Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFT is the one that started the thing about Crabs wanting more money than what the 10th pick should get. Maiocco was simply reporting on it.

Nice little excerpt from Barrows:

The buzz on Crabtree right now is that his agent wants Top 5 money for the No. 10 draft pick, a discrepancy that promises to cause him to miss the beginning of camp. I have yet to see or hear any attribution on that concept, so perhaps it's just a lot of speculation and Crabtree will be delivered on time. This may seem counterintuitive given the 49ers' receiving woes, but the truth is that the 49ers have the leverage on this one. They have two capable starters in Bruce and Morgan as well as a host of decent backups in Jason Hill, Jones and Battle. Crabtree, meanwhile, slipped in the draft and has yet to step onto the practice field following foot surgery. He was champing at the bit so hard to practice in June that Singletary had to forcefully tell the rookie to take it easy. It's Crabtree who wants/needs to prove to the football world that he shouldn't have been passed over like he was, and he needs to be in camp to do so. Yes, the discrepancy between what the No. 5 and No. 10 drafts picks earn is wide, but Crabtree's real money will come on his second contract, which he is effectively working toward the minute he enters training camp.
    Emphasis mine.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Only three first rounders have signed, I believe. Where are all the PFT articles claiming the other 28 guys will be holding out?

Comment

• What I want to know is why every teams always waits until right beore TC to sign their draft picks? Is it a rule that teams have to wait because if not, I personally would have all my draft picks signed as soon as its allowed even if that means paying a little extra.

As for Crabtree, why do I get the feeling that he's going to be the next J.J. Stokes??? Of course, his agent is more to blame than him but then again, Crabtre should be telling his agent to just get a deal done and move on. And he shouldnt be paid in the top 5 because he wasnt drafted in the top 5. There really needs to be a rookie pay scale in the next CBA because these rookies getting more money of front than veterans earn in the duration of a contract just isnt right.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          What I want to know is why every teams always waits until right beore TC to sign their draft picks?
          they dont, negotiations are a long process

Comment

• Crabtree's agent has a history of holdouts..

At least four of Parker's clients had contract issues last season. Bills tackle Jason Peters skipped 43 days and missed the season opener. Rams running back Steven Jackson held out for 27 days before signing a new contract. Bears return man Devin Hester did not report for the first two days of camp before signing a new deal. And Cardinals rookie cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie missed two practices before signing his contract.
            http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...stalemate.html

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
              Crabtree's agent has a history of holdouts..

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...stalemate.html

Just give em the "Can't do it" speech and all will be well in Ninersville.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post

Just give em the "Can't do it" speech and all will be well in Ninersville.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I think it's the jealous, fake rumor mill starting this stories about Crabs. There are media outlets and other teams that are pissed that they didn't get him, so they're helping to create controversy.

There was a lot of stuff (more deserving at the time IMO) about VD when he was an unsigned rookie. He, like Crabs, had a lot of hype around him as well as rumors circulating about his attitude, "diva-ness", signability, etc.

People are just haters, and that's part of the reason he fell in the Draft. A lot of speculation and rumors going around, mixed with jealousy. The Niners do have the leverage, however, and Crabs needs to understand that if he does plan any kind of stalemate.

I'm calling it right here that the Coffee signing in announced today.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

First, there's no damn guarantees in life and no guarantee that Cutler was going to be the man in Denver. As you should already know, a new head coach usually brings a new regime who bring in their own players. Second, if I was Cutler, I would have been pissed off too for his new head coach trying to acquire Cassel but him saying that he didnt want a trade and out of Denver when he did is what really makes him an asshole. He's two-faced. Why would you want him on our team as our QB? I wouldnt and im happy we didnt trade for him because he's not worth half of what Chicago gave up and the only reason Chicago gave up so much to acquire him is because the regime there knows that if they suck this season, they wont be around to use those draft picks that they traded away anyway.

Third, why exactly is Rivers a dick? I posted why I dont like Cutler so post why you dont like Rivers and why you think that he's a dick.
                    First, C'mon are you serious? With the year he had he was destined to be the man at least ONE MORE SEASON. Saying there's no guarantees in life proves nothing because this is football. He was their first round pick not too long ago and had a nice year.. He was gonna be the man this season.

Second, Cutler didn't want to trade out of Denver. He wanted to stay in Denver. He was upset that the Broncos would even consider trading him after he reportedly said around the league that he would stay.

Third, Rivers is a dick. There's no denying that. Everyone knows it. He's just a classless individual.

Sitting on the Broncos bench when you're winning? This isn't ******* high school.

And Let me set the record straight. I never said I wanted to sign Cutler, I just said I would rather have him then that Douche Bag in San Diego.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB
                      First, C'mon are you serious? With the year he had he was destined to be the man at least ONE MORE SEASON. Saying there's no guarantees in life proves nothing because this is football. He was their first round pick not too long ago and had a nice year.. He was gonna be the man this season.

Second, Cutler didn't want to trade out of Denver. He wanted to stay in Denver. He was upset that the Broncos would even consider trading him after he reportedly said around the league that he would stay.

Third, Rivers is a dick. There's no denying that. Everyone knows it. He's just a classless individual.

Sitting on the Broncos bench when you're winning? This isn't ******* high school.

And Let me set the record straight. I never said I wanted to sign Cutler, I just said I would rather have him then that Douche Bag in San Diego.
                      1) He wasnt Daniels first round draft pick. He was Shanahan's. I shouldnt have to tell you what happens when a new HC comes in and takes over. And he had a good season, not a great one. 25 TD's/18 INT's is good at best but 34 TD's/11 INT's is great. Plus, with a three game lead, Cutler played like crap in the last three games throwing 4 INT's and 2 TD's. I dont want to hear about their defense is crap, no running game, injuries or whatever because thats nothing but an execuse. Just like the same crap thats said here about Alex Smith but yet no one seems to realize that Shaun Hill has had the exact same changes but the opposite outcome. Also, Rivers has led his team to the playoffs all three seasons in which he's been the starter where as Cutler failed including this past season where all he had to do was lead his team to victory just once in three games but couldnt do it. Cutler is a good QB but Rivers is easily better. And yeah, I didnt want Cutler but I wouldnt complain at all if that trade scenario actually happens in regards to Rivers.

2) Yeah, except for the FACT that he asked to be traded but denied that he ever said it even though he did. Rivers is an asshole for TAUNTING but Cutler isnt for being two-faced?? You've got to be kidding me. And of course, he said that he wanted to stay. What else is he going to say when he's trying to cover up the FACT that he asked to be traded???

3) I'm still trying to figure out why exactly Rivers is a dick? For taunting Cutler? Havent they taunted and trash talked each other for three years??? None of that matters anyway as its just mind games and bullcrap. And after watching that YouTube video you posted, there's just one thing missing - the camera showing Cutler screaming back which im pretty sure he did. The difference between Cutler and Rivers is that Rivers backs up his trash talking where as Cutler cant and didnt. Hell, I just looked at the last four DEN/SD games and ouch, SD won three of the four with the only win for DEN coming early last season by a point and of course, that was the screwjob anyway and was proven when Rivers and SD crushed DEN to end the season and get in the playoffs. SD outscored DEN 154 to 66. OUCH!!! Thats a thrashing. Actually, three thrashings and one screwjob. Cutler had 5 TD's/6 INT's in those four games. Take away the 4 TD performance in the screwjob game and he's horrible against Rivers and SD. Rivers on the other hand had 8 TD's and only 1 INT in those four games.

Looking everything over, forget Cutler wanting out of DEN. He wanted out of the AFC West so he didnt have to try to match Rivers twice a year because he knows he cant. Hell, he's only capable of doing it 25% of the time and even then, he needs the officials to help his ass out.

Enough of my little rant. You prefer Cutler, good for you. I prefer Rivers, good for me. I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                        I'm calling it right here that the Coffee signing in announced today.
                        Yes, right on. Only Crabs to go.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events...0-794acbfc7f06

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Just like the same crap thats said here about Alex Smith but yet no one seems to realize that Shaun Hill has had the exact same changes but the opposite outcome.
                          Yeah right Dan, nobody here realizes that Shaun Hill had the same personnel limitations that Alex Smith had. So true. We're just a bunch of Alex Smith fanboys over here.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            they dont, negotiations are a long process
                            Exactly. The draftee or his agent has to throw out the 1st number for the negotiations to begin. Both sides know there's a lot of wiggle room in there.

Both Crabtree & Coffee will be signed before the 1st preseason game, maybe not the HoF game, but the 1st 9ers preseason game.

EDIT: See, Coffee is already signed & delivered. Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                              We're just a bunch of Alex Smith fanboys over here.
                              We signed him to be another tight end? I thought he was with the Pats now.

/sarcasm

Comment

• Two things:

1) Merged the Off-Season & Season threads since they are about the same stuff with the draft and free agency over.

2) This is ******** if true:

Originally posted by Maiocco
                                Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, is asking for a contract commensurate with the No. 3 overall pick - not the No. 10 pick - according to a report in the Denver Post. If that's indeed the case, it might take a while for Crabtree to report to camp.

There will certainly be a lot of league-wide pressure on the 49ers to hold strong on this one. After all, if Crabtree signs a big contract, that could have a major impact on every contract for unsigned players chosen in the first round. (Only four of the top 32 selections have signed their deals.)

Sources have told me that Parker is not willing to acknowledge that Crabtree was the No. 10 pick. Parker apparently believes Crabtree should receive a greater contract than a typical No. 10 pick because he should have been selected higher. Parker has not made himself available for comment.
                                I'll tell my next employer to pay me like a Fortune 500 CEO, since I believe I should receive a greater salary than your average person.
                                Last edited by Brent; 07-28-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information