Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jury's still out on Quinn, not enough playing time to determine anything. So trading for him could be a mistake. Watch them give up the #10 to max out the foolhardiness.

It would also make Quinn the most overpaid QB in trade ammo anyway in NFL draft history, imagine three 1st rd. picks from 2 teams for a guy who's mostly held a clipboard, 3 no. 1s if you count the 2 Phil Savage gave to Dallas for the privilege of moving up for the Cleveland hometown hero..... 9ers fans are hoping this remains a rumor.

As for the local guys brought in, there could be a placeholder for the SJSU guys like Owens with his blazing speed, or Coye Francies, who said their staff spent a lot of time during & after the Senior Bowl maintaining contact with him... remember this team has a 36-yr-old corner in Harris. And Gilbert, who isn't interested in him now? If anybody emerges to crack the late 1st rd. from the obscurity of San Jose St. I think it's Jarron Gilbert, he even speculated he could go to the Steelers at #32 b/c he had done his homework & noted that all their DLs are over 30 now.

Comment

• I just find it completely amusing that every time some QB is on the market, we're automatically linked to them.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Haralson98 View Post
        I like this mock but I think you should replace Brandon Tate with Stroughter or Manuel Johnson because Tate won't be there in the fifth.
        I think you're right that he might not be there. I really want him though, mainly because of his potential and return abilities. Im tired of setting aside a roster spot just for Rossum the RS...

Comment

• I wouldn't go more than a 2nd Round pick for Quinn, and would be very interested in if they could get him for less. Remember, Mangini didn't draft him, and he may not be enamored with Quinn as he already has Derek Anderson that is getting paid a decent chunk of change for the next 2 years to be the starter.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
            I wouldn't go more than a 2nd Round pick for Quinn, and would be very interested in if they could get him for less. Remember, Mangini didn't draft him, and he may not be enamored with Quinn as he already has Derek Anderson that is getting paid a decent chunk of change for the next 2 years to be the starter.
            Not gonna happen. Don't want it to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
              I just find it completely amusing that every time some QB is on the market, we're automatically linked to them.
              Really sigh
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I would trade our 2nd rounder for Quinn especially if McCloughan is looking to draft a QB at 10. Here's an awesome fantasy idea -

Seeing Sanchez/Freeman drop to 10 and somehow someway getting the Broncos to trade both of their first rounders in order to get their franchise QB. We then trade the lower first round pick to CLE for Quinn, draft OT Michael Oher at 12 (or Jenkins if available and Oher is gone) and still have all of our remaining draft picks.

That obviously isnt going to happen but if it did, would anyone be against it?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  I would trade our 2nd rounder for Quinn especially if McCloughan is looking to draft a QB at 10. Here's an awesome fantasy idea -

Seeing Sanchez/Freeman drop to 10 and somehow someway getting the Broncos to trade both of their first rounders in order to get their franchise QB. We then trade the lower first round pick to CLE for Quinn, draft OT Michael Oher at 12 (or Jenkins if available and Oher is gone) and still have all of our remaining draft picks.

Essentially us trading down to 12 to get Quinn? Why would anyone be against that.

Dan, if YOU think the trade is outrageous, you might wanna just keep it to yourself...

Comment

• That would be a Walsh-era Draft manipulation that I would love! (But it's not going to happen)

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Scott's new mock is up, don't know if anyone's posted anything about it yet.

Brian Orakpo
                      Alphonso Smith
                      Troy Kropog

I, personally, love it.

1. Pass Rusher - Would also complete a pretty sweet linebacking corp if you ask me
                      2. Corner - 14 years. Steal in free agency, but 14 is a lot of miles. I know the knocks on Smith about his height but i'm not too concerned.
                      3. Tackle - Duh. Marvel Smith buys us some time.

Alternative according to the way it fell for Scott:

1. Michael Oher (fell to the lions)
                      2. Connor Barwin
                      3. DJ Moore
                      Originally posted by Babylon
                      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                        Scott's new mock is up, don't know if anyone's posted anything about it yet.

Brian Orakpo
                        Alphonso Smith
                        Troy Kropog

I, personally, love it.

1. Pass Rusher - Would also complete a pretty sweet linebacking corp if you ask me
                        2. Corner - 14 years. Steal in free agency, but 14 is a lot of miles. I know the knocks on Smith about his height but i'm not too concerned.
                        3. Tackle - Duh. Marvel Smith buys us some time.

Alternative according to the way it fell for Scott:

1. Michael Oher (fell to the lions)
                        2. Connor Barwin
                        3. DJ Moore
                        See I actually kind of hate his draft. We got great value, but we could have filled much larger needs. Here's mine based on how the board fell:

1. B.J. Raji
                        2. Connor Barwin
                        3. Gerald Cadogan

Or

1. Michael Oher
                        2. Connor Barwin
                        3. Andre Brown

Comment

• i'm afraid someone might reach and take Barwin in the 1st after falling in love with his numbers.

Comment

• Looking at Scott's mock:

1) I love the Orakpo pick.
                            2) I'd rather have Barwin or Sintim over Alphonso Smith.
                            3) I could live with this pick

Side note: he has the Broncos taking Stephen McGee in round three and that is just saddening to me haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              I would trade our 2nd rounder for Quinn especially if McCloughan is looking to draft a QB at 10. Here's an awesome fantasy idea -

But it would make no sense for the Broncos to jump 1 team when there are 2 possible franchise quarterbacks available.

Comment

• For those who want to see more Orakpo:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information