Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps they will work at the same IHOP when Tebow's career goes down the toilet. I could see Tebow's picture on an employee of the month bulletin board.

Comment

• Originally posted by FG4prez View Post
      Perhaps they will work at the same IHOP when Tebow's career goes down the toilet. I could see Tebow's picture on an employee of the month bulletin board.
      Only if that IHOP is in a 3rd world country, where Tebow will be doing his missionary work.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• 49ers beat writers mock drafts thru 4/20:
        Matt Barrows #13: Dan Williams, #17 Mike Iupati
        http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/
        Actually starting to warm up to Iupati at pick 17.
        Matt Maiocco #13: Joe Haden, #17 Anthony Davis
        Dan Brown: #13: Joe Haden, #17 Anthony Davis
        SF Gate new beat writer David White: #13: Dez Bryant, #17 Anthony Davis
        Not the most logical mock draft but I would love it.

Comment

• Anybody else catch the 49ers Draft Special on CSBA Sports/Cable 40? They keep rerrunning it twice a day during draft wk.

There's a former 9er DB ragging all over Haden as a CB prospect, saying he doesnt stop & start or play in space well enough to command #1 pick $. Then there's the PFW Haden analysis that says he really lacks technique, still very raw.

And there's all this increasing hype about Wilson climbing some teams' draft charts over Haden as the #1 corner. Call me crazy but I'm strating to believe it.

Should they shy away from Haden & go OL like that bandwagon is beginning to pick up big momentum? Anyone have thoughts on this?
          Last edited by LizardState; 04-20-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Well we can't lose in this draft going either OL or CB. But it's amazing how weak this CB class is.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
              Anybody else catch the 49ers Draft Special on CSBA Sports/Cable 40? They keep rerrunning it twice a day during draft wk.

There's a former 9er DB ragging all over Haden as a CB prospect, saying he doesnt stop & start or play in space well enough to command #1 pick $. Then there's the PFW Haden analysis that says he really lacks technique, still very raw.

And there's all this increasing hype about Wilson climbing some teams' draft charts over Haden as the #1 corner. Call me crazy but I'm strating to believe it.

Should they shy away from Haden & go OL like that bandwagon is beginning to pick up big momentum? Anyone have thoughts on this?
              I did not catch that draft special, but after watching a bunch of Joe Haden highlight videos I was really unimpressed. I'm no expert but I can see what those scouts are criticizing him of. In Scott's negatives of him he says that he is slow to react and even I noticed that.

I am really hoping Earl Thomas will fall to us now. If he is not there, the top 4 tackles are gone, and Jimmy Clausen is gone I would say trade down and get Charles Brown/Roger Saffold and Kyle Wilson/Patrick Robinson or just take a guy like Brandon Graham/Sergio Kindle at 13. Or just reach on Wilson at 13
              Last edited by Goon61; 04-20-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• you cant just say, "I would trade down" because what teams are going to give up picks & trade up if this draft is as deep as so many feel?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I still think that getting a dominant O-Lineman in the First Round is mandatory, and I'm leaning back to Drafting Iupati over a player like Davis, unless Williams or Bulaga fall to 13.

I also think that Thomas has a chance to be special and is a no-brainer at 17 for the Niners because of their need and his versatility. Depending on who is taken in the first 12 picks, he may very well be worth the 13th pick as well.

I'd like Spiller or Hayden but I think they shouldn't be valued as high as some of the OT's or even a player like Iupati on the Niner's board, as I believe they can get a quality CB and or Returner in the 2nd Round.

Side note - Anyone else hear the rumors about the Redskins possibly trading Landry for a mid round pick? If there's any truth to it, talk about a good way to solve our need at S.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    Side note - Anyone else hear the rumors about the Redskins possibly trading Landry for a mid round pick? If there's any truth to it, talk about a good way to solve our need at S.
                    New GM is a cap guy so that could be why they are looking to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                      49ers beat writers mock drafts thru 4/20:
                      Matt Barrows #13: Dan Williams, #17 Mike Iupati
                      http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/
                      Actually starting to warm up to Iupati at pick 17.
                      Matt Maiocco #13: Joe Haden, #17 Anthony Davis
                      Dan Brown: #13: Joe Haden, #17 Anthony Davis
                      SF Gate new beat writer David White: #13: Dez Bryant, #17 Anthony Davis
                      Not the most logical mock draft but I would love it.
                      Out of all of those choices, I would go with Bryant and Davis. I wouldnt mind Haden if others im hoping for are gone but I wouldnt draft Williams at 13. Drafting Williams means that Franklin would most likely be gone in a year if not sooner plus also says that yeah, we screwed up on Balmer since it appears that he cant play any damn position. Maybe, we should convert him to an OL and see how he does. He cant do any worse.

As much as I love Spiller and want him to be a 49er, I wouldnt mind Buluga and Iupati at 13/17 if Buluga falls.

Comment

• Schefter just tweeted that we signed LaBoy-- 1 year, $1.6 million. Sounds good to me...

Comment

• Adam Schefter just reported via Twitter that we signed LaBoy to a 1 yr deal worth $1.6 mil.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

I like the pick up. Like Ginn, it's a low-risk, high-reward kind of pick, and it keeps another player away from the Cardinals. :)

It also (like the Pats signing of Holt earlier today) allows the Niners to not have to reach on a pass rusher, taking BPA at their spots when they are on the clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon61 View Post
                            I did not catch that draft special, but after watching a bunch of Joe Haden highlight videos I was really unimpressed. I'm no expert but I can see what those scouts are criticizing him of. In Scott's negatives of him he says that he is slow to react and even I noticed that.

I am really hoping Earl Thomas will fall to us now. If he is not there, the top 4 tackles are gone, and Jimmy Clausen is gone I would say trade down and get Charles Brown/Roger Saffold and Kyle Wilson/Patrick Robinson or just take a guy like Brandon Graham/Sergio Kindle at 13. Or just reach on Wilson at 13
                            I woud have no problem with Thomas if the top 3 OT's, Spiller and Bryant are gone. No way in hell do I want Clausen or ANY QB for that matter. And what about Spiller? If he was there at 13, would you draft him, Graham/Kindle or try to trade down?

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                            I still think that getting a dominant O-Lineman in the First Round is mandatory, and I'm leaning back to Drafting Iupati over a player like Davis, unless Williams or Bulaga fall to 13.

I also think that Thomas has a chance to be special and is a no-brainer at 17 for the Niners because of their need and his versatility. Depending on who is taken in the first 12 picks, he may very well be worth the 13th pick as well.

I'd like Spiller or Hayden but I think they shouldn't be valued as high as some of the OT's or even a player like Iupati on the Niner's board, as I believe they can get a quality CB and or Returner in the 2nd Round.

I agree with you about Iupati. The only three OT's I would draft over him are Okung, Buluga and Williams. I honestly think that Buluga can fall to 13 if KC passes on him for Berry because the only other team that would draft him would be BUF but if Clausen is there, I think BUF drafts who they hope to be their franchise QB.

I think that we can get a good CB in the second round but im not sold on Best/McCluster/McKnight. Their history with injuries scares me especially Best. Two concussions last year alone and thats at the college level. Imagine how many he'll suffer at the pro level. Prefer Spiller over all three of them.

I asked about Landry in the Mock Draft topic but no one answered. Woule he be better than Lewis is at SS? I dont think he would play FS. I wouldnt mind giving up a 4th for him but I wouldnt go any higher.

Comment

• Week 1: Sunday, Sep. 12, at Seattle, 4:15 PM
                              Week 2: Monday, Sep. 20, New Orleans, 8:30 PM
                              Week 3: Sunday, Sep. 26, at Kansas City, 1:00 PM
                              Week 4: Sunday, Oct. 3, at Atlanta, 1:00 PM
                              Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 10, Philadelphia, 8:20 PM
                              Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 17, Oakland, 4:05 PM
                              Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 24, at Carolina, 1:00 PM
                              Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 31, Denver, 1:00 PM
                              Week 9: BYE
                              Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 14, St. Louis, 4:15 PM
                              Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 21, Tampa Bay, 4:05 PM
                              Week 12: Monday, Nov. 29, at Arizona, 8:30 PM
                              Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 5, at Green Bay, 1:00 PM
                              Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 12, Seattle, 4:05 PM
                              Week 15: Thursday, Dec. 16, at San Diego, 8:20 PM
                              Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 26, at St. Louis, 1:00 PM
                              Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 2, Arizona, 4:15 PM

What a ****** schedule

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                What a ****** schedule
                                Doesn't look that bad to me. We do play in the NFC West. Let's keep that in mind. Can't really complain.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information