Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fine. I'm done talking about it. No problem.

    "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

    Comment


    • updated mock draft:

      1. this can be one or the other
      qb - ryan mallet or trade stock up on 2-4 picks go after jake locker/ricky stanzi
      cb - prince akukamara
      dt - marcell dareus or stephen paea

      2. wr - devier posey or austin pettis
      qb - in the event one was passed on pat devlin or nick foles if he comes out

      3. c - michael brewster - sf needs a young legit center since hietman is always hurt
      g - mike pouncey - g ( anyone over rachael or bass )
      t - darious morris - can play both guard or tackle

      i'll do rounds 4-7 later today

      Comment


      • I really don't think WR should be a pick any where in our draft, unless it's something crazy like A.J. Green falling to us picking at 15 or something.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
          Troy has a much better chance of sticking around over Alex next year.
          I disagree. If you were a new coach coming in would you rather have a backup that has proven over the past couple of years that he can be an average QB with moments of greatness or a QB that has proven he is awful?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
            moments of greatness
            I can't think of one. Has it really been so long since we've had a GOOD QB that we are satisfied with what nonsense is on this team?

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Brent View Post
              and clearly the answer is the giant douche.
              Wouldn't that actually be an under-sized giant douche? :/


              #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


              "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                I can't think of one. Has it really been so long since we've had a GOOD QB that we are satisfied with what nonsense is on this team?
                I know. Sad.

                "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                  LOL so you admit you have a bias for Alex Smith. That is truly sad. Again, I never said Troy was a great player. But compared to Alex Smith, he's the better option. I'm not crowning him or even sticking up for him. I just prefer him to start over Alex because I think he's better. But you're so blind you believe that this translates to some kind of bias for Troy Smith. Sounds like you're just upset that your boy Alex that you have an admitted bias for is going down in flames. No one is up in arms about Alex Smith being benched for anyone at this point. Why would they be? He's terrible. Troy is too, but he's a better option.

                  I won't provide excuses for Troy if he plays bad. Because I don't use excuses like you do for Alex. I just state facts. Which is that he wasn't here for training camp. And I can't believe you just said it didn't matter that he wasn't here for training camp. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard you say honestly. You can't just flip flop teams and assume that a quarterback is going to know 100% of the playbook and be in sync with all of the players and receivers. That's ******** logic. This isn't Madden. And Alex staying here is not 50/50 LOL. His ass is gone. But keep telling yourself that. I'll be sure to rub it in your face the day he is released. Rest assured. And before you rebuttle, no I don't care if Troy Smith is released.
                  In comparison to Troy, yeah I do. Just like you prefer Troy, I prefer Alex. I just dont see how he's a better option than Alex. What makes him a better option? I'm not upset about Troy starting over Alex. If anything, that makes me happy because we should lose and have a higher draft pick. And both are terrible but Troy is the better option? I still dont see how Troy is the better option but whatever.

                  What excuses have I used for Alex? Everything that I (and others) have posted are true, its not bullcrap. And Troy not being a 49er during TC and pre-season cant be a big deal because if it was, Singletary wouldnt have signed him onto the active roster and demote Davis to the practice squad so when you think about it that way, Troy not being here at that time doesnt matter which in-turn means that you cant use that as an excuse which is what you're doing.

                  As for Alex and Troy not being here in 2011, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Both are UFA's by the way.

                  And since you agreed not to argue about Alex/Troy anymore, I'll do the same starting now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    I can't think of one. Has it really been so long since we've had a GOOD QB that we are satisfied with what nonsense is on this team?
                    I can. After having an argument with Sing, he comes back to pass two TD's and bring the 49ers back against he Eagles earlier this year. Granted, his lost fumble was horrible and a stupid decision, him putting that behind him to come back and throw two more TD passes shows that if he actually had a good coaching staff that he would be good.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      I can. After having an argument with Sing, he comes back to pass two TD's and bring the 49ers back against he Eagles earlier this year. Granted, his lost fumble was horrible and a stupid decision, him putting that behind him to come back and throw two more TD passes shows that if he actually had a good coaching staff that he would be good.
                      no, it shows that he cant win games that he should win if he's as good as you suggest. fumbling isnt a result of bad coaching, nor are bad throws.

                      Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        no, it shows that he cant win games that he should win if he's as good as you suggest. fumbling isnt a result of bad coaching, nor are bad throws.
                        Word. I don't care for moral victories or accomplishments. The fact is Alex didn't win the game. The sack and fumble plus the interception towards the end were mistakes the team couldn't overcome. No one is going to remember his "almost" comebacks that he's had. I think dan77733 should go make a poll about it though...just in case people do remember.
                        Last edited by Ness; 12-25-2010, 08:15 PM.

                        "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          Word. I don't care for moral victories or accomplishments. The fact is Alex didn't win the game. The sack and fumble plus the interception towards the end were mistakes the team couldn't overcome. No one is going to remember his "almost" comebacks that he's had.
                          They will be remembered as what they were, brief moments of greatness

                          Comment


                          • OK we all know either two QB s are not fit for the game maybe Troy is better fit for a back up until he can look the play book and had a better arm .His accuracy is pretty good.However, its only the rams tho.We still need to draft a QB April in the first rond either Locker or Mallet IMO . if not wait until the third to go after Stanzi . I just want this horrible season over .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                              They will be remembered as what they were, brief moments of greatness
                              That doesn't really matter. Tommy Maddox's entire 2002 season was a brief moment of greatness. Or Timmy Smith's performance in the Super Bowl. But no one talks about them. Because overall they were inconsistent and didn't accomplish much in the long run.
                              Last edited by Ness; 12-25-2010, 05:37 PM.

                              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                That doesn't really matter. Tommy Maddox's entire 2002 season was a brief moment of greatness. Or Timmy Smith's performance in the Super Bowl. But no one talks about them. Because overall they were inconsistent and didn't accomplish much in the long run.
                                I agree that it is irrelevant if you are talking about a QB being a starter but we are talking about which one is more likely to stick around as a backup. Like I said, do you think a new coach would rather have a mediocre backup QB with moments of greatness or just a mediocre backup QB?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information