Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a side not of today's new.I was just watching NFL N and Mike Singleterry is getting an interview job at vikings for a line backer coach Good for him after the horrible time he spent in SF

Comment

• So in the future when colleagues of an involved party report that a decision that hurts their former colleague is a mistake perhaps people should take it with a grain of salt.

So.... how about being able to negotiate a 2 mil per season home town discount? Seems like young Jed played his hand pretty well for holding a pair of deuces.

Comment

• So looking ahead what kind of play book do we see Harbaugh bringing into SF for this offense .I'm all curious now to get a look ahead and do we go Rookie QB or sign / trade for some one.NFL N said something about Kolb .I hope nope cause I haven't seen anything promising out of him but maybe we a HC like Jim who could teach him the ropes . What do you guys think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
          So looking ahead what kind of play book do we see Harbaugh bringing into SF for this offense .I'm all curious now to get a look ahead and do we go Rookie QB or sign / trade for some one.NFL N said something about Kolb .I hope nope cause I haven't seen anything promising out of him but maybe we a HC like Jim who could teach him the ropes . What do you guys think?
          the offense that stanford ran this last year was very similar to the one that singletary wanted to run, we also have a fairly comparable group of guys to what stanford had

Comment

• I already like this guy listening to him at the conference right now.Much more media friendly then Singleterry. OK thanks rain.As long as we get a good QB that actually throw the ball down field I'll be good to go.

Comment

• its interesting that he can't say anything about the possibility of coaches. he said that he'd like to bring some guys from stanford but then said that he needs to talk to current coaches. doesn't seem like he just wants to come in and clean house, although who knows, that may be the best way to go. we'll see what he does

Originally posted by Jim Harbaugh
              We will install the west coast offense up here in San Francisco
              can't wait to see how he uses vernon

Comment

• Press conference is on 49ers.com if anyone is interested.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...-run-for-49ers

Nice analysis. My favorite part...

"The 49ers were the worst schematic team in the league," Williamson said. "That starts with Singletary and goes down to the way they handle quarterbacks, put together game plans, have no stability. Harbaugh will erase all that. He is worth more to the Niners than any other team in the league."
                Couldn't agree more with this.

Comment

• I'm soooooooooooooooo happpppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :'(
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by will99890 View Post
                    This is going to sound very strange coming from a 49er fan, but I wish Harbaugh stayed at Stanford. This has nothing to do with his ability to coach.

He was the #1 candidate on my own personal list, but for some reason I love seeing loyalty from coaches at the college level. I don't know why, but I enjoy watching a coach build a program out of nothing or return a fallen power back to relevance like Harbaugh did at Stanford.

If Harbaugh stayed at Stanford he would be a legend at the school. He would be known as the man that brought them back to the top 25, to a BCS blowout win, and most importantly, the man who turned down big time NFL money to stay with a program that he loved.

Even though I hate Ohio State and Jim Tressel, I can't help but respect both the school and coach for both displaying incredible loyalty. In this age of manic coaching changes, which is becoming as prevalent at the college level as it is in the NFL, loyalty is a thing of the past.

With that said, San Fran has a bright future ahead of them and I look forward to seeing the finished product next season.
                    I get what you're saying but his time to make the move to the NFL was now. His ties to the Niners, being in the same area with his young family and not having to move, the ability to punk Pete Carroll a couple times a year, to compete at the highest level against his brother and others trying to being home the ultimate trophy. Even if he returned to Stanford, it would have been for likely one more year. His stock is at an all time high.

The college system is what it is, and it does have some major flaws with coaches' ability to not honor their contracts, having to lie, leave in the night for a bigger payday, and there not being a legit playoff system in place. Hopefully, there are some improvements made in the coming years. Their loss is our gain.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I assume he is going to bring Fangio with him who is a Caper's pupil so that could be huge although Manusky was hand-cuffed with his bosses here.

Even with better coaching, the back seven needs some upgrades to help the defense be an elite unit that can truly affect games on a weekly basis.

Singletary's dream of the Niners being physical with an 'F' should finally come true. Look for another big tight end to be added to the roster.

Comment

• I just hope they start looking at the QB position and figure to draft or sign out of FA or via trade.I would them to draft personally ,that way its a young and fresh start for Jim and he can teach him the ropes either lock or perhaps some one in later rounds like Dalton or Stanzi.I'm stoked for the draft already.

Comment

• Happy happy joy joy!!!!!!!!!!! Beat out Michigan, the Fins, & the Denver Jackasses.

The Ravens are on the 9ers '11 schedule, the Harbaugh Bros. head to head. Can't wait.

The Big Question now becomes: will he maneuver for Jake Locker on Draft Day?

Comment

• Congrats on the hire guys. As a Michigan fan, it hurts a little bit that he isn't coming to coach U-M but I understand his desire to coach in the NFL and keep his family on the west coast. Jim has been one of my sports idols since I was eight years and I will root for him wherever he goes. I still remember the 1995 AFC Championship game in which he threw a last second hail mary into the end zone that would've won the game and sent the Colts to the Super Bowl but Aaron Bailey couldn't hold onto the ball as he fell to the ground. Feels like it was just a couple of years ago. I'll be rooting for the 49ers in every game that they don't play my Lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              Happy happy joy joy!!!!!!!!!!! Beat out Michigan, the Fins, & the Denver Jackasses.

The Ravens are on the 9ers '11 schedule, the Harbaugh Bros. head to head. Can't wait.

The Big Question now becomes: will he maneuver for Jake Locker on Draft Day?

I don't they will have to move up or down.I think there are enough QB s ahead of Jake for them to take him at #7.Unless he has a stellar bowl game and senior week.

Comment

• the fact that he sounds like he wants to surround himself with people who know what the **** they're doing is enough to make me happy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information