This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
    Do we have the rights to the Bay Bridge or will Uncle Al sue us if we try to package that in a trade?
    he can have the bay bridge.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• We'll probably have to settle out of court and end up with the San Mateo Bridge.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent
        he can have the bay bridge.
        We can not give up this:

One of my favorite sites on my drive to AT&T park.

Originally posted by Borat
        We'll probably have to settle out of court and end up with the San Mateo Bridge.
        I firmly believe Harbaugh can bring out the potential of the San Mateo bridge.

Comment

• The Packers run a WCO, and that almost resembles a spread at times. So yes, not all of the systems can be clumped together.

Comment

• Carson Palmer?

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
              Carson Palmer?
              if they'll accept a 6th rounder, yes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                Carson Palmer?
                No thanks.He is getting up there in age .Also Cinn already stated to keep as the starting QB . What about Vince Young , any one ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                  No thanks.He is getting up there in age .Also Cinn already stated to keep as the starting QB . What about Vince Young , any one ?
                  Oh god no.

Comment

If you would want VY over Carson as a stopgap, you are insane. IMO, Carson is the best stopgap available, him or Orton.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                      The opening wasn't entirely directed at you - this was just the most recent example of assuming one WCO is like the next. If people use this logic, or lack there of with Kolb, I think they're ridiculous too.

I didn't say you said a seemless transition would take place. You implied it by saying "he wouldn't have much/if any to learn", which in my opinion is lumping all WCO together.

It seems like almost every offseason you are wanting to trade or sign veterans. When talking about about your trade scenario you mentioned mcnabb, t.o, westbrook - that's three vets that would have prominent roles on your offense - when there is no need for T.O, Westbrook isn't even the best back on this team, and McNabb is the most expensive and longest in the tooth of any stop gap options.

Also, do you really not see where I would get the idea you want to mortgage the farm for vets? You have a veteran based mad scientist plan every offseason Dan, i'm not pulling this out of my ass.
                      Fair enough for the first two paragraphs.

Every team needs veterans especially in key roles or they're not going to get far. I mention McNabb, T.O. and Westbrook because they've already played together so once the rust is gone, the chemistry is already there. Westbrook is cheap and T.O. wouldnt cost much either. Only McNabb would cost a lot of money ($12m) but releasing Clements evens it out for the year and then drafting Peterson (or Prince) would give us a young franchise CB for the next decade.

I see where you're getting the idea but mortgage the farm for vets? Come on man. You act like im adding 20 veterans or something when its only three veterans for one season and that isnt anywhere close to doing what you say.

Comment

• My pick of McNabb may be bad but not as bad as wanting Vince Young. LOL.

Comment

• P.S. - Go PACKERS and JETS!!!!!

Comment

• Whats so bad about Vince Young guys ? He has more winning experience then Carlson .Better arm I think too and more accuracy.At least he could be a competition for our new rookie QB

Comment

Whats so bad about Vince Young guys ? He has more winning experience then Carlson .Better arm I think too and more accuracy.At least he could be a competition for our new rookie QB
                              He wants to be a starter and in five seasons, has shown that unlike Palmer doesnt have the mentality to play QB in the NFL. When the owner and head coach is picking Kerry Collins over you, I think that it's safe to say that the guy isnt good enough to be a starter in the NFL.

Hell, I would rather have Troy Smith over Young.

Comment

• Good point Dan.But do you think with a new location and new coaching VY could rebuild his career and pull it back together?It's always a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information