Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking that Luck doesn't come out, Buffalo takes Locker and we're ****** again.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• How did Mays play today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        How did Mays play today?
        not good, pretty bad actually. He's young though.

Comment

• Nate Davis might start next week, Dan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent
            Nate Davis might start next week, Dan.
            Isnt Davis still on the practice squad? If so, we'll have to release/waive a player in order to elevate Davis to the active roster unless Smith goes on IR which wouldnt surprise me. I would start Carr though in England. Give Davis three weeks and have him start at home against the Rams after the bye.

Comment

• So does Sing make it past the bye week if they lose to Denver?

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                So does Sing make it past the bye week if they lose to Denver?
                Yes; what difference would his firing make other than a symbolic one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  Yes; what difference would his firing make other than a symbolic one?
                  Makes zero difference on what they do at this point but seeing Maiocco's latest on csn about ownership group not happy about coaching staff, rumors of Sing's job security few weeks ago, and Jed York's text message I could see him making a move at the bye.

Comment

• if they fire him, it will be a total waste. let him crash and burn this thing entirely so that they dont end up hiring some interim coach again.

Comment

• They could hold a fan contest and let rich idiots bid for the right to coach the team each week. The Yorks could put that money towards paying for a non-discount rate coach this time around.

Comment

• Any word on Alex Smith's injury?

I think we should start Troy Smith next week..if he bombs it (most likely will), then start Davis after the bye week.

Why did the niners even sign Carr? I didn't think it was possible to be that bad in the NFL.

Comment

• Singletary will consider promoting Nate Davis to the active roster. Good.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            if they fire him, it will be a total waste. let him crash and burn this thing entirely so that they dont end up hiring some interim coach again.
                            Agree would rather just let everything flameout instead of doing what we did with two years ago with Sing. Need (another) fresh start.

A few interesting tweets by Barrows
                            @alejandroreyes what's the likelihood that Sing gets the boot?
                            @mattbarrows... Don't see it. But after game in London seems ideal. Bye week, Giants in the World Series, media on way back from England. Perfect timing

@androog Seriously though, if theyre embarrassed in london it's another Nolan-like ditching, right?
                            @mattbarrows: book it

@SFMully replaced by Manusky or Johnson? Seems better to ride out season and sack Sing then.
                            @mattbarrows: York wants to show he's not content w/ losing
                            I could see Jed being gutless enough to can Sing now to avoid having to face the local press compared to having to do it in the off season where nothing is going on sportswise in the Bay Area.

Matt also thinks they will go with Manusky if Sing is canned.

Comment

• Look like the defensive-minded Nolan era is FINALLY coming to an end, thank god.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                                Agree would rather just let everything flameout instead of doing what we did with two years ago with Sing. Need (another) fresh start.

A few interesting tweets by Barrows

I could see Jed being gutless enough to can Sing now to avoid having to face the local press compared to having to do it in the off season where nothing is going on sportswise in the Bay Area.

Matt also thinks they will go with Manusky if Sing is canned.
                                One of my fears in this scenario is that Manusky wins a few pointless December games, inspires the fanbase, and we make him our fulltime HC, setting us back 2 years at least. AKA a repeat of 2008 with Nolan/Singletary.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information