QB Jamie Martin
    QB J.T. O'Sullivan
    R Allen Rossum
    TE Sean Ryan
    LB Takeo Spikes
    CB Donald Strickland

Exclusive rights
    Fb Zak Keasy

Who do you guys think we should bring back?
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
      49ers free agent list

Unrestricted

TE Billy Bajema
      T Damane Duckett
      DE Ronald Fields
      RB Deshaun Foster
      LB Rod Green
      WR Bryant Johnson
      QB Jamie Martin
      QB J.T. O'Sullivan
      R Allen Rossum
      TE Sean Ryan
      LB Takeo Spikes
      CB Donald Strickland

Exclusive rights
      Fb Zak Keasy

In bold.

Actually, the only guys I think are musts are Rossum, Spikes, Johnson and I guess Bajema. But I'd take the other bolded ones if we can't find anyone better.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
        In bold.

Actually, the only guys I think are musts are Rossum, Spikes, Johnson and I guess Bajema. But I'd take the other bolded ones if we can't find anyone better.
        I would agree with you. I also really like what Sean Ryan brought to the table as a blocker.

Comment

• Rathman's interviewed for and allegedly agreed to take on the position of RB coach. Great Hire. :D

http://49ers.com/blog49/?p=394
          http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...k-in-san-fran/

Bring on Frank '09.

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
            Rathman's interviewed for and allegedly agreed to take on the position of RB coach. Great Hire. :D

Bring on Frank '09.
            Effin awesome!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75
              49ers free agent list

Unrestricted

TE Billy Bajema
              T Damane Duckett
              DE Ronald Fields
              RB Deshaun Foster
              LB Rod Green
              WR Bryant Johnson
              QB Jamie Martin
              QB J.T. O'Sullivan
              R Allen Rossum
              TE Sean Ryan
              LB Takeo Spikes
              CB Donald Strickland

Exclusive rights
              Fb Zak Keasy

I would bring back TE Billy Bajema, DT Ronald Fields, OLB Roderick Green, WR Bryant Johnson and ILB Takeo Spikes. I would let the rest leave.

Comment

Rathman's interviewed for and allegedly agreed to take on the position of RB coach. Great Hire. :D

Bring on Frank '09.
                Thatta boy Sing! This probably made my day
                Originally posted by Babylon
                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Bring on Frank '09.
                  Awesome! I was really hoping Rathman would come back to SF

Also:
                  The Seahawks' next offensive coordinator will be Greg Knapp, according to NFL.com's Adam Schefter.
                  Glad we dodged that bullet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                    49ers free agent list

Unrestricted

TE Billy Bajema
                    T Damane Duckett
                    DE Ronald Fields
                    RB Deshaun Foster
                    LB Rod Green
                    WR Bryant Johnson
                    QB Jamie Martin
                    QB J.T. O'Sullivan
                    R Allen Rossum
                    TE Sean Ryan
                    LB Takeo Spikes
                    CB Donald Strickland

Exclusive rights
                    Fb Zak Keasy

UFA’s
                    TE Billy Bajema- Re-sign (or else I am forced to change my handle)
                    OT Damane Ducket- Hope they give up on him. Hasn’t shown any progress
                    DL Ronald Fields- Would like to re-sign but he might land a nice deal on the market
                    RB DeShuan Foster- Re-sign but look to upgrade
                    LB Roderick Green- Re-sign, see if he can win spot in TC
                    WR Bryant Johnson- Look to upgrade but if he has no market re-sign.
                    QB Jamie Martin- No
                    QB JT O’Sulivan- No
                    RET Allen Rossum- Re-sign
                    TE Sean Ryan- Re-sign if Bajema leaves
                    LB Takeo Spikes- Re-sign
                    CB Donald Strickland- Re-sign

Exlusive Free Agent
                    FB Zak Keasey- Re-sign but look to sign either Norris or Weaver on the open market, to play FB, and have Keasey fight for a spot on ST.

Comment

• Little bit late on the Free safety debate, but what do you guys think of bringing in a vet free agent FS like Brian Dawkins or Darren Sharper. Sure these guys are both on the downside of their careers, but it seems that this staff seems to really value having a heady vet at the FS position to make sure everyone is in the right position. Both guys would be a huge upgrade over our current FS situation and both guys would come on the cheap (B Dawk only made $2 million base salary last year).

This solution would also enable us to buy some more time to develop our own home grown talent to move into the FS position. I am thinking guys like Reggie Smith or Goldson.

Not so much that I am against the idea of drafting a Taylor Mays, but I would much rather draft an elite RT and be set at the tackle position.

Comment

Bring on Frank '09.
                        That made my day too great hire.

Originally posted by no love View Post
                        Little bit late on the Free safety debate, but what do you guys think of bringing in a vet free agent FS like Brian Dawkins or Darren Sharper. Sure these guys are both on the downside of their careers, but it seems that this staff seems to really value having a heady vet at the FS position to make sure everyone is in the right position. Both guys would be a huge upgrade over our current FS situation and both guys would come on the cheap (B Dawk only made $2 million base salary last year).

This solution would also enable us to buy some more time to develop our own home grown talent to move into the FS position. I am thinking guys like Reggie Smith or Goldson.

Not so much that I am against the idea of drafting a Taylor Mays, but I would much rather draft an elite RT and be set at the tackle position.
                        No reason to bring in a stop gap player. The only way these guys are going to get better is by playing them. Reggie Smith or Tarrell Brown will be Walt's successor. Fs needs to be adressed in the draft.
                        Last edited by Menardo75; 01-08-2009, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by no love View Post
                          Little bit late on the Free safety debate, but what do you guys think of bringing in a vet free agent FS like Brian Dawkins or Darren Sharper. Sure these guys are both on the downside of their careers, but it seems that this staff seems to really value having a heady vet at the FS position to make sure everyone is in the right position. Both guys would be a huge upgrade over our current FS situation and both guys would come on the cheap (B Dawk only made $2 million base salary last year).

If we're going to bring in a vet, it should be Atogwe who still has plenty of games left in him. I'm a huge Dawkins fan, but there's no reason to bring him in on his last legs.
                          Originally posted by Babylon
                          It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• 75 TCKLS 3 SCKS 1 INT 6 FF is pretty good for a guy on his last legs...

Seriously, I love Dawkins as well, but would rather stay young/younger at most positions with the core of players we have right now.

Dawkins is 35, but he seems to me to be the type of player that could have 2 to 3 more productive years in him, if he wants to that is.

Comment

• Dawkins is an awesome FS, but he's not a good fit for the Niners. They need someone to add to the young core who can grow with them. If the Niners were "one guy away" on the verge of a championship, then Dawkins would have to be considered, but as we know, that's not the current state of the team.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I guess I just value the presence of veterans on the team. Most likely Spikes is going to leave, I think Dawkins would fill that outspoken leader position very nicely. That is if we do go for youth at ILB next to Willis.

I am not sold on Mays at the #10 spot and would much rather use that pick on a passrusher or RT. But I am always more interested in a front 7 guy as far as high draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information