Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we draft a QB in round one, I will be super pissed. If we draft a QB in rounds two or three, I'll still be pissed. If we draft a QB in rounds four to seven, I wont be pissed but annoyed because I think that it would be a wasted draft pick.

And im telling you guys, I have a bad feeling that Singletary/Baalke are going to package both first rounders for Bradford/Clausen. And with Singletary getting more control, the number one thing every HC does is get his OWN QB.

UGH. I'm so not happy right now, its not even funny.

Comment

• Tim Tebow would be a waste of a draft selection. We just signed David Carr as the backup and have an up and coming player in Nate Davis who could possibly develop into something more profound. Why in the world would we need to draft Tebow?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Tim Tebow is a waste of any draft pick. Even a conditional 7th.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          Tim Tebow is a waste of any draft pick. Even a conditional 7th.
          LMAO and.....AGREED

Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Comment

No arguments here
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• if I wanted a college QB who hasnt even learned to throw a football properly and will need three years to learn a pro-offense, after having drafted someone from the same college system just a few years ago, then I might consider Tebow as an UDFA

Comment

• Watch the Bills take him at #9

Comment

• i don't care what anyone says, Tebow is a guy you want on your team.

Comment

I completely disagree. He isn't amazing, that's for sure, but the guy has shown a remarkable amount of improvement from the Senior Bowl to his Pro Day, especially in his throwing mechanics. He deserves an enormous amount of credit for that.

The issue is that he is overrated due to Florida's success, which he was an integral part of, but clearly not uniquely responsible for, as the team was AMAZING the whole time he was there.

But to say he shouldn't be drafted at all is ridiculous. He has an excellent drive to learn and terrific intangibles as well as just being a physical marvel for the QB position. I really don't think rounds 3 or 4 are a reach.

He will go in the second I think, which might be a bit of a reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                      I completely disagree.
                      I am aware. I am over-exaggerating because I cannot stand that guy.

Comment

• I would take Tebow in the 4th like where we took Robinson as a developmental guy that could become a QB or H-Back or Key Special Teams player.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                          I would take Tebow in the 4th like where we took Robinson as a developmental guy that could become a QB or H-Back or Key Special Teams player.
                          If he is to be an H-back, TE or FB, he would be of no use to the Niners as they have far more capable people in ALL those positions on the roster, currently. Hell, I'd still take Nate & Carr over Tebow at this stage.

Comment

If he is to be an H-back, TE or FB, he would be of no use to the Niners as they have far more capable people in ALL those positions on the roster, currently. Hell, I'd still take Nate & Carr over Tebow at this stage.
                            I agree that in those roles, he wouldn't be a good fit for the Niners, especially at TE. A Chris Cooley H-Back is what I think he'll best be in the NFL, but that doesn't fit into our offensive scheme. I was talking more about value and where I'd take him, not specifically for the Niners.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

I am aware. I am over-exaggerating because I cannot stand that guy.
                              Here here, so say we all. I can't remember a marquee name player like Tebow having such a reverse bandwagon effect as the draft approaches. He had an awesome college career that's true, but now he's becoming about as popular as anthrax.

On another matter, I hear all the pundits saying that b/c of the talent depletion meltdown in Zona b/c the cheapest team in the NFL wants to save on paying roster bonuses, the Rams still floundering trying to get up off the floor with the worst teams in the NFL, & Seattle in rebuilding mode under a new HC the 9ers are the odds-on fave to take the division. Are you guys buying this?

I think the team is an OLT, a FS, a KR, maybe a lightning-quick pass rusher opposite Justin Smith & some solid kick & punt coverage on STs away from that yet.
                              Last edited by LizardState; 04-07-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• I would take Tebow in the 4th round simply for his leadership and locker room presence, and intangibles. Very worst he is a special teams, H Back, do whatever u ask him to do type of guy. We have to many needs to consider him in the early part of the draft..and he is going in the first round now by all accounts so this debate is mute.. But anyone who says they wouldnt take him at all..or as a UDFA is letting their personal bias affect their judgement. He may not be the next Montana..but he can do something positive for a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information