Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    I really want Chris Peterson from Boise State to be the new OC but Turner is tempting, especially if Alex Smith's shoulder is fully healed.
    The team is built to fit that offense perfectly. And you know he wont get another HC look for a long time since he couldnt win with all that talent down in San Diego. I don't know about the rest of you but bringing back Norv would make me pretty happy.

    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Brent View Post
      http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/017522.html



      Norv Turner as OC again? I think his failings with the Chargers would pretty much end his chances at getting another head coaching gig for a while. And it really feels like the perfect fit, especially after what we saw in '06.
      I am really crossing my fingers that he gets canned by the Chargers. He still talks very highly of both Hill and Smith, so we wouldn't have to worry about the QB situation. Also this team is built to his style of football. My only fear is that Dallas fires Wade, promotes Garrett, and has an opening for Norv at OC. I can't see him turning down Dallas.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
        I can't see him turning down Dallas.
        True but I would like to think that he's still got a man crush on Alex and Gore.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • I would welcome Norv Turner back with opened arms and I dont see him going to DAL because he turned down an offer from Jerry Jones to be the HC, stayed in SF for a few more weeks and then went to SD after Jones brought in Wade Phillips.

          I also dont see him going to DAL as the OC because Garrett would most likely still be calling the plays so what's the point in him going there?

          Comment


          • I am also hoping that our QB competition next year is like the Bears' this year. This year everyone thought they were stupid for just having Kyle Orton and Rex Grossmen battle it out for ther job. Then Orton won and emerged as a possible franchise guy. I am hoping that one of our guys emerge next year. Maybe this year if Shaun shows that ability. Which he has shown flashes of.

            Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            I would welcome Norv Turner back with opened arms and I dont see him going to DAL because he turned down an offer from Jerry Jones to be the HC, stayed in SF for a few more weeks and then went to SD after Jones brought in Wade Phillips.

            I also dont see him going to DAL as the OC because Garrett would most likely still be calling the plays so what's the point in him going there?
            Yeah I don't see Norv going to Dallas. Garrett will still want to call the plays and Norv will also want to, just won't happen.
            Last edited by Menardo75; 12-04-2008, 02:43 AM.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

            Comment


            • Martz might be jumping shipping. Gary Radnich says he has/will be interviewing with San Diego State.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5H2UnCptw

              Comment


              • ^^^^^

                Nice. I didnt want Martz to begin with and want him gone because eventually, he'll screw over the offense and Singletary in order to make himself look better. And personally, I think that it's more Hill than Martz since Hill played good at the end of last season with a horrible OC.

                Comment


                • Martz heading to the college ranks huh. I will probably be great their.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                  Comment


                  • Didnt care for Martz when he got the job, would love to have Norv back but more than anything I just want an OC thats going to last more than 1 year. Find the right guy, make him an offer he cant refuse and lock him in for 5 years.

                    The drafting and mentoring of Alex Smith has been nothing short of an embarrassment - not for Alex but for the team. If you ever wanted to kill career look at the 9ers last few years as a blueprint


                    me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                      Didnt care for Martz when he got the job, would love to have Norv back but more than anything I just want an OC thats going to last more than 1 year. Find the right guy, make him an offer he cant refuse and lock him in for 5 years.

                      The drafting and mentoring of Alex Smith has been nothing short of an embarrassment - not for Alex but for the team. If you ever wanted to kill career look at the 9ers last few years as a blueprint
                      That's why I want Norv. Alex's best year was with Norv and Norv is the one that can make Alex into the player we all want.

                      Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                      Comment


                      • Go Raiders then.
                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                        Comment


                        • if romeo crennell get fired i'd like to see cleveland's oc come here.
                          other notable oc's
                          scott linehan - he was great in miami
                          greg knapp - he was in san fran a few years ago
                          chris peterson - boise st
                          mike hermadinger - tenn titans

                          Comment


                          • please...let's stop fantasizing about alex smith already for god's sake!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                              please...let's stop fantasizing about alex smith already for god's sake!
                              How about we stop talking about GREG KNAPP?!?!?!


                              #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                              "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                                if u read it right, the guy i quoted thought willis was a rookie this season
                                Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                                the best draft pick sf had this season up to date has been a 6th rd pick. thats right...a 6th.
                                Um, try making your posts less vague please. You didn't specify from which season these draft picks were.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information