This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
    49ers will put in claim for Shawne Merriman (if/when he hits waivers)
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ans-next-team/

He looked slow last season and has been banged up the last 3 seasons. $3 million is a lot and wonder who gets pushed out of the rotation.
    I read this earlier today too. I hope it doesnt happen. If it does, management doesnt have a clue as to what they should be doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      Yes, im aware of that but the difference is that Mora is a veteran DC, not a position coach being an OC/DC/HC for the first time.

I want veteran coaches who know what they're doing. Not position coaches who are just happy to have a shot at being the OC/DC/HC.
      Understandable. I doubt the Yorks would shell out the cash to get that kind of person in here though. They'd rather promote from within.

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      I read this earlier today too. I hope it doesnt happen. If it does, management doesnt have a clue as to what they should be doing.
      We should have given Briggs a chance. Shawne Merriman is over the hill and hasn't amounted to anything in more than two seasons. Banged up players usually stay banged up.
      Last edited by Ness; 10-18-2010, 12:40 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness
        Understandable. I doubt the Yorks would shell out the cash to get that kind of person in here though. They'd rather promote from within.
        I have said it before and I'll say it again. Until management goes back to the past, our beloved 49ers will never ever get back to the playoffs. That means back to basics. An offensive head coach, an OC and DC that know what they're doing and back to the WCO and a QB who knows how to run it. *cough mcnabb cough*

If that means them spending a lot of money, they should because if they dont, its just a matter of time until games get blacked out, the stadium is half full and fans quit caring. I dont want another crapper. We've had three Since Mariucci and I think almost ten years later, its time for some huge and major upgrades.

Originally posted by Ness
        We should have given Briggs a chance. Shawne Merriman is over the hill and hasn't amounted to anything in more than two seasons. Banged up players usually stay banged up.
        I agree 100% and if this happens, im going to be so pissed off. Instead of paying Merriman over $3m, they should use that money towards re-signing Lawson but thats just me.

And people here wonder why I always post my dream coaches or rosters. It's because thats the only fun im having with the 49ers. Hopefully, ownership/management wake the **** up!!!

Comment

• I'm not extremely excited about Shawne Merriman either but we TRULY need to stop the blind love for Diyral Briggs.

Only 4 teams have fewer sacks than the Denver Broncos and all 4 of those teams have played 1 fewer game. They have 7 sacks in 6 games. Of those 7 sacks only 2.5 of them came from the OLB position. So yeah, for as much as most 49ers fans hate Parys Haralson he has more sacks than the Broncos' OLB's COMBINED. Their OLB's sack numbers are as follows...

Robert Ayers - 1.5
          Jason Hunter - 1.0
          Jarvis Moss - 0.0
          Kevin Alexander - 0.0

Perhaps the greatest collection of 3/4 OLB's in the League, right? Briggs can't even make THAT 53-man roster.

He may become a player down the road, but he's just not ready yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            I have said it before and I'll say it again. Until management goes back to the past, our beloved 49ers will never ever get back to the playoffs. That means back to basics. An offensive head coach, an OC and DC that know what they're doing and back to the WCO and a QB who knows how to run it. *cough mcnabb cough*
            *couch Mcnabb blows, even with one of the best Offensive coaches ever, in a system he's already comfortable in cough*

Comment

• Hey guys, I need your help. I going to be the 49ers GM for a mock draft and I just wanted to get your input on needs and whatnot.

I know the 49ers #1 need is a QB, but what are other needs? CB, S, OG, ILB, 3-4 OLB, 3-4 DE? In what order?

Also, which players would you consider tradeable?

Thanks in advance.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac
                I'm not extremely excited about Shawne Merriman either but we TRULY need to stop the blind love for Diyral Briggs.

Only 4 teams have fewer sacks than the Denver Broncos and all 4 of those teams have played 1 fewer game. They have 7 sacks in 6 games. Of those 7 sacks only 2.5 of them came from the OLB position. So yeah, for as much as most 49ers fans hate Parys Haralson he has more sacks than the Broncos' OLB's COMBINED. Their OLB's sack numbers are as follows...

Robert Ayers - 1.5
                Jason Hunter - 1.0
                Jarvis Moss - 0.0
                Kevin Alexander - 0.0

Perhaps the greatest collection of 3/4 OLB's in the League, right? Briggs can't even make THAT 53-man roster.

He may become a player down the road, but he's just not ready yet.
                Ther reason why we're so pissed about Briggs being signed to Denver is because we should have given him a chance and we never did. You will never know how any player does unless he's given the chance and thats what I hate about the coaching staff and management. Look at our rookie RB Dixon, he's barely played during the season and I cant figure out why. Let the guy play. Let's see what he can do in games that matter. Same with Nate Davis. I would still love to see him get the final eight games to see what he can do. Even if he does bad or horrible and we lose games, it will still be a positive because it would put us in far better position to draft Locker.

As for Denver, you're talking about a HC who traded away a franchise QB and franchise WR and who doesnt know what te hell he's doing. Plus, Dumervil is on IR so that definitely adds to their LB core being crappy because he would be a main focus but since he's on IR, offenses arent worried about the LB core.

Originally posted by binary
                *couch Mcnabb blows, even with one of the best Offensive coaches ever, in a system he's already comfortable in cough*
                McNabb blows??? He has a better QB rating than Smith does and Davis>Cooley, Crabtree>Moss, Morgan>Galloway, Gore>whoever and our OL>Redskins OL.

Personally, I think McNabb is doing better than anyone thought he would considering his best WR is nearing the end, his TE his good but got injured, has no running game and his OL is crap.

Of course, you would rather stay with Smith and Johnson instead of McNabb and Mornhinweg if you had the choice of which to pick so im in a losing argument either way.

And you said you would keep Smith if he gets a 90 qb rating right??? Mine as well just say that you would let him leave or trade him by tomorrow because with a crappy 74 QB rating, he's not getting anywhere near 90. LOL.

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                Hey guys, I need your help. I going to be the 49ers GM for a mock draft and I just wanted to get your input on needs and whatnot.

I know the 49ers #1 need is a QB, but what are other needs? CB, S, OG, ILB, 3-4 OLB, 3-4 DE? In what order?

Thanks in advance.
                As of right now, top three needs going into the 2011 draft are -

1) QB
                2) CB
                3) 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB, 3-4 ILB, RG*

* - This all depends on who the HC and DC will be in 2011. CB though remains the top priority after QB regardless.

Tradable players -

Me personally, I try to trade Smith, Westbrook, Rachal, Spikes, Clements and Goldson before tomorrow. Lawson too if management decides to let him leave as an UFA in March And if we do get Merriman, im guessing they will keep Merriman over Lawson which makes no ******* sense whatsoever but then again, look at the management and coaching staff we're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                  Hey guys, I need your help. I going to be the 49ers GM for a mock draft and I just wanted to get your input on needs and whatnot.

Thanks in advance.
                  QB is obviously the #1 need right now but that could change. If it continues to be the #1 need then the 49ers will go for Locker or Luck, whichever is available, and if neither is there then I think they will so for BPA at any position other than RB, ILB, and OT.

Comment

• If we can get him for cheap, i say **** it, sign Merriman.

Our only pass rush right now is Travis LaBoy.

Comment

• $3 Mil for Merriman a couple seasons ago would be a steal - now it seems like more of a risk, especially if he reportedly doesn't have the Niners on his list poof top 3 teams (Cowgirls, Fins & Ravens). I would think that they claim him (as that's the only way he'll go to Frisco) and then take a long look at him. If they don't see anything they like they can simply release him without paying much salary. If they think he can play, then they got him on the cheap.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I have no problem with bringing in Merriman for $3 million a year. That is basically nothing in the NFL and if he can finally put Haralson on the bench then I am all for it.

Comment

• I don't care how millionaires spend their money. If he helps the team, I'm all for it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Merriman cant even help the Chargers so how the **** is he going to help us??? What is with you guys always wanted players who suck? You guys bash me for the Barlow's, Rumph's, Plummer's, etc. but yet wouldnt mind paying over $3m for Merriman who'll be a UFA in March anyway??? That makes no sense. Merriman has SUCKED since he stopped using steroids and that was the only reason why he was any good to begin with.

NOTE TO SF MANAGEMENT - Use that $3m towards re-signing Lawson you stupid mother ******* morons!!!

Comment

• Merriman 2008 - 2010

18 games played
                              16 games started
                              44 tackles
                              32 solo tackles
                              4 sacks

And you guys want to play this crapper over $3m for that?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Lawson is gone because he wants top OLB money. Let's be real, Dan, $3mm isnt going to keep him here. Millionaires who couldn't give any less of a **** what you think who want to pay him are going to whether or not you *****. Just accept that your opinion means **** to the ownership.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information