X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great article on Nate Davis...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column......&id=4047057

Comment

• Pascoe is the epitomy of the big-bruising, blocking TE that McSing wanted.

Comment

• another backup/rotational player taken.

Pascoe will be only a run blocking TE but his intangibles show some promises.
        A new champions generation has born!

Comment

• Replacement for Bajema

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten
            Leave it to Dan to question us taking the player that many teams have ranked as the #1 player in this years draft at #10 overall.

I like that we drafted him based more on talent than on need. I dont think that is something we would have done in the past and I was honestly scared we would still pass on him.

You'll be happy next year with those 2 first rounders, Dan.
            Except for the first nine teams who obviously didnt have him ranked number one. I knew he was going to be the pick once he started to slide.

Again, just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I know that I will be happy next year but its not next year yet.

Comment

• He is a better blocker and better receiver than Bajema and will cost half as much = WIN

Comment

• I'm surprised we took Coffee instead of Jennings. Coffee reminds me alot of Terrell Davis coming out of college. There's certain players in this draft who have abilities on the field that cannot by measured with a ruler or stopwatch.

Comment

• Bear Pascoe = Awesome pick

Great fit for the Niners and what they want to do. Most importantly, his BLOCKING will allow VERNON DAVIS to become more of a RECEIVER, instead of staying home to block 90% of the time. Great pickup for the Niners after not being able to land an OT early.

Hey WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? I believe it's time to change your name to WhatWouldBearPascoeDo? Do you agree? ;)

Yay, what do you think of the Raiders taking your boy Mitchell in the 2nd? I was sold on him as a sleeper, but at that spot, he has to be a productive starter immediately.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• so far day 2 hasn't shocked me.
                    i'm really happy to c we picked up mckillop
                    davis, i'll go on record & say with the right coaching he could end up bieng a starter. he's really accurate & has good mechanics. he just needs sometime. they have raye & johnson who can coach him up.
                    pascoe for sure is a replacement for bajema.

i wonder why they passed on the following
                    jennings
                    coye francis
                    andre brown
                    dominique edison
                    or any offensive lineman

Comment

• [QUOTE=dan77733;1630440]I'm not missing the point. How did we get that first round pick that was used on Balmer??? When you figure that out, you'll realize why I mentioned it.

[QUOTE]

Dan. You are missing the point.

Trading and getting a pick that puts you into the first round after not having a pick in that round is much different than gaining an EXTRA pick.
                      Originally posted by Babylon
                      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        I'm surprised we took Coffee instead of Jennings. Coffee reminds me alot of Terrell Davis coming out of college. There's certain players in this draft who have abilities on the field that cannot by measured with a ruler or stopwatch.
                        I wasn't expecting Glen Coffee in the 3rd but he fits the "power runner" + "special teams" + "can carry the load if need-be" that McSing said they wanted.

As for Rashad Jennings... I'm a Pitt homer and got to see alot of him before he transfered and watched a good bit of tape of him at Liberty... He is a big-back like we all assumed the 49ers would get but I can tell you this... Glen Coffee is a much more physical runner than Jennings is.

Comment

• I want Coye Francies and Jennings now. But Jennings is a long shot seeing that we draft Coffee. Mike Mickens is still out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                            I wasn't expecting Glen Coffee in the 3rd but he fits the "power runner" + "special teams" + "can carry the load if need-be" that McSing said they wanted.

As for Rashad Jennings... I'm a Pitt homer and got to see alot of him before he transfered and watched a good bit of tape of him at Liberty... He is a big-back like we all assumed the 49ers would get but I can tell you this... Glen Coffee is a much more physical runner than Jennings is.
                            Yeah Glen is definitely a good player and a very good between the tackles physical type runner. But most of the knocks on him are his average speed and running style for a person his size. I read somewhere that he has a running style of Brandon Jacobs despite being relatively the same size as Reggie Bush. I will say if he can add the weight maybe get up to 215-220 and we'll be looking at a very powerful run game.

He's also a very good character guy and positive influence to have in the lockerroom.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ySmg...E4824D&index=2

Okay, maybe, Crabtree is pretty good. He seems to catch everything and with just his hands too as opposed to using his body. Love the catch at the end. How he caught the ball, stayed in bounds and scored was just amazing.

Comment

• two seventh round picks i'll put in some plugs for-- homer picks that haven't been drafted yet: Pannel Egboh, DE and Alex Fletcher, C, both from Stanford. Egboh has 3-4 DE size and is fairly athletic, Fletcher is a really gritty, intelligent interior line prospect with (I think) some pretty decent upside.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information