Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You gotta be a DUMB poster to make me defend Smith this much. I don't like the guy, but the stupidity from one Brent is quite amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      It's not that I don't like him.

I just don't believe he can or will be successful in the NFL. I don't know what about the last 5 years has you convinced of otherwise.
      It is not that I think he can be successful, that is irrelevant. I think that he is the best option we have for the 2011-2012 season. I do believe that with Harbaugh and the team we have now we can win the division with him at QB, though that doesn't really matter in this discussion.

I don't agree with this question. I don't think it can get much worse at quarterback. I think we'd be better off with some of the people I listed. I don't really give a **** if you agree with me or not.
      It can get a lot worse than Alex Smith, I don't know what has convinced you otherwise. The past two years he has 32 touchdowns, 22 interceptions, and an 82 passer rating. Clearly he is among the worst QBs in the NFL and everyone you listed is a better option.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
        Did you even watch Mcnabb play last year or are you going by what he did with Andy Reid? He's 34, he's injury prone, and he's always been more inaccurate than Alex...plus, he's proven that he's too dumb to pick up systems quickly (and Wash can keep him right up until preseason starts I believe). Mcnabb is a crap option brought up by people living in the past. Palmer and Orton are legit options, I believe both are either equivalent or better than Alex. BTW, Mcnabb is the only FA on that list, the rest are under contract.
        McNabb is the least intercepted quarterback in NFL history. Yet you'll say he is more inaccurate than Alex? Doesn't make sense. And yes I did watch him play behind that awful line in Washington, worse than ours. I'm not saying I want McNabb, but when compared to Alex he's better. That's how far down the latter Smith is. And your last sentence indicates you didn't read what I previously wrote correctly.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
          McNabb is the least intercepted quarterback in NFL history. Yet you'll say he is more inaccurate than Alex? Doesn't make sense. And yes I did watch him play behind that awful line in Washington, worse than ours. I'm not saying I want McNabb, but when compared to Alex he's better. That's how far down the latter Smith is. And your last sentence indicates you didn't read what I previously wrote correctly.
          McNabb is terrible, dude. He's a downgrade.

Palmer and Orton are the only options via trade that are immediate improvements.

And WTF do Interceptions have to do with accuracy, numnuts? That is in the decision making category. LOL at you thinking McNabb is accurate because he doesn't throw picks. One of the DUMBEST statements I have read.
          Last edited by PatrickWillis; 01-30-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Hey Brent, are you BrentJones84 that moderates the 49ers.com forums? That would explain a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by PatrickWillis View Post
              Hey Brent, are you BrentJones84 that moderates the 49ers.com forums? That would explain a lot.
              No, it's just my name.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• It's funny how everyone blames Alex but yet no one ever blames Sing/Nolan/McCloughan/etc. for mismanaging him and for throwing him under the bus despite the fact that at worse, he's only half the blame.

All of those QB's that Brent listed are UFA's, im assuming and quite honestly, would rather just keep Alex over all of them. Volek did good like McNabb back in 2004.

If Harbaugh trades for a QB, im hoping for the Packers Matt Flynn. Dont really care about Palmer, McNabb, Orton or Kolb.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  I am not sure if you watched McNabb at all last year, but he was godawful; significantly worse than Smith. Kolb, in his limited time, has generally looked worse than Smith. Palmer might be marginally better than Smith, though I am sure throwing to 2 of the best receivers of the last decade makes some difference, but he would be very expensive. Orton is better than Smith, no question, but I think he will likely be worth a 3rd and something else to the Broncos plus he will probably want a long term deal. Why go through all that trouble for what is supposed to be a stopgap solution? You are the one who is clearly biased against Smith. You literally said that you would rather have Matt Leinart over Alex Smith. In no way, shape, or form is Leinart a better option than Smith.
                  Kolb hasn't looked worse than Smith in his limited starts. He's played a lot better in some of those limited starts than Alex ever has in his entire career. As for Palmer, he had his best game of the year without Owens and Johnson, so that point goes out the window. As for Matt Leinart, I wouldn't mind entertaining the possibility. At least during his rookie year he looked legitimate in some games. It's just his work ethic that has screwed him over. If Orton plays like he did in Denver for the 49ers, I wouldn't mind having him for a while.

And you aren't biased for Smith? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    It's funny how everyone blames Alex but yet no one ever blames Sing/Nolan/McCloughan/etc. for mismanaging him and for throwing him under the bus despite the fact that at worse, he's only half the blame.

All of those QB's that Brent listed are UFA's, im assuming and quite honestly, would rather just keep Alex over all of them. Volek did good like McNabb back in 2004.

If Harbaugh trades for a QB, im hoping for the Packers Matt Flynn. Dont really care about Palmer, McNabb, Orton or Kolb.
                    You mean it's impossible to blame both? One is gone (Singletary), the circle is almost complete.

Comment

Kolb hasn't looked worse than Smith in his limited starts. He's played a lot better in some of those limited starts than Alex ever has in his entire career. As for Palmer, he had his best game of the year without Owens and Johnson, so that point goes out the window. As for Matt Leinart, I wouldn't mind entertaining the possibility. At least during his rookie year he looked legitimate in some games. It's just his work ethic that has screwed him over. If Orton plays like he did in Denver for the 49ers, I wouldn't mind having him for a while.

And you aren't biased for Smith? LOL.
                      The bolded just lowered the average IQ in this forum from 115 to 107.8.

Nice use of a 1 game sample size.

Comment

McNabb is terrible, dude. He's a downgrade.

Palmer and Orton are the only options via trade that are immediate improvements.

And WTF do Interceptions have to do with accuracy, numnuts? That is in the decision making category. LOL at you thinking McNabb is accurate because he doesn't throw picks. One of the DUMBEST statements I have read.
                        Wow...and you're the one criticizing my post. Oh the irony. The fact that you're asking that question...I'm not sure I should take the time to explain to you..."numnuts".

Comment

Wow...and you're the one criticizing my post. Oh the irony. The fact that you're asking that question...I'm not sure I should take the time to explain to you..."numnuts".
                          Interceptions are based on decision making. McNabb is one of the most inaccurate QB's of all time. You this dumb?

Comment

The bolded just lowered the average IQ in this forum from 115 to 107.8.

Nice use of a 1 game sample size.
                            Right, because Johnson and Owens really helped Palmer out this season. Way to avoid the point. Palmer had his best game without them. Be an asshole instead of actual using insight in your posts, makes no difference. It happened.

Comment

You've changed your stance about 4 times in this thread, guy.

1st) All these QB's are better than Alex!
                              I said, "here are all the 2011 QBs I would rather have than Alex Smith"

Originally posted by PatrickWillis View Post
                              2) I didn't say they were better. I just would rather watch them than Alex.

3)Gradkowski shows more promise than Alex
                              "but at least some of them (Gradkowski, Dixon, Volek) offer much more promise for next season than Alex Smith." That was the next post I made. Again, I would rather those people suit up than Alex Smith.

4) I just don't think Alex will be succesful(while completely ignoring the question and offering a pussball answer)
                              A 'pussball' answer? Sweet ad hominem. Maybe you'll call me dumb in you next post next.

You gotta be a DUMB poster to make me defend Smith this much. I don't like the guy, but the stupidity from one Brent is quite amazing.
                              Ah, I'm stupid because you don't agree with me! Thanks for the rebuttal.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Interceptions are based on decision making. McNabb is one of the most inaccurate QB's of all time. You this dumb?
                                LOL I love when people try to act hard on a forum and put the cape on to make themselves feel better. Interceptions also play a role in accuracy. But keep riding the fail train on your way to getting banned.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information