This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    Bill Walsh > any one ever associated with the NFL, ever.
    I agree 1000% and am I the only one who wishes that the 49ers new stadium would be called the "Bill Walsh Memorial Coliseum"?

I would have the front/entrance of the stadium have these huge pillars from Roman times that give it that coliseum feel and name the stadium aftr Bill Walsh.

**** naming the stadium after some POS company that no one has ever heard of nor cares about.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      I agree 1000% and am I the only one who wishes that the 49ers new stadium would be called the "Bill Walsh Memorial Coliseum"?

I would have the front/entrance of the stadium have these huge pillars from Roman times that give it that coliseum feel and name the stadium aftr Bill Walsh.

**** naming the stadium after some POS company that no one has ever heard of nor cares about.
      I am sure they will have a company possess naming rights to the new stadium, but I would love it were "Bill Walsh Field at [company] Stadium."

The guy did more for the organization than any one, ever.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I think they did discuss a life sized Walsh bronze statue at the entrance of the new stadium on a pedestal, like the Willie Mays one outside the main entrance to Pacbell Park. That would be a capital idea IMO

Comment

• did any of you guys start the voting for the top100 players of all-time on nfl.com?
          San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
          Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
            did any of you guys start the voting for the top100 players of all-time on nfl.com?
            I must've voted for 15-20 minutes. I'm not really a fan of the matchup system theyre using. Its nearly impossible to pick between some and entirely too easy for others. It must be a pretty complex program that will eventually determine the top-100.

Comment

• Both Iupati and Davis are still working with the first team even though both Baas and Snyder are healthy.

Bowman is reportedly looking INSANE since McKillop went down.

Filed under "We saw this coming"... Brandon Jones injured his hamstring.

all per Barrows.

Comment

• It's Bowman time

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  Well having a sponsor can go a long way to paying the bills. Teams don't do it for no reason at all.

By the way I found this on Matt Barrows blog:

There was a Jarrett Brown sighting today! The former West Virginia quarterback hadn't received a single snap in team drills this offseason until today. Working with the third-team offense at the very end of practice, Brown's first pass attempt was thwarted by a strong pass rush (or bad pass protection, a common theme Saturday) and his pass was deflected at the line. His second pass was a dart in the near flat that fellow rookie Kyle Williams snagged out of the air. Brown throws perhaps the prettiest ball of any of the team's quarterbacks and his arm strength rivals Nate Davis'. But he is very much behind in learning the offense, and with coaches trying to give Davis as many snaps as possible, it's difficult to get Brown up to speed.
                  http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/

I really hope we get to see what Jarrett Brown can do this preseason. He's most likely going to the practice squad, but it still wouldn't hurt for him to get some time in a preseason game or two.
                  Last edited by Ness; 08-07-2010, 09:47 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I like Jarrett Brown because he's, given his physic talents, a hell of a project.

Especially if Nate "Fan Obsession" Davis is not picking up the offense fast enough.

Comment

• OLB Ahmed Brooks out 2 weeks with lacerated kidney. Boooooooo.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                        Filed under "We saw this coming"... Brandon Jones injured his hamstring.
                        I will be shocked if Jones is still on the roster after the final cuts especially with his contract. Releasing Jones would save over $11m over four years according to ninercaphell.com. Bye bye.

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        Well having a sponsor can go a long way to paying the bills. Teams don't do it for no reason at all.

By the way I found this on Matt Barrows blog:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/

I really hope we get to see what Jarrett Brown can do this preseason. He's most likely going to the practice squad, but it still wouldn't hurt for him to get some time in a preseason game or two.
                        Yeah, I know but considerng the millions that all the owners earn, yu would think that some of them would sacrifice money especially if it comes to a legend like Bill Walsh. Oh well.

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        I like Jarrett Brown because he's, given his physic talents, a hell of a project.

Especially if Nate "Fan Obsession" Davis is not picking up the offense fast enough.
                        Ness/Brent -

It sounds like you guys are high on Brown and would like to comment but dont know a damn thing about him but will say this - if he's as talented as you guy make him out to be, I WOULDNT play him during the pre-season because if he plays good and doesnt make the final 53, some other team could pick him up for their active roster or their own practice squad. If teams see that you dont play him at all during the pre-season and he doesnt make the final 53, I think that it would be less likely that another team would sign him to their active roster or practice squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                          Well, that sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                            gebus, well at least he'll be back for the first game.

that's a rather extreme injury

Comment

• Just got back from afternoon practice, saw both Carr and Smith run the two minute drill. Alex looked pretty good, but he's checking down A LOT. I don't know if this is by design or because our D is just so good that there is nowhere else to go. When he has some time and steps into his throw he looks pretty good though. Carr didn't look too bad either. Davis and Brown didn't look very good though, both are wildly inconsistent and were terribly inaccurate. Brown didn't take any 7/7 or 11/11 snaps, but Davis did and looked terrible. I'm pretty glad we have Carr at this point. Again, there was a lot of running plays up the middle, but I'm hoping they are going to expand the playbook as TC goes along and go for some more progressive stuff.

Anthony Davis did pretty good on Haralson from what I could tell, but he's not as quick-footed as i expected. I doubt he would make a good LT, but he might be a great fit at RT if he adjusts to that side.

Taylor Mays is big, and fast. Navorro Bowman is fast and explosive as heck, they sent him on blitzes up the middle a lot, and he's a blur. Kyle Williams has the build of a perfect slot WR and PR, he's very quick and jittery; his lower body is a lot thicker than I expected. Williams looked very smooth and natural out there.

Glen Coffee looks huge now, and explosive, it's going to be interesting to see how it translates to the actual games. Ted Ginn looks like a toothpick out there, but he's very fast once he gets reaches top speed, but not as quick and explosive as Williams. Jason Hill looked smooth, but pretty average. Overall the WRs are pretty talented.

Lawson looks more muscular, and he runs like a gazelle, but again he didn't do much in terms of pass rush, we really need Brooks out there; I wasn't impressed by Haralson at all either. RJF is quick as heck for such a big man, and gets a nice push.

Finally, VD and Crabs were dropping balls still. Crabtree had more drops than anyone out there by a long shot. He looks like he's not trying, makes some difficult catches look effortless, then he drops some easy ones. From what I understand, he's been doing it all camp, and he did it last season as well. Its something to keep an eye on. Vernon is a beast but he also dropped some easy ones.

It was pretty fun watching Alex run the two-minute drill, he might be one of those guys that excels in those scenarios. I don't think he threw one incompletion, though a bunch of the passes were short and safe. This team has some question-marks for sure, but there aren't any glaring weaknesses....I see a crapload of potential.

Comment

• just wondering how many people were aware that the V in NoVarro is supposed to be capitalized

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information