Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright guys here go we got Hargbaugh .Now where do you think we should I defiantly think we should go QB first round depending if Locker is there, which most likely he will be unless some one trades.The only teams I see taking a QB are Bills and Cards .The rest I think will go Defense unless Carolina is desperate.I know we still have 2 months before April comes around.I wish we could get more in site from coach staffing to get a look at who they wanna pick first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
      Let me guess: Dan will find about 10 different things to be upset about.

Hey Dan! You owe Jed an apology, you jackass.
      Originally posted by king2am
      Happy Dan? :)
      Dear Jed York,

I sincerely apologize to you, the entire 49ers franchise and to all 49er fans world wide (especially those at DraftCountdown.com) for not having more confidence in your ability to hire a head coach who while young, has a huge upside with a lot of potential and with the great late Bill Walsh looking over him from above, I am now confident and finally happy with what will hopefully turn out to be a great hire and the start of yet another 49ers dynasty. Again Jed, I apologize and already cant wait for the 2011 NFL season to kick off!!!!!

Sincerely,

A Born Again 49ers fan,
      dan77733. :)

Happy Borat???

And yeah, im happy especially after reading that Harbaugh is bringing back the WCO!!! All we need now is an offensive coordinator who's a veteran of the WCO and a QB who fits the offense.

However, with all that being said, im still upset that Jed didnt hire Lombardi to be the GM because I think that would have been an even bigger positive than what we already have and my only major concern is that if things dont go great quickly, Jed will grow impatient and make decisions that Trent and Jim should be making. I just hope that Jed stays in the background and let's Trent and Jim do what he's paying them to do.

And yes king im happy. What a great way to start off the middle of my vacation. :)

Comment

• On a related side note -

I'm sorry to everyone here for being an asshole but in my defense, like all of you, I just want to see the 49ers get back to what they were - Dynasty and Super Bowl Champions. :)

Sincerly,
        dan77733

Comment

• Back to business -

I havent watched Jim's press conference yet and will shortly but before I do, I have a few questions -

1) Does anyone know the defensive scheme (4-3 or 3-4) that Jim will be running for the 49ers?

2) Does anyone know the possible offensive coordinators that Jim will be going after to run the WCO?

3) Draft wise, which QB's fit the WCO scheme?

Thanks.

Comment

• Anyone else catch this from the press conference?

Will you hire someone to replace you in your position of Vice President of player personnel:
            [Trent Baalke] “We are going to make some changes and right now I am not prepared to address those, but there will be an addition to the staff at some point and there will most likely be some movement. We will address that when the time is right.”
            http://m.examiner.com/exSanFrancisco...tguid=z0Na9vls

Last week, Maiocco speculated that one of the candidates we were interviewing for the GM search could be VP of Player Personnel when Baalke was promoted. We did ask Michael Lombardi to be VP of Player Personnel under Baalke, and now Baalke basically confirms it will happen at some point. Besides Lombardi we interviewed Tony Softli, Ted Sundquist, and Rick Muellere...of the 3 i like Mueller the most. He's in the UFL now but used to be on the Saints. He was there in 06 when the Saints signed Brees, hired Sean Payton, and drafted Bush and Colston. I wouldn't mind Sundquist though, he could bring some experience to the FO.

Comment

• Dan ,
              From what I read or saw.I think Rain answered back a few pages.Hes going to run what he had at Standford for the play book , but basically the WCO style.I'm pretty stoked as well.I already can't wait for draft day even more!Glad I won't be work so I can watch it.I think we are going stick at 3-4 hard to say right now.As far as QB 's who I like at the WCO are pretty clear cut.My first option is Jake Locker , I think with a real good staff he start right away and become the franchise QB.Other then I don't care for any one esle in the first round.My next two QB 's are Ricky Stanzi and Andy Dalton,both had strong bowl games to end their season and I thik both are ready to go , they just need a few polished tools to be great .Either of these two QB 's I like in 3rd or 4th round where we have an extra pick to waste on.

Comment

• Personnel fits on the 3-4 better than the 4-3 at this point, but it also will be affected by the draft.

Other WCO QBs - Devlin/Ponder.

Comment

• I've read from Scott Wright that Christian Ponder is an ideal WCO quarterback.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                    I've read from Scott Wright that Christian Ponder is an ideal WCO quarterback.
                    NO! Ponder is a more athletic, but less accurate version of Chad Pennington.....I'll pass. Would like a guy with a better arm. I think we'll look into accquring a young QB who's been a back-up in a WCO for some years and might be ready to compete for a starting position(guys like Matt Flynn or Josh Johnson) while also bringing in a vet familar with the WCO(McNabb). Just makes the most sense to me.

Nice read on Harbaugh from ESPN NFC West blog....
                    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...-run-for-49ers

Comment

• Double post
                      Last edited by VAfy-ya; 01-08-2011, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        Back to business -

I havent watched Jim's press conference yet and will shortly but before I do, I have a few questions -

1) Does anyone know the defensive scheme (4-3 or 3-4) that Jim will be running for the 49ers?

2) Does anyone know the possible offensive coordinators that Jim will be going after to run the WCO?

3) Draft wise, which QB's fit the WCO scheme?

Thanks.
                        Shaw was his OC at Stanford but I'd be shocked if he wasnt the front-runner, with Luck returning, to succeed Harbaugh as Stanford's coach. As far as posibble OC's, we can speculate a ton. Basically any former HC from the WCO tree could be in play. Guys like Childress or Brian Billick, though Billick seems less inclined to take a OC gig, as he does have a SB ring.

Comment

• You guys will look back at this and say "That is when it all came together." Harbaugh will get you guys to the play-offs next year; I'd be willing to bet on it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                            Alright guys here go we got Hargbaugh .Now where do you think we should I defiantly think we should go QB first round depending if Locker is there, which most likely he will be unless some one trades.The only teams I see taking a QB are Bills and Cards .The rest I think will go Defense unless Carolina is desperate.I know we still have 2 months before April comes around.I wish we could get more in site from coach staffing to get a look at who they wanna pick first round.
                            Agree, unless the 49ers land Kolb in a trade, they need to invest in a QB in round 1. I am not the biggest Locker fan but I am curious to see what Harbaugh's opinion is having coached against him the last few years. Only issue is that he claims he wants an accurate passer, who doesn't, and Locker has not been consistent in that area.

Like this tidbit from Maiocco:
                            Part of what 49ers like: When Harbaugh was w/ Raiders he wrote "spot on" draft reports on Tony Romo, David Garrard ... and Joey Harrington.
                            Puts me a little at ease and can also bet SF is going to be taking another QB late in this draft to develop as a long term back up.

Comment

• he wants a smart, accurate, instinctual QB.

I am guessing either Gabbert and Delvin are near the top.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• No shocker here:
                                Look for 49ers HC Jim Harbaugh to bring Stanford's Vic Fangio with him as SF's new defensive coordinator.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information