X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    Alex Smith has a genius IQ, iirc.
    Pretty close if not true. He graduated with ease and excellent grades in 3 years from Utah; thus why I thought he might have the study-ethic and ability to eventually pick apart defenses mentally before dominating them physically, like Manning routinely does.

Too bad we'll never know how well Alex would have done with same OC and system in place throughout his career, like Manning has had the luxury of.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
      Nate is a junior at Notre Dame. Nick is a freshman at Washington. Nate is definently a better player, Nick was the 3rd string quarterback in high school and actually played vs Michigan lol.

I played against Nate for years before he transfered out of De La Salle (I've gotten several tackles on him).
      I think you mixed them up there

Comment

I think you mixed them up there
        Whoops ya. I mixed up the first sentence too and forgot to edit the rest.

Comment

• I just read that Heitmann is still expected to miss a few more weeks. Am I the only one who thinks that Heitmann and James should have been placed on the PUP list during final cuts?

Comment

• I think James should have been cut during final cuts

Comment

• ^^^^^ Agreed 100% but at the very least, placed on PUP. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                ^^^^^ Agreed 100% but at the very least, placed on PUP. Oh well.
                You can't place guys who were healthy at the start of TC and on the active roster on the PUP list:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physica...ble_to_Perform

I am a little surprised that Coach Sing said that Heitmann won't get his job back from Baas. I think I would rather go with Baas, Heitmann or Synder then Chilo.

Comment

I think James should have been cut during final cuts
                  James should have never been signed. Why he is still on the roster I don't know. Dre Bly should be on the team instead of him. I don't get that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                    You can't place guys who were healthy at the start of TC and on the active roster on the PUP list:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physica...ble_to_Perform

I am a little surprised that Coach Sing said that Heitmann won't get his job back from Baas. I think I would rather go with Baas, Heitmann or Synder then Chilo.
                    Well, that sucks. I definitely would have released James then 100% during final cuts. Hell, I would release him now and sign Briggs off of Denver's practice squad to the active roster replacing James.

I'm not really surprised considering the coaching has been average at best thus far. And while I agree that Baas should stay at center, no way in hell should Rachal start at RG over Snyder or Heitmann. I would much rather see Heitmann because I think his veteran leadership, knowledge and leadership would help out Davis more than Snyder, however, if Snyder plays good this Sunday in KC, then maybe staying with him would be the best decision. The OL didnt give up any sacks on Monday Night so I say keep them as is.

As for Rachal, guy is crap and I personally would trade him before the deadline for the highest draft pick I could get.

Comment

• Here's my Don't Push the Panic Button Yet rant:

ESPN was saying that of the 0-2 NFC teams the 9ers have the best chance of turning it around & seeing a playoff spot. I think they said it b/c of the offensive resurgence to regain the lead Monday & consistency on defense but have to stop the turnovers, while 0-2 Minnesota is dependent on Favre who is showing his age & ankle injury with inconsistent good game followed by awful bad game & Dallas is so self destructive on offense with the worst playcalling in the NFL from Garrett the fanbase is calling for Wade Phillips' firing if they tank in Houston this weekend.

Maybe the fact that the rest of the division is just who we thought they were or just as bad, Seattle doesn't look like a playoff team by any stretch & Zona allowed > 40 points hung on them..... can't say it on the Zona pg b/c that's trolling, but Hey Zona: miss Dansby much? (could also say miss Boldin much? too) & St.Louis although improved is still the cellar dweller.

Comment

• Yeah, with a good draft/offseason next year, I actually see the Rams challenging to give the Niners the most trouble in the division next season. I think Bradford's the real deal and he'll improve if they can continue to build around him.

AZ misses their players gone in FA, trades, and Warner's retirement. They still have a few elite guys in Fitz, Dockett, Adrian Wilson and Calais Campbell will continue to become a force. A lot of their future success will reside in the health of Beanie Wells and the future of their QB position (if one of their two good looking rookies can become 'the guy').

This is the Niners division to win for the next year or two at least as they have the most talented team; they just have to learn how to win by playing consistent and to not beat themselves.

Their "shoot-themselves-in-the-foot-and-then-repeat" offensive strategy isn't working through the first couple of games, especially in the red zone.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Let me be the 1st to start the new QB sweepstakes bandwagon rolling.

It's either take a small gamble with Locker, a bigggggg gamble with Mallett, a bigger one with Ponder or tank another yr. with Singletary's replacement granted a 1st yr cushion & take local fave Stanford forthcoming Heisman winner Andrew Luck in 2012.

Too soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            Here's my Don't Push the Panic Button Yet rant:

ESPN was saying that of the 0-2 NFC teams the 9ers have the best chance of turning it around & seeing a playoff spot.
                            Boy was ESPN -- & me -- dead wrong.

There are fundamental OL problems that should've been resolved in camp. And that's on the coaching staff.

What were all those silly dramatics at the end, put 3 secs back on the clock? WTF other than his hubris, pride & manhood was the coach trying to salvage at that point? They got their asses handed to them today in KC, no ifs, &s or buts.....

Comment

• Time to press panic buttons!!!

Sing is on the hot seat....Alex Smith can't handle the pressure....our offense sucks despites of big names like Gore, Davis, Crabtree, Morgan and Westbrook....the so called defense can't hold Cassell, a QB who had 2 awful games and nfl writers said throught week that chiefs might cut him after 2010.

We must make a big push on SuperBowl coaches like John Gruden, Bill Cohwer to bounce back to playoff's bandwagon.
                              Last edited by NIMV; 09-26-2010, 06:30 PM.
                              A new champions generation has born!

Comment

• The whole coaching staff needs to be fired. Jimmy Raye doesn't know anything other than runs up the middle and long developing pass plays, Greg Manusky plays it way too conservatively and does not change his gameplan even when it clearly is not working, and Singletary is a complete joke all the way around. With this much talent this team should not look like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information