This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    I think he'd be down if he thought he could get Andrew Luck.
    That needs to be a condition in his contract, "Must bring Andrew Luck and Owen Marecic with you."
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
      Other than QB, whats you next biggest need?
      corner for sure.

also, i am a fan of Baalke, as a personnel man. Maybe someone can be brought in as a GM, but i like the moves and players that Baalke has drafted.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
        corner for sure.

also, i am a fan of Baalke, as a personnel man. Maybe someone can be brought in as a GM, but i like the moves and players that Baalke has drafted.
        He has an extremely small sample size and none of the players he brought in are making an impact...although i think Davis and Iupati could be good starters down the road. I think most of the other players like Williams, Adams, Byham, and Dixon could look solid under new coaching. Not so sure about Mays and Bowman. Regardless, we need a total change at the top. New HC, new GM. Baalke can stay as VP of Player Personnel.
        Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 11-23-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
          corner for sure.

His Draft has far less head scratchier picks than any Scotty Mac Draft but the rookie class isn't making an overwhelming impact. I believe that this Draft class will be a good one for sure once they are allowed to grow with experience and aren't so badly mismanaged by the coaching staff, which I believe in part is dwarfing their talent.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• The Anthony Davis pick has been an extreme flop SO FAR, let's just admit that. We traded up for him when Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas were still on the board. The question is, was Davis a Baalke pick or a Sing pick? It really reeeeeks hardcore of Sing. Sing might've forced it and wanted a smashmouth RT, and that's what he thought Davis was, he didn't care about his deficiencies as a pass blocker. I distinctly remember Sing meeting with Anthony Davis and so forth, it seems like he had him pinpointed.

Barrows speaks pretty highly of Baalke, from what I can tell Baalke thinks our Offense is far too one dimensional as well. I would keep him around, but I don't he's GM material.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
              The Anthony Davis pick has been an extreme flop SO FAR, let's just admit that. We traded up for him when Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas were still on the board. The question is, was Davis a Baalke pick or a Sing pick? It really reeeeeks hardcore of Sing. Sing might've forced it and wanted a smashmouth RT, and that's what he thought Davis was, he didn't care about his deficiencies as a pass blocker. I distinctly remember Sing meeting with Anthony Davis and so forth, it seems like he had him pinpointed.

Barrows speaks pretty highly of Baalke, from what I can tell Baalke thinks our Offense is far too one dimensional as well. I would keep him around, but I don't he's GM material.
              Dont get me started on the trade up to get Davis. What a crappy move thus far. Seems to be Kwame Harris part two and thats obviously not a good thing. RT wise, I was hoping for Bryan Buluga. Other than him, I was hoping for Earl Thomas or Dez Bryant. Team should have stayed we they were, drafted Iupati at 13 and then Bryant or Buluga at 17. And thats all Singletary in my opinion.

Rumors going around about Homgren wanting to coach again. If he does and leaves CLE, would anyone object to bringing him back to SF???

Comment

• It's one thing to see a player progress throughout a season. Davis looks the complete opposite, and I think he's been getting worse.

If he's this bad going from a college schedule to a NFL schedule, I don't want to think about what happens if the NFL adds 2 more games to the season.

Comment

• I'd also like to point out that the Mays pick is looking like garbage right now as well. He looks just as stiff as advertised, and he hasn't shown anything in terms of making plays in coverage. I think the best we could hope for with Mays is a bootleg Laron Landry, if that. So we're looking at two potential busts in the first round in Davis and Mays...and the Iupati pick wasn't even very astute, it was kind of a no-brainer, low-risk pick.

Comment

• it's been less than one season, relax guys.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Seriously. It's waaaayyyy too early to evaluate this Draft class. Anthony Davis is very young and raw. He needs some time to adjust to the speed of NFL OLB and DEs coming off the edge. He's not even our worst lineman *cough* Rachal *cough*. I think Mays, Bowman, Byham will continue to improve as well. It was good to see Kyle Williams get a couple punt returns last week. I think he could develop into an excellent slot WR if used correctly by an OC. He's a better option in the future than alligator-arm Ted Ginn, who Dolphins fans warned us about and has proven that he doesn't want to be tackled - ever.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Speaking of this rookie class.....Something I noticed in Sunday's latest 49er disaster (skunked @ home for the 1st time in damn decades), they got no help from the rookies.

Mays, Davis, Iupati, either underwhelming, going through the motions, or just plain fail. And there was a noticeable quit in the 4th qtr when they joined the rest of the team in locker room full of quit.

Got to ask some questions: what do rookies need? Leadership, direction, COACHING.

And why the quit? Who were they quitting on? Their fans who were leaving & booing? The Yorks who hired the FO & coaches? Their coaches? Bingo, you got it.

The 9ers roster is smarter than you might think, they know very well there is a lack of confidence in the coaches & a lot of them won't be here next yr. They realize full well the team mismanagement & not using the assets to their best advantage, especially on offense. The players who want to go elsewhere already made their minds up sometime in the 1st half of this dismal season. And it's a given that Rachal will get cut 1st thing after wk. 17; OL reshuffling & rebuilding is already underway & will continue with FA & the next draft.

Kudos to workhorse Gore, who didnt quit, it's simply not p/o his nature. Troy was trying but spending too much time in rolling out, buying time to throw but was obvious hindered by an ultraconservative gameplan that wouldn't let him air it out & a lackluster OL. They need a better effort from the veterans to motivate the rookie starters.
                        Last edited by LizardState; 11-24-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• The draft class has been underwhelming so far, that much is obvious. But its still too early to tell. The reason its an important topic is because we're about to fire our HC and it makes sense to go with a total rebuild, ie a new GM as well. The question Jed should (needs to) ask: Is this draft class good enough to keep Baalke and bypass other FO opportunities? Keep in mind, Baalke basically got the job by default.
                          Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 11-24-2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• I'm not going to blame Baalke whatsoever because the draft was all Singletary. You can tell just by the first round alone. Two power offensive lineman to play in Singletary's power running scheme. The entire draft was all Singletary. Once McCloughan was out, Singletary gained all his power and ability to control the draft and roster. Basically, it was a power play and it hasnt worked out at all.

For the rookies, im hoping Davis does become a good RT. If Buluga becomes better, im going to be pissed off. Mays would be better with a DC who knows how to use his strengths and hide his weaknesses. He seems like the rookie version of Michael Lewis. I think Bowman will be good next to Willis or outside in a 4-3. Would like to see Dixon get playing time to see if he can pick up where he left off in the pre-season while at the same time, giving Gore some much needed rest.

I had an awesome idea earlier today that I know isnt going to happen but how about this -

Baalke goes back to the position he was at before being the dummy GM.
                            We get Holmgren as our GM if he decides to leave CLE.
                            Holmgren hires Jon Gruden as the HC.
                            Gruden hires Mornhinweg as our OC.

Dont know about DC but offensively, would that be ******* awesome or what??? And if we cant score points and dominate the NFC west with those three offensive minds, team mine as well just quit the NFL.

Comment

• Baalke is VP of Player Personnel, we can probably hire a GM and keep Baalke where he is. And Holmgren, Gruden, and Morningwheg is an offensive dream team. It would also bring us back to the WCO, which is what i support. Not very realistic to get all 3 though.If we stick with the 3-4, we could hire Wade Phillips. If we go to a 4-3, we could go after John Fox.

Here's an article on our offensive fail

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/P...49ERS-29819962

One experienced 49ers player said the team's offense "doesn't make adjustments like other teams." One former player said it looks as if "there's no backup plan." Another current player joked that his family members sometimes know what play the 49ers are going to run, except he wasn't smiling.
                              Any guesses as to who the players are? My guesses

Experienced- Brian Westbrook
                              Former- Michael Robinson
                              Current- ? Maybe Vernon Davis

Anyways, just shows what a sad thing our offense has become. From the glory days to this. Offensive coaching staff needs a complete overhaul. Only coach i support keeping on offense is TE coach Pete Hoener.
                              Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 11-25-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Sounds a lot like the team I'm playing for currently. We do good until halftime when the opposing coach gets gets time to scheme against we're doing. We do nothing different when that happens and lose in the 2nd half.

Our coach was fired this past weekend.. crossing fingers?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information