• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HC - Jon Gruden/Jim Harabaugh
    OC - Josh Mcdaniels
    DC - Wade Philips

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
      Okay. The guy still didn't get it done. Here we're talking about "it's not his fault" (which is always the case with Alex) instead of a victory. Unfortunately that is the reality in the NFL. No one is going to remember that Davis screwed up with the block, they'll just remember Smith screwing up. If the quarterback is the one to take all the glory, he is going to be the one to take most of the blame. Not saying it's right, but I am saying that is how it is. I'm quite tired of the excuses with Alex. There have been enough for the last six years. Time to move on.
      I thought nobody was going to remember Alex's "almost-comebacks"...

Comment

• i'm ok with a general manager & new front office in sf. i mean why not? what's currently in place has not worked since the last 5-7 seasons.
        someone like Mike Holmgren or someone from the New England Pats organization that has a clue to setup a team & draft players that fit the team would be ideal.

head coach:
        Jon Gruden or Mike Holmgren have got to the choices here
        both are bay guys & make the most sense.

oc:
        Josh Mcdaniels or Brad Childress ( Cam Cameron would be ideal imo )
        we need an identity on the offensive side of the ball - we throwing or physical w/ F?

dc:
        Wade Phillips or Leslie Frazier
        one of these guys again would be great to lead the defense. sf needs to overhaul on both sides of the ball

i'm interested to know what happens like everyone else on this forum. first thing...i hope we establish a front office that's competent, a offensive coach, and get a relevant quaterback. we have a young team, i'm hopeful with the right coach & qb on board we can get back to winning ways.

Comment

• KNBR's twitter feed says Singletary has been fired. Going to be an interesting night. I hope they go with Tomsula as the one game coach......not that it matters. Would like to see them get Nate Davis out there just to see him play and to help insure that SF locks up a top 5 pick.

Comment

• why would you fire him with one week left?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I wouldnt fire Sing now either because you're basically firing two guys within eight days of each other. Sing and the guy who replaces him for a week. Makes no sense if that actually happens but then again, at this point, would that really surprise anyone?

I'm hoping Holmgren returns as GM with Gruden as the HC. OC wise, I would think that they would go after Childress or someone else who runs the WCO.

DC wise, Phillips would be great if we stay with the 3-4. Dont see Frazier as our next DC because he would have to take a demotion from what he is now. He'll either be the permanent HC in MIN or be gone altogether.

I asked a few posts ago and I'll ask again -

Does anyone know what OC's and DC's have expiring contracts after this season? Thanks.

Comment

• And it would be funny as hell if Davis gets elevated to the active roster and plays lights out next week.

Comment

• annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd bye bye Singletary.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• 2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/19269665389805568

York is looking for a GM with experience and said "we've placed some phone calls" already. Expect that hire to be made fairly quickly.
                      Looking for a GM with experience and they've already made some calls....probably rules out the #2 and #3 guys on other NFL teams. It probably means they've contacted a guy like Parcells, Accorsi, or maybe even Michael Lombardi. Just speculating on some names that fit the criteria. I just hope we don't rush it. We rushed the Sing hire and it cost us 2 years. Do a thorough search and interview some solid up and coming candidates...worst thing we could do is jump quickly on a retread.

Comment

• Off Chris Mortensen twitter:
                        You have to wonder if 49ers fired Singletary to take their best shot @Jim Harbaugh before Michigan or someone else does post-Orange Bowl
                        Interesting. My theory is tomorrow is Jon Gruden's last MNF game of the year. Maybe you are able to set it up that you beat Cle or another team to the punch and get a week jump on those teams.

Some names who have Maiocco thinks Jed will call:
                        Tom Donahoe, Randy Mueller and Rick Mueller are among those GM candidates who might get calls from 49ers team president Jed York this week.
                        Ugh.
                        Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 12-27-2010, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                          I thought nobody was going to remember Alex's "almost-comebacks"...
                          They won't. Don't worry.
                          Last edited by Ness; 12-27-2010, 02:16 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• What do you folks think about Floyd Reese? I really liked what he did with Tennessee.

Comment

• From Matt Maioccos twitter
                              http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN

Ex-Broncos GM Ted Sundquist has emerged as first candidate for 49ers' GM job. Broncos fired him in '08, and he's with Omaha of UFL.

Comment

• I say you guys get a veteran NFL assistant.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                                Originally posted by fenikz
                                we all hate you

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information