month now. He's great mid-rd. value b/c of his versatility (KR & special teams star as well as yardage leader WR at Oregon St.), his leadership on the field (he was team captain), & FWIW Coye Francies told me in the SJSU Pro Day interview that Stroughter was the best receiver he had ever faced in college, he had to cover him daily in practice in his one yr. with the Beavers. He could be this yr's Josh Morgan.

Comment

• we are starting to bring more local prospects now
                                http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/021490.html

and there is a rumor on espn.com about us trading for Brady Quinn, its an insider thing so i couldnt read it, but what does everyone think of Quinn?I really cant see us trading for, since he really is as unproven and isnt worth the 1st and 3rd probabaly needed to get him. IMO its better that we either stay at 10 or find a trade with broncos/jets

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information