X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
    Seriously? What's your reasoning?
    In one of the deepest years for 3-4 OLBs too interesting.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Hey guys, draft chat with Matt Maiocco in a few minutes,

http://www.49ersparadise.com/liveeve...co042009.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
        Seriously? What's your reasoning?
        Personally, I think Sidbury Jr is going to turn out to be the best of those round 1/2 DE/OLBs. I would definitely not take Orakpo to be a 3-4 OLB, upon further consideration. Maybin's weight scares me. I think Brown has his his ceiling and Ayers isnt warranting of the 10 selection and wont be there at 43 so I didnt bother considering him. Sidbury has all the tools, he just needs to be coached up a bit on technique and I think he could really shock teams.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Absolutely LOVE Sidbury, but what about Maybin's weight scares you?

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
            Absolutely LOVE Sidbury, but what about Maybin's weight scares you?
            I just worry that he cant keep it on over the course of the season. Also, I have to wonder how much of it was him just stuffing his face before weigh-ins. I wrestled in HS and I saw guy starve themselves or gorge themselves to meet certain weights. I know that if I needed to move the scale up some pounds, it isnt that hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
              Personally, I think Sidbury Jr is going to turn out to be the best of those round 1/2 DE/OLBs. I would definitely not take Orakpo to be a 3-4 OLB, upon further consideration. Maybin's weight scares me. I think Brown has his his ceiling and Ayers isnt warranting of the 10 selection and wont be there at 43 so I didnt bother considering him. Sidbury has all the tools, he just needs to be coached up a bit on technique and I think he could really shock teams.
              I agree with this and I'm also not a fan of any of the 3-4 OLB prospects at #10 in this draft.

Comment

• At the moment, my dream would be Crabtree in round one and then Sidbury in round two. With the best RT or RB in round three/four.

Comment

• Sidbury is a tad overrated right now. He is a workout warrior who played against low-level competition. I would draft him in the 3rd but not the 2nd.

Comment

I would definitely not take Orakpo to be a 3-4 OLB, upon further consideration.
                    Well I'll ask you. What don't you like about Orakpo?

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                      Sidbury is a tad overrated right now. He is a workout warrior who played against low-level competition. I would draft him in the 3rd but not the 2nd.
                      I disagree but I'm not going to ostracize you for holding that opinion. I happen to like his physical abilities, he reminds me Conner Barwin but more likely to be there at 43. Now, if Barwin is there at 43 and they dont go for him, I'll probably throw something at the screen.

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                      Well I'll ask you. What don't you like about Orakpo?
                      I think he's better as a 4-3 DE is all. He's good at pass rushing but not great enough to be a 3-4 OLB and I worry about his ability to cover a RB or TE.

Comment

I think he's better as a 4-3 DE is all. He's good at pass rushing but not great enough to be a 3-4 OLB and I worry about his ability to cover a RB or TE.
                        Yeah I understand. Naturally the coverage part is the least smoothest transition for college 4-3 DEs. It was even a question with Manny Lawson. And I would say he's a better cover LB than a pass rushing one.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                          Sidbury is a tad overrated right now. He is a workout warrior who played against low-level competition. I would draft him in the 3rd but not the 2nd.
                          I agree that he may be overrated by some but he was dominant in the East-West Shrine Game as well.

If Orakpo, Maybin, Brown, English, Barwin, and Sintim are gone I would definitely consider reaching for Sidbury at #43.

Comment

I just worry that he cant keep it on over the course of the season. Also, I have to wonder how much of it was him just stuffing his face before weigh-ins. I wrestled in HS and I saw guy starve themselves or gorge themselves to meet certain weights. I know that if I needed to move the scale up some pounds, it isnt that hard.
                            He didn't just gain weight for a weigh-in though. He weighed 252lbs and did a 10'10" Broad Jump and 40" Vertical. I understand the concern about him maintaining weight during the season but the fact that he is only 20 cancels that fear in my eyes. Let's not forget that Demarcus Ware weighed 230lbs his final year in college and weighed 251lbs at the Combine. He never lost the weight and has continued to mature physically, now weighing in the mid 260's.

Comment

• Yeah it is really hard to put an accurate grade on Maybin with him being so young. I think he is the guy that we are gonna take.
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• jags sign holt, scratch one in the crabtree sweepstakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information