Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • top 3 picks?

    1. Robert Quinn-DE/OLB
    2. Pat Devlin-QB
    3. Kris O'Dowd-C

    Comment


    • IF we land Harbough would you guys feel confidant to draft Locker .Then that way he would be able to have a real coach to mentor him into a good QB for us .

      Comment


      • I'm sorry ninernation but that is just an ew draft board.I know we need help at all position .But other then Luck or Locker.I don't see drafting a QB until Round 4 where we have a second pick to waist on.Here is our December mock site wide draft me and Physlac did .I think this is a pretty nice draft.


        Round 1 - Robert Quinn LB from North Carolina
        Round 2 - Jimmy Smith CB from Colorado
        Round 3 - Quinton Carter S from Oklahoma
        Round 4 pick 1, Austin Pettis WR from Boise State
        Round 4 pick 2 , Ricky Stanzi QB from Iowa
        Round 5 Zach Hurd Offense Guard from UConn

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
          I believe money had zero to do with the GM hiring. Once Harbaugh signed off on Baalke Jed went with the guy who made him more comfortable. If Harbaugh wanted Lombardi Jed would have made it happen.

          Happy to see I am not the only sitting in front of my twitter feed/computer waiting for updates. Heading to work in an hour were I barely get a signal so not sure how I will handle the next 5 1/2 hours of work.

          Latest from Jed York's Number 2 La Confora
          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...9ers-wednesday

          Another update from La Confora
          I can understand Jed wanting the guy that he's more comfortable with but I still think he wanted Baalke to be the GM so he (Jed) can run things the way he (Jed) wants to as opposed to the actual GM running things his way. Thats just my own personal opinion though.

          Since Jed wasnt at the team's headquarters, im going to assume that Baalke conducted the interview with Jackson. Smart move there though.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
            IF we land Harbough would you guys feel confidant to draft Locker .Then that way he would be able to have a real coach to mentor him into a good QB for us .
            I want Locker regardless of who the HC is. Granted, if Harbaugh becomes the HC, drafting Luck would be a huge positive because he's played for Harbaugh and would know the offensive scheme already but I wouldnt give up more than what the Giants gave up for Eli back in 2004 especially with the CBA expiring March 3rd. If there's no new CBA by the draft, then the value of trading with CAR becomes even less because you would have a limited off-season to practice and everything.

            Back to Locker, im hoping that he's the fourth or fifth QB because then, we can trade down from the seven spot if Peterson is gone, get an extra second and/or third depending on how far we drop and still get Locker late teens-early 20's. Then, if an awesome pass rusher (DE or OLB) drops into the late 20's, I would trade back into the first round to get that guy.

            Dream scenario would be to trade down, get Peterson and trade back into the first for Locker. It all depends on what junior QB's declare and if Locker slides (ala Rodgers/Quinn).

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
              I want Locker regardless of who the HC is. Granted, if Harbaugh becomes the HC, drafting Luck would be a huge positive because he's played for Harbaugh and would know the offensive scheme already but I wouldnt give up more than what the Giants gave up for Eli back in 2004 especially with the CBA expiring March 3rd. If there's no new CBA by the draft, then the value of trading with CAR becomes even less because you would have a limited off-season to practice and everything.

              Back to Locker, im hoping that he's the fourth or fifth QB because then, we can trade down from the seven spot if Peterson is gone, get an extra second and/or third depending on how far we drop and still get Locker late teens-early 20's. Then, if an awesome pass rusher (DE or OLB) drops into the late 20's, I would trade back into the first round to get that guy.

              Dream scenario would be to trade down, get Peterson and trade back into the first for Locker. It all depends on what junior QB's declare and if Locker slides (ala Rodgers/Quinn).
              When has Locker played with Harbaugh?

              I think you have him confused with Andrew Luck, who played under Harbaugh at Stanford.

              Locker really does scare me as a prospect, he's looked really bad at times this year. We'll definently need a good coaching staff in place for him.

              If we could get Peterson or Amukamara at #7 and somehow trade up in the mid-late first round and get Locker that would be an automatic win.

              Comment


              • I'll take whatever quarterback Harbaugh wants. So if he wants Locker that's fine with me. That being said I don't know how Locker's season isn't extremely worrisome. He was supposed to come back to school and have a breakthrough year but he looked exactly the same. I know his supporting cast is bad but seriously...

                Nebraska: 4-20, 71 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs
                Stanford: 7-14, 64 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs
                UCLA: 10-21, 68 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT
                Nebraska: 5-16, 56 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

                Sorry but those numbers are flat out pathetic no matter who he is playing or how bad his team is. I know he has the tools but we're picking 7th and I can't be comfortable picking a quarterback 7th who plays that bad.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                  When has Locker played with Harbaugh?

                  I think you have him confused with Andrew Luck, who played under Harbaugh at Stanford.

                  Locker really does scare me as a prospect, he's looked really bad at times this year. We'll definently need a good coaching staff in place for him.

                  If we could get Peterson or Amukamara at #7 and somehow trade up in the mid-late first round and get Locker that would be an automatic win.
                  Re-read my post again bud. I never said Locker played with Harbaugh.

                  Locker doesnt scare me at all. A senior who played in a pro style offense while leading his team to a Bowl win but had a crappy team around him. I wouldnt draft him at 7 unless he blows away everyone at the NFL Combine, etc. but for a late teen, early 20's draft pick, that would be a great draft pick value wise.

                  I'm actually hoping that we can trade down to acquire an extra second and/or third round draft pick in order to trade back into the first round for Locker while still having our own second and/or third round draft picks.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    Re-read my post again bud. I never said Locker played with Harbaugh.

                    Locker doesnt scare me at all. A senior who played in a pro style offense while leading his team to a Bowl win but had a crappy team around him. I wouldnt draft him at 7 unless he blows away everyone at the NFL Combine, etc. but for a late teen, early 20's draft pick, that would be a great draft pick value wise.

                    I'm actually hoping that we can trade down to acquire an extra second and/or third round draft pick in order to trade back into the first round for Locker while still having our own second and/or third round draft picks.
                    I agree with that, if we decide that the price is too high to trade up to get Luck, i feel like that is the best possible outcome we could get though. If that doesn't happen, as it probably won't, I like the outcome that you've drawn out.

                    I'm just afraid that if we take an "elite" pass rusher, that he'll turn out like many of the pass rushers taken early in the last couple of drafts a la aaron maybin, jarvis moss, vernon gholston, etc. However, if Akeem Ayers is available in the second, that could be a big pickup, but it still scares me as, like many of the guys I just mentioned, his upside is huge, but so is his downside

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      Re-read my post again bud. I never said Locker played with Harbaugh.

                      Locker doesnt scare me at all. A senior who played in a pro style offense while leading his team to a Bowl win but had a crappy team around him. I wouldnt draft him at 7 unless he blows away everyone at the NFL Combine, etc. but for a late teen, early 20's draft pick, that would be a great draft pick value wise.

                      I'm actually hoping that we can trade down to acquire an extra second and/or third round draft pick in order to trade back into the first round for Locker while still having our own second and/or third round draft picks.
                      Why even trade down then?If you want him at 7th then might as well draft him there.I don't think he will make it pass Sea or Wash if drops that far.I'm sure he shows up at the combine work out and does well.But all PEOPLE wanna know is how does throwing , what happens if he doesn't throw ? So you might as well just take him at the 7th pick.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                        Why even trade down then?If you want him at 7th then might as well draft him there.I don't think he will make it pass Sea or Wash if drops that far.I'm sure he shows up at the combine work out and does well.But all PEOPLE wanna know is how does throwing , what happens if he doesn't throw ? So you might as well just take him at the 7th pick.
                        why trade down? because picking him at 7 would most likely be considered a pretty large reach, especially considering the season he just had. plus, trading down would allow us to accumulate more picks to, in theory, help bolster the rest of our roster

                        Comment


                        • Don't say that taking him at 7 is a reach, by April, that might seem appropriate.

                          Also, all of you talking about 'trading down': no team trades down, a team trades up. You can't just call up a team and ask them if they want to give up picks and spend more money because you dont like the options at your slot.

                          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                          Comment


                          • rainbeaukid2,
                            So your basically comparing his stats to the pick ? meh , I look at his potential and athletic ability to be able to compete at QB which is pretty high.If our new HC Harb can coach into a good QB then he stats don't mean crap he'll start fresh and ready to go under our new play book hopefully as well.I really don't see us singing a veteran QB waste of money with the ones going into FA IMO.So might as well just draft him .With our WR core and his arm strength is should be a good combo.

                            Comment


                            • Jim Harbaugh and Niners still meeting as of this tweet.
                              -less than 20 seconds ago via web
                              Via Shefter's Twitter 6:20 pm Eastern
                              Originally posted by Babylon
                              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                                rainbeaukid2,
                                So your basically comparing his stats to the pick ? meh , I look at his potential and athletic ability to be able to compete at QB which is pretty high.If our new HC Harb can coach into a good QB then he stats don't mean crap he'll start fresh and ready to go under our new play book hopefully as well.I really don't see us singing a veteran QB waste of money with the ones going into FA IMO.So might as well just draft him .With our WR core and his arm strength is should be a good combo.
                                i feel that if he had all the perfect intangibles, that he would have been able to put up better stats during his time at washington. the one thing I do like about him is his ability to win games even if his stat line wasn't that good or his team was heavily favored against, as in the nebraska game and usc games of the last couple of years

                                Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                Don't say that taking him at 7 is a reach, by April, that might seem appropriate.
                                right, but i feel that as of right now, it would be a reach to take him at 7. things may change in the future, he may have a phenomenal combine/senior bowl week, but who knows

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information